[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>they're not actually best friends Post touhou canon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 16
File: sce.jpg (104 KB, 632x449) Image search: [Google]
sce.jpg
104 KB, 632x449
>they're not actually best friends

Post touhou canon that makes you sad/disappointed.
>>
They are best friends though
>>
>>15425531
not if ZUN has anything to say about it
>>
>>15425554
I think we can infer that they are at least friends. I don't think there is any evidence that they hate each other, at least.
>>
>>15425531
>>15425562
Marisa is undoubtedly the closest Reimu has to a best friend. However in proper terms I think it would probably be more accurate to call them friendly rivals.

Although I think that torch is mostly carried by Marisa who at times seems jealous of Reimu and delights in being able to defeat her or beat her to the punch, though obviously they will work together when the time comes for it.

I think Reimu mostly sees everyone as bothersome people in her life, but is hospitable enough to not turn them away and secretly enjoys having someone around or throwing parties.

I'm not sure Marisa can be called her best friend because when the dust settles and you get on Reimu's good side all including Marisa would simply be considered "a friend", though there are some she obviously spends more time with than others.

If anyone were a "best friend" it would monopolize "everyone's/Gensokyo's Reimu".

Note: Half canon, half headcanon, maybe.
>>
>>15425508
>Post touhou canon that makes you sad/disappointed.

-She said no one wants to be allies with the inchlings because they're weak and small- they have been ignored and belittled.
-Seija used her as a tool to access the miracle mallet's power.
-In most character paths, the pre-battle dialog shows her delighted and happy that she has a new friend and ally, but in reality "you" are there to crush her rebellion and with it her spirit.
-The final stage theme and battle theme are both poignant. ZUN did a truly excellent job in making the most emotional music for the most empathetic "villain" in any of his games.
-I wanted to join her and be her friend and ally, /jp/.

At least she's probably on good terms with Reimu.
Still, any time one of the "little guys" (literally) in a story continues to get bullied it really affects me.
>>
File: reimumarisahighfive.png (38 KB, 237x478) Image search: [Google]
reimumarisahighfive.png
38 KB, 237x478
>>15425508
>>they're not actually best friends
Where did you get that from? Tell me pic related isn't something that's done by best buds.
>>
Sanae is not a slut
>>
>>15426226
She's worse
She goes "haha youkai hunting is soo much fun guise"
>>
>>15425508
>I've never read the manga.
>Or seen most of the good endings.
Marisa is clearly Reimu's closest friend, even if they're also rivals (though that's more on Marisa's end than Reimu's).
>>
>>15425508
Based on how catty they are to the other girls together, if they're not best they're the only ones they consider friends.

Reimu is generally outright uninterested in anyone else unless they can do something for her.
>>
File: 1462750288075.jpg (969 KB, 1971x1746) Image search: [Google]
1462750288075.jpg
969 KB, 1971x1746
>>15425508
>>15425554
You are blind as fuck, then.
>>
File: e024.jpg (385 KB, 728x1156) Image search: [Google]
e024.jpg
385 KB, 728x1156
>>
>>15426238
B-but I like the slut Sanae
>>
>>15426238
>Sanae is actually a pretty amazing person
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Strange_Creators_of_Outer_World/Legacy_of_Lunatic_Kingdom_interview_with_ZUN
>>
>>15425508
>they're not actually best friends

That's because they're too busy being lovers.
>>
>>15426432
Oh, Reimu's really pragmatic.
>>
>>15425508
Residents in the former hell are prohibited from entering gensokyo.
>>
File: 1462519061469.png (952 KB, 1078x1097) Image search: [Google]
1462519061469.png
952 KB, 1078x1097
Not many know this but Rumia eats people!!!!
>>
>>15426859
Never actually confirmed
>>
>>15426859
>>15426863

If she didn't at least get one person, she'd starve! Though if I remember correctly, isn't getting her to not eat you as simple as saying "Sorry, I don't wanna be eaten?"
>>
>>15426965
She is said to be malnourished, according to certain tabloid.
>>
>>15426965
>Though if I remember correctly, isn't getting her to not eat you as simple as saying "Sorry, I don't wanna be eaten?"
If you live in Gensokyo, she's not allowed to eat you no matter what. (although Reimu said she doesn't mind if certain types of night going people get eaten by her)
>>
>>15425554
Just contributing another piece of circumstantial evidence so other people reading your resu don't get the wrong idea: they may as well have gone on a date in one of the endings to LLS.
>>
>>15425508
What? Any dialogue exchange they have clearly shows they know each other at a best friends level if not more.

