[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bersa guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Thunder-380-CC-Nik-Amb.jpg (258 KB, 709x517) Image search: [Google]
Thunder-380-CC-Nik-Amb.jpg
258 KB, 709x517
anyone knows this brand(bersa), any opinions? people seems to be very happy with them
>>
>>27788897
spy/10
>>
>>27788897
Just get an m&p bodyguard 380
>>
bump?
>>
>>27788953
>buy my plastic shit!

How about nyet?
>>
>>27788953
why should i buy one instead of the bersa (i think the bersa looks nicer)
>>
File: mybersa9mm.jpg (606 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
mybersa9mm.jpg
606 KB, 2048x1152
>>27788897
I love my Bersa Thunder 9 Pro HC. After FFL transfer and state sales tax, I got mine for about $487. I bought Bersa Magazines from CTD for $36 each.

They are essentially an Argentinean Beretta. Mine is very reliable. I've run over 3000 rounds through mine and outside of a defective magazine, it has no issues (yes, I'm that anal. I keep track of how many rounds it has fired). Good for righties or lefties (you'll have to switch the magazine eject around for lefties).

The main drawbacks are: 1) Finding a holster might be difficult in a Glock laiden gun shop. 2) You will have to order your magazines on-line as most shops won't have them on the shelf unless they're a Bersa dealer.

My Thunder 9 sights are SIG #8's front/rear. So if you want to go fiber optic, just get ones labeled SIG #8.
>>
>>27790096

Ok.. Follow up. I realized OP's photo is the Bersa 380. So THAT won't be like a Beretta. But it's a solid little fixed barrel pistol. The main thing I hear from 380 owners is the grip screw sometimes will come loose. But a little lock-tite on that fixes that.

The 380 comes in a 7+1 and the 380 plus comes in a 15+1 variant. The 380 has the magazine safety (which means it can't fire w/o a magazine). My Thunder 9 Pro doesn't have that "feature".
>>
>>27788897
I got one of their .380s for my mom. She likes it. I like it. It hasn't failed or broken yet after a few hundred rounds. Other than that, the main complaint I was hearing is that it's too big for a .380. That's the main reason I picked it up. She's old with weak hands. The bersa was easier for her to grip and the extra weight helps her with the recoil.
>>
what about the thunder 22, for cheap firing. anyone knows it?
>>
>>27791050
I looked into this as well, but I don't like the double action hammer that it uses. I ended up going with a ISSC M22 (glock lookalike) on palmetto state armory - they sell for $199
>>
>>27788897
I'd avoid Bersa. My dad bought one and the barrel expanded enough to stop the slide, and their warranty process was such a pain in the ass that he didn't even bother with it. Very much like Taurus, they're a crapshoot.
>>
>>27788897
I have a mini Firestorm 40.
Pros:
-Good ergos
-Ambi controls
-Easy takedown (the 1 grip screw also holds the hammer spring)
-Basically a Beretta lower mated to a Glock/Browning slide
-Stainless model looks a bit like the Zenith from Deus
Cons:
-Unreliable with steel case or Tula brass
-compact 40 cal, so kicks like mule
-frame cracked in a non-stress bearing fairing area under the right side slide release (gun still works)
-Front sight fixed
-Proprietary rail
>>
If you don't have the money for a Snake Slayer or a Judge, but you still REALLY want to put 410s through a handgun, then Bersa makes a decent gun called the Super Comanche that you can pick up for around 180USD. It's not the prettiest, and the plastic fore grip is rather shoddy, but it's a mechanically sound, reliable gun that you can get for a very reasonable price. I actually think that last statement exemplifies most of Bersa's products, and were it not for the fact that I'm just a whore for anything Walther, I'd readily consider a Thunder for a ccw. But that's just my opinion.
>>
Potmetal Argentinian garbage.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.