[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of my dreams is to acquire demilled receivers, deactivated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: art-guns1.jpg (51 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
art-guns1.jpg
51 KB, 620x413
One of my dreams is to acquire demilled receivers, deactivated weapons, and guns that have been turned into "art" like pic related, melt them down, and make new guns out of them. I realize that you need specialized equipment to recycle steel. What would be the best way, if any, to start a small time operation turning scrap into workable sheets and bars?
>>
Better look into a homemade foundry, if those even exist.
Going to be expensive and time consuming.
>>
>>27793480
Your best bet would be to come up with a more realistic dream
>>
>>27793620
People have made steel furnaces at home. Doesn't look terribly hard.
>>27793622
If people can melt steel at home then I am confident that I can learn metallurgy, forging and gunsmithing.
>>
>>27793750
I pray for your success.
>>
A forge, an anvil, and a whole lot of hammering
>>
>>27793769
I can get all that.
>>27793768
Thanks.
Where does one even find deactivated guns in the US?
>>
>forging sheet metal and barstock like an old-timey blacksmith

Your guns will be khyber pass-tier.
>>
Ignoring the metallurgical knowledge required to manufacture a safe product, your best bet would be to create AK's as their receiver is literally just sheet-metal that's been drilled and bulged in specific locations, then folded.
>>
File: measeu0.jpg (40 KB, 800x357) Image search: [Google]
measeu0.jpg
40 KB, 800x357
>>27793804
Oh, and here's a template for you or some shit.

Have fun.
>>
>>27793801
This. Stick to blackpowder, or very light handloads if you value your fingers.
>>
>>27793769
And proper, modern gunsmithing and metalworking tools.
>>
>>27793804
I think I would start with AK receivers. How about .22s and .32 pistols? I am willing to use existing barrels and other parts if I have to as long as some parts are homemade.
>>
>>27793620
Metalworker by trade here

It takes like, $30 and a couple household items to make a forge that can melt steel.

The hard part would be forming the steel AFTER you melt it, because you sure as shit don't want to mold it. I hope you have some blacksmithing experience OP.
>>
>>27793899
What would you need besides a hammer and anvil to beat the steel into a rough shape and a lathe, mill, and file set to complete it?
>>
>>27793791
buy them as surplus scrap metal, because once they are "deactivated" they are just that.
>>
I don't know where you would begin to look for sculptures made of melted guns
>>
>>27793480
good news mexico has been in the process of making part for the shovel aks
http://inhabitat.com/artist-melts-1527-guns-to-make-shovels-for-tree-planting/
>>
>>27798687
Cool, I'll have to find that artist, buy some shovels off him, and then make a Youtube video making them back into guns.
>>
File: sharpshooter.png (180 KB, 350x370) Image search: [Google]
sharpshooter.png
180 KB, 350x370
>>27798787
god speed you diamond.
>>
>>27793480
Make diamonds from their ashes
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.