>>15426407
It's just a small part if this.
Reimu and Marisa are clearly the two characters that get along the most in the whole Touhou serie.

>>15426975
Youkai can still eat outside world humans, and it's implied many times there's a shady movement going on to let youkai have their stomachs full using the outside world.
>>
>>15426970
>She is said to be malnourished
Please don't say this. The thought of little Rumia going hungry makes my stomach churn.
>>
>>15426811
The saddest part of this is, Former Hell is technically a "lawless" district - it's not under Reimu's jurisdiction, meaning any exterminatory action would have to be undertaken by humans independently.

Kanako is using Former Hell's lawlessness to keep nuclear fusion technology out of the hands of humans.
>>
>>15425992
this desu

Remember Reimu is supposed to be "alone in her heart", she's not truly close with anyone. Nobody is special to her.
>>
>>15426811
Where's that written? Suika and Kasen wander in Gensokyo like nothing.
So does Koishi and so did Yuugi during the cunfusion of HM, if Yukari is against that then she's doing a very bad job.

>>15427850
But Satori doesn't let evil spirits do anything, so they're not in a lawless circumstance. On top of that Kanako reasearces for a better alternative to Okuu at the start of WaHH, and not secretly, hell she even called many people to attend the event.

>>15427909
Stop reading the shitty wikia and use the wiki already.

I'm starting to think this thread is more of a headcanon one than anything.
>>
>>15426122
little 2hu has one of the best boss themes desu

Too bad most of its arranges suck terribly though, nobody manages to get the dramatic feeling of it right.
>>
>>15427744
It's also implied Rumia is too lazy to bother attacking anyone.
>>
>>15427909
The wikia is plain wrong and full of badly translated sentences, on top of random fanon blending in character pages. The only reason it's still active if because it has advertisement and retards will keep using it, so it's free money.

The actual .txt only says that Reimu prefers working alone and when she does so she's quite the cold blooded type. In fact ZUN also said so again in the one magazine with the latest CoLA chapter, but he also said that only applies to the games (giving him also trouble with the dialogues because of that), in fact he uses the written works to show a more relaxed Reimu.
>>
>>15427917
Kanako can't fully control Okuu, which goes against Kanako's modus operandi of being in total control of her operations.
>she even called many people to attend the event.
As Kanako would, in order to flaunt and display her power.

Also, the lawlessness of Former Hell applies to youkai, not spirits. There are some implications that youkai are actually afraid of spirits (understandable, as spirits usually can't be harmed by youkai), making Satori's role necessary to maintain the freedom of the underground youkai.
>>
>>15426407
That Marisa in winter coat looks swagger as fug
>>
>>15427944
>There are some implications that youkai are actually afraid of spirits
Not Spirits but Evil/Vengeful Spirits more specifically the series makes a clear distinction between them.

Spirits are specifically called 精霊 (seirei) and are beings lesser than the basic fairies you see in the series, virtually harmless. Evil/Vengeful Spirits are 怨霊 (onryou) which on the other hand are dangerous, it's stated in canon that they can effectively kill youkai by replacing their entire existence and changing their very being.
>>
>>15428175
Yeah. Posess a human, and you can exorcise it and get the human back. Posseses a youkai, the original was deleted.
>>
>>15426811
It's the opposite, Youkai from the surface cannot enter Former Hell, while Youkai from underground seem to be free to come up (Orin's whole deal is stealing corpses from funerals). That's why the support partners in SA are not actually with the heroine but above ground.
>>
File: 1438311015515.jpg (521 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1438311015515.jpg
521 KB, 1000x1000
She did the seemingly impossible multiple times and became a savior to her people.

...but still not able to prevent child genocide in the human village. RIP brooms and buckets.
>>
>>15426432

Reminder that Reimu doesn't exterminate Alice because she only exterminates woke men or Zun is a bad writer.
>>
>>15428506
Hold it, Alice is a youkai before she enters Gensokyo.

