[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a specific name for the firing solution when a battleship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1250px-Iowa_16_inch_Gun-EN.svg.png (432 KB, 1250x700) Image search: [Google]
1250px-Iowa_16_inch_Gun-EN.svg.png
432 KB, 1250x700
Is there a specific name for the firing solution when a battleship fires all three of it's cannons at the same target?
>>
Firing full broadside.
>>
>>27791891
Yes.

It's called rape.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 823x1001) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 823x1001
>>27791891
Alpha strike
>>
"Fuck this spot in particular"
>>
>>27791891
I got you senpai.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/Gun_Data_p3.htm

Also broadside as well as collective fire might work
>>
>>27792117

LOL ARMLOCK NO CONVERGENCE FUCK THE POLICE
>>
>>27792117
>not the D-DC model
>>
>>27792193
thanks!
>>
>>27792117
I want an atlas with a ballistic HP in both side torsos.
>>
>>27792742
Sadly Atlas's fire their guns straight out of their armpits, meaning you shoot into the dirt more than you otherwise might. Not as bad as some mechs mind you (Cataphract, Nova) but still there.

Shoulder cannons are where it's at.
>>
>>27791891
>Is there a specific name for the firing solution when a battleship fires all three of it's cannons at the same target?

cleveland steamer
>>
https://youtu.be/3m3ZkJTX1qY
>>
>>27792117
But thats wrong. An Alpha strike is when a carrier attacks a target with every plane on board
>>
File: Mad Cat - Timberwolf Chassis.jpg (116 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
Mad Cat - Timberwolf Chassis.jpg
116 KB, 1131x707
>>27793154
This is now a Battletech thread.

What is the best Heavy mech and why is it Mad Cat?
>>
>>27793221
Too many heavy+ mechs have the problem of being unable to decide their role on a battlefield. Clan mechs have it the worst (despite being "better") as most clan mechs are built to fight at all ranges and are therefor just kind of okay at all ranges.

Then again they do like to combo dual ERLL/dual ERPPC/or dual Gauss which are some things I can really get behind.
>>
>tfw can't play MW2 anymore because Windows 7
It may have crap graphics by today's standards but MechWarrior Online just isn't the same
>>
>>27793332
I always thought the Summoner was trash compared to Thor, but int MA2, I could do some massive fucking damage with those Hammer missiles.

>>27793414
I really like MWO. Since I was a founder, they gave me a free Atlas D-DC, which is a fucking unstoppable wall of Gauss weaponry and has a massive sensory upgrade. Really good devs.
>>
Broadsides
>>
>>27793611
The summoner and the thor are the same thing. Thor is the IS name for the clan mech.

Now in video games they tend to get separated yes.
>>
>>27793979
Isn't the only difference the paint job and the subsystems?
>>
>>27794319
Its not even really that. What happened was some spheroids saw a Summoner cresting a hill once, fire some PPCs, and went "We're going to call that a Thor" as they had no idea what its name actually was.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.