[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memories of Phantasm - Hisoutensoku OVA Trailer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: Youtube.jpg (475 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Youtube.jpg
475 KB, 1600x900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCvGqNcDBR0
>>
While I feel like their original design for the Chireiden palace is interesting, I wonder why they didn't go with the canon portrayal from HM.
>>
>>15203185
I miss the animation quality of the original episode.
>>
>>15203263
Because they probably didn't even play the game
>>
>>15203335
And that's for the better. HM a shit.
>>
>>15203377
Still better than the other random ass entries
>>
>no anime series? lol we'll just make one ourselves and in professional quality too
Touhou's fanbase is out of control.

I think Touhou fan anime hasn't gotten as much recognition as it should though (outside of the fans).
>>
>>15203694
Who are you quoting?
>>15203185
>Hisoutensoku
Fuck.
IN when?
>>
>>15203185
They haven't even finished PoFV yet, have they?
And they're already jumping ahead to Soku?
>>
>>15203958
They did, it ended with the Yama getting punched in the face
>>
>>15203958
I thought they finished it with the last episode where they hint at MoF with Sanae.

I dont get why they didnt just follow the order of the games.
>>
Soku was a mistake
>>
HD downloads of every episode never.
>>
Aaa I want my post-SA stories. Some Nue, Kogasa, Miko, Kokoro, Minamitsu, Seiga, Seija, Raiko, the Grassroots Youkai Network... I want them all
..so much fanservice...
>>
>Soku
Even Hisouten would be a better choice.
Youkai Jesus never.
>>
>>15204971
What exactly led you to believe that this thread is dedicated to discussing how much of a newfag you are? Are you just so used to social media that you think everything has to be about you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNynzv85cDo
>>
>>15204524
I mean, they come out on DVDs. Not very HD
>>
>>15203411
>HM
>The game that had a thousand different ways of crashing
>The game that had unstable framerates
>The game that came out incomplete
>Not the worst game the series
>>
>>15203958
I'm still mad they prioritized PoFV over IN, which would have been much more entertaining to see animated.
>>
File: 1409273754019.jpg (367 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1409273754019.jpg
367 KB, 1440x900
>>15203185
Music started with potantial and then just rolled away with no feeling.
This is way better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEcNu15_Nug
>>
>>15203185
>let's make 2 PV about IN but never deliver
>let's make a series of cute but not good SoL shit about 2 games at once and wrap it up with almost non-existent animation
>let's still not integrate seiyuu in our work, nor ask Pika to join the project and release the anime with her voice work
I'm the one who made the anime torrent a few months ago but this series died after the EoSD arc. Too bad, it was the only anime that tried to do something with the games.
That leaves Musou Kakyou and its awfully chuuni stuff with the spellcards (zero danmaku, attack naming, which is pretty ridiculous) and Hisou Club Activity with its awkward animation during action sequences (that said, it's the only bad point I have noticed). Not so awesome.
>>
>>15205804
This

>>15208723
The IN PVs were subpar at best. The second one had a fucking DBZ ending. Literally FUCKING DBZ

Everyone get auras and charge at each other. There is a reason it's not on their youtube page. It sucked!
>>
>>15208723
The fact that spell cards have names is already pretty chuuni, if you imagine the games happening in real life nobody would know what anyone's spell cards were called.
>>
>>15208730
Stuff can still be remade. I'm just saying that making PVs for a much awaited arc about one of the best (if not the best) games in the franchise and then come up with some OAV right after that is a very shit move.

>>15208740
I actually think that spellcards having names is more poetic than chuuni. Of course, that also depends on the name. But watch Youmu and Reisen's battle in 2.5 and dare tell me this shit isn't ridiculous as fuck.
>>
>>15208754
They'd have to rebuild that from scratch desu.

And really thinking IN was the best makes me wonder if you are trolling or not.
>>
>>15203185
Great - so they have caught up to the "MOONRAKER" of Touhou, best get it out of the way early I suppose!
>>
>>15208761
Rank them faggot.
IN is one of the best. I prefer StB but IN is still damn good.
>>
>>15208761
>>15209503
Are you guys talking storywise