She's from fucking Bucarest.
>>
You will never play SWAT 5: Gensokyo where a team of Reimu, Marisa, Sanae and Reisen/Youmu bust up a youkai joint.
>>
>>15428571
I would play a a Touhou tactical shooter with Reisen as the lead, wish it existed.

>>15426122
I kind of feel likewise she should make a good protagonist for some kind of adventure game. The Little Adventures of Shinmyoumaru or something.
>>
>>15428506
We've been through this.
What Alice did and what the diviner did are two different things.
Then there's the whole "being a threat to Gensokyo" thing, which is a big no-no for Reimu.
Plus, he's the only known case so far. If a woman did what he did and Reimu lets her go, then I'll concede defeat.

>>15425508
Canon, is it? The closest thing to "this makes me sad" that I can think of is that the... grouping for some characters isn't likely to happen.
Pic related.
>>
>>15428506
We've been over this countless times. There is no evidence that Alice ever came from the Human Village or is expected to follow their rules. Becoming a magician through years of hard work and study, or following the path of the hermit, are much different than inviting dark magics by looking beyond Gensokyo (t. Mamizou), killing yourself, and getting revived through negative emotions like jealousy.

Alice entertains the humans and gives them shelter/food when they are lost, she is well-known as a nice person. Just a bit weird.
>>
>>15429636
Didn't the fairy manga pretty much validate Team9?
>>
>>15426122
>>15427927
It bugs me how many people seem to think her stage and boss theme are "lazy". Don't people understand music themes? Shinmyoumaru's stage and her theme are pretty melancholy. It sucks that Seija got to her first and filled her head with lies, I feel bad for her.

It seems like she still considers Seija a friend/ally until IS and tries to get her to stop, but when Seija refuses she finally has to give up on her.

Thankfully she seems to get to hang out at the shrine a bit.
>>
>>15429673
I think it was the non-mystia members
>>
File: oriental_sacred_place_04_02.png (273 KB, 845x1200) Image search: [Google]
oriental_sacred_place_04_02.png
273 KB, 845x1200
>>15429673
I haven't read VFiS if that's the particular manga your referring to.
But you're right, OSP does have pic related, so I am pretty happy.
Sure you can argue that they're there by coincidence, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
>>
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 512x288
>>15426633
Great interview, is a nice to know ZUN's philosophy about his own series, he cares more about designs and concept (both for character/story) than a tale of adventure with sequential events. He puts a lot more of thought than it seems to be.
Popular, sucessful, has 100% of control over his works (he's his own boss), a wife that he can get drunk with at the end of day, and now even a child.

ZUN really is someone to envy.
>>
File: 11.jpg (530 KB, 1018x1440) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
530 KB, 1018x1440
>>15429802
Speaking of, VFiS has the three fairies ask all of team9 while hunting for info about Clownpiece. So you could infer that they've made friends all of team9.
>>
>>15429636

Alice "transformed into a youkai or or assumed a youkai-like nature." That's just a fact. But it's okay for girls to do that or even destroy the Hakurei shrine on a whim. Reimu only cares about men who push the limits.

Also don't even know Team 9 has shown up in official works and going to lecture about canon, lmfao go home kid.

>>15429657

There's no evidence, EXCEPT ALICE WAS HUMAN. On the other hand, there's ZERO canon evidence Alice came from anywhere else. Give it a rest Reimu and/or Zun apologists.
>>
>>15430535
>there's ZERO canon evidence Alice came from anywhere else
Except the fact that she has a Western name and that her spellcards reference Western locations only
>>
>>15430279
Why do I get the feeling you're being sarcastic?
>>
>>15430549

And there are plenty of times in the games when characters reference things from pop-culture hat they shouldn't have a clue even exists.

Likewise, doesn't Kosuzu make a reference to Doraemon in the manga?
>>
>>15430535
>Alice "transformed into a youkai or or assumed a youkai-like nature". That's just a fact
When did I say it wasn't? What I was trying to say was that her method was more agreeable than the diviner.
Unless you want to argue that committing suicide and cheating death through malicious intent is as acceptable as committing yourself to studying magic, in which case just say so.

