[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of the OV-10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: OV-10D_155395_FB_2a.jpg (37 KB, 741x421) Image search: [Google]
OV-10D_155395_FB_2a.jpg
37 KB, 741x421
What does /k/ think of the OV-10?
>>
>>27793967

The Super Tucano has a cooler name and looks cooler. As for which is actually better, I don't know.
>>
>>27793967
Pucarà is sexier
>>
>>27793967
It's pretty fantastic. Perfect COIN craft because it's got the ability to carry cargo.
>>
>>27793967

Excellent design. It's perfect for COIN, does a million utility jobs, and is purty, too.

Usually when people complain about it, they quote the stats of the vietnam-era version (OV-10A). The more modern one is the D, and there's a G coming out that's under development.

I was just recommending the tucano over the bronco in another thread, but that was special circumstances. If you want a turboprop plane for a variety of uses, then the Bronco is 90% of the time the design you want.
>>
>>27793967

are the props counter rotating?
>>
>>27794182
>>27794279
>no articulated 20mm canon
>no cargo compartment
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>27794330
I second this. Love its adaptability, and after finishing a squadron s commanders memoirs, I have a deeper appreciation for these things. Nothing says COIN more than being able to fly low enough to smell Charlie campfires and direct snake eyes and napalm accordingly.
>>
>>27793967
It's pretty fucking awesome.
>>
Isn't there a version of the Bronco with a fixed 25mm cannon mounted on it, kinda like the Hind-D?
>>
>>27793967
Looks like it'd be fun to fly even in a civilian guise.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK