[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any reason to spend money on a charging handle? Anything that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: AR15A4_700w.png (98 KB, 700x204) Image search: [Google]
AR15A4_700w.png
98 KB, 700x204
Any reason to spend money on a charging handle? Anything that a 100 dollar handle does that a 20 dollar one doesnt?

Planning my first AR. TY.
>>
>>27580809
bigger latches and ambidextrous
>>
>>27580829
Meh. I'm not ambi, and the rifle's for me, so that's not a huge deal I guess. Some expensive charging handles out there, you know.
>>
>>27580960
well then i guess you don't need it then.
>>
>>27580809
If you don't know if you have a reason to replace a stock part, then hold off until you (or whoever owns it) has shot the gun enough to know if the stock part sucks.

Purely IMO, the enlarged charging handles are goofy, and I've seen them get tangled up in people gear about 10 times more than I've seen people get use out of them.

But that's military thinking, I dunno if you're planning to racegun or something.
>>
Longer handles are hella bothering when slung over your back. I sometimes bring my own chargin handle when innareserve for this reason.
>>
File: 1425929557005.jpg (17 KB, 220x372) Image search: [Google]
1425929557005.jpg
17 KB, 220x372
>>27581021
>If you don't know if you have a reason to replace a stock part, then hold off until you (or whoever owns it) has shot the gun enough to know if the stock part sucks.

i spent years preaching this mantra on the automotive modding forums and stressing working on the driver [or in this case operator] before spending money on stuff

but good god damnit people love to buy shit they dont need

as i got older, doing more with less became cooler.
>>
>>27581051
I do like buying shit I don't need.

And I don't need your faggot ass with hot opinions telling me what you think I "need" or dont "need".

Fuck off you self righteous cunt.
>>
>>27581021
>>27581051
Just a range toy, just don't want to end up buying the same part twice.
>>
>>27581269
Just get a standard charging handle then. I've never had problems with mine and I treat my AR like most fags treat their AKs
>>
>>27581261
Are you autistic or just THAT fucking edgy? Jesus Christ
>>
I asked for a Raptor for my birthday a while back. I feel a little spoiled by it, and really don't like charging a standard handle any more. It feels more robust though, and I handle it a little more aggressively.
>>
>>27581033
>Slung over back.
Keep your rifle in front of you man.

OP, after market charging handles have bigger latches and some are ambi. You just said you don't want ambi stuff, and that's fine. But bigger latches are easier to catch quickly, and thats useful if you have a large scope. Plus, they look cool. BCM gunfighter charging handles are $40-70 and go on sale frequently at websites like primary arms. I have the mod 4, which is their "medium" size latch, and I find that I catch it easier than a standard size charging handle, which is important since I'm a lefty and I have to reach a little more.
>>
>>27581542
+1 Raptor. Everything else is trash.
>>
>>27581261

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>27580809
If the stock one works and you don't wanna spend money, then keep the stock one.

If the stock one works and you want to spend money to upgrade, then upgrade.

If the stock one doesn't work and you want to spend money to upgrade, then upgrade.

If the stock one doesn't work and you don't want to spend money to upgrade, then don't upgrade.
>>
>>27583672
Raptor is love Raptor is life
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.