>But it's okay for girls to do that or even destroy the Hakurei shrine on a whim
Again, it wasn't so much the "becoming a youkai" part, it's the "becoming a threat to Gensokyo" that forced Reimu to act.
Destruction of the Hakurei shrine doesn't affect anything other than the shrine itself. It's stated as much in SWR Reimu's ending that the shrine still persists even if the building is destroyed.

>Reimu only cares about men who push the limits
Problem is, that's the only known case of Reimu doing that, so the "men" argument doesn't really work.

>lmfao go home kid
... Apparently forgetting thing isn't allowed anymore, who would've thought? Guess you need to be able to remember every insignificant details before your argument can be considered valid.
>>
>>15430987
I could pass it off as a joke reference if it was once, but having almost all her spellcards named after European cities is a bit suspect
>>
>>15430535
Isn't the only source on Alice having once been human PMiSS? Akyuu isn't omniscient, and is wrong on a few things (like most things about the IN girls).
Regardless, even if she was human, that doesn't mean Alice was originally from the human village. Hell, in PC98 she was living in Makai.
>>
>>15430535
>There's no evidence, EXCEPT ALICE WAS HUMAN
There are plenty of humans in Touhou that aren't from the Village, what the fuck are you talking about.

Causing an incident isn't disrupting the fundamental balance of humans and youkai in Gensokyo. Keine even talks about how important this balance is.
>>
>MUH ALICE
You just have to become a Youkai OUTSIDE the village and then not go around bragging that you're a youkai, and Reimu won't do shit.
>>
>>15426633
>I guess Greece was just fantasy-filled economically.
>>
>>15431743
If anything, incidents strengthen the balance since there's usually a period between the incident starting and stopping, plenty long enough for humans to remember Youkai can fuck them up without even trying and thus instilling fear.
>>
>>15427944
>Also, the lawlessness of Former Hell applies to youkai, not spirits. There are some implications that youkai are actually afraid of spirits (understandable, as spirits usually can't be harmed by youkai), making Satori's role necessary to maintain the freedom of the underground youkai.

Once again give me source, because there's nothing written about this stuff as far I know.
>>
>>15425508
Isnt like a one sided? Marisa consider Reimu her BFF, but Reimu with all her stuff of miko and Yukari over her all the time, she is suppose to feel apart from everybody, deep inside, Reimu feels alone.
>>
>>15427927
I thought that Demetori's was pretty climactic.
Meanwhile I love Purefag's theme but I've found literally zero good arranges of it.
>>
>>15425508
They kind of really ARE, though.

But it is weird, since ZUN's said Reimu won't connect to anyone ever.
>>
>>15436882
SoPM
>>
>>15427942
the wiki really ought to be fixed, jeez
>>
If I were to marry either one of them, would that strain their friendship?
>>
>>15438713
I usually love Demetori but their needle arrange was a disappointing shit
>>
File: fairies want to play.png (150 KB, 1294x630) Image search: [Google]
fairies want to play.png
150 KB, 1294x630
>>15430403
the fairies are so fucking cute holy fuck
>>
Komachi's Komachis may not be as big as we all hope for them to be
>>
>>15443363
Would prank.
>>
>>15428584
>I kind of feel likewise she should make a good protagonist for some kind of adventure game. The Little Adventures of Shinmyoumaru or something.

This is exactly what I would do if I made a fan game. She has a bag of tricks much like Link, she even has a sword-needle.
>>
Not disappointed but surprised.

Didn't thought that Keine headbutt meme is actually canon.
>>
>>15430403
Fairies are like niggers, they all know everyone, specially the ones of their own kind.
>>
>>15427768
Churn with hunger?
>>
>>15428506
>>15428517
>>15429636
>>15429657
>>15430535

What if Akyuu is just retarded/a lying fuck?
>>
Didn't Alice transform into a youkai before Reimu was even born?
>>
>>15438713
I liked the remix one (MYTK, wasn't it?) on rin's house set album of lolk, if you're into those.
>>
Everyone is secretly socio/psychopathic
>>
>>15486482
Which 2hus aren't crazy and/or bitches?
>>
>>15487396
>crazy
Everyone is at least 200 years old, does things to a person
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.