[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dakimakura/Anime Body Pillows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Have any of you actually bought dakimakura? Do you think it's worth it? After looking at some I was thinking about getting one at a time that I don't have a roommate, but do you guys think it's actually worth having one?
>>
My pillow arrived yesterday, so now I'm just waiting on the case. The case was pretty cheap, though, so hopefully it won't look like garbage.

I bought them mostly because I want something to prop up my arm when sleeping on my side. The cute girl is just a rather sizable plus.
>>
>>15246875
Where'd you get it from?
>>
I have 2 of them and I think they are worth it. If you exclude in cuteness of hugging your waifu, just having one makes sleeping more comfortable in my opinion.

I have one bootleg and one real daki, but bootleg ones are not bad like most people make out as long as you get a good quality one.

Make sure that you get Two Way Tricot as the fabric type because its the best.
>>
File: 1457224634102.jpg (388 KB, 1000x1778) Image search: [Google]
1457224634102.jpg
388 KB, 1000x1778
I got 3 2way tricot, 1 polyester case.
Polyester got low stretch, not as smooth as 2way tricot and gets hot. But 2way tricot is the way to go for a 1st cover.

Even if you don't want/can't have artwork it's still great both for sleeping and cuddling. There's also plain covers for storing and hiding artwork.
Definitely worth it.
>>
>>15248305
Hope home is the seller. Bought it off of Amazon.
>>
I have a cover with a custom design. Just waiting for a better pillow because I had one with micropearl stuffing.
DO NOT EVER GET MICROPEARL STUFFING
>>
Maybe it's worth having even with a roommate then. I'm pretty set on getting one, just waiting until I have the funds.

Thanks for the tips guys.
>>
>>15249539
はい!
>>
>>15249539
Where do I go if I want a custom cover?
>>
Is there a actual store that sells the pillow? I'd like to avoid buying one online if possible.
>>
>>15250295
Anywhere that sells bedding will have body pillows.
>>
>>15250271
artsc0wThey don't give you a fabric choice but its better than having to deal with some shady chinese guy on ebay or whatever.
For the design you can just comission an artist.
>>
>>15246576
I won an Azusa k-on one from a ufo catcher game in Japan a while back. It's worth it if it helps you sleep and don't mind putting it in the washers. I haven't touched mine since. :/
>>
File: 1449417754489.gif (263 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1449417754489.gif
263 KB, 480x479
>>15250295
Most of the pillows you would find in US stores will be the wrong size, but you might get lucky. You're looking for 150cm/160cm (59in/63 in) long.
>>
>>15253670

Do the pillows look awkward laying on your bed, or is it something you get used to?
>>
>>15251867
Art cows dakis are fucking garbage
Just use hobby heart
>>
>>15249219
Geez. I am now seriously considering it, even while sharing a house with normal people.
Biggest hindrance is I have no waifu, and the few characters I am interested in have very little art, let alone a proper daki spread.
>>
>>15257440
>hobby heart
The amount of shit I have to deal with on their website wasn't worth the effort. In the end all those websites that offer custom print will get it from the same china sweatshop anyways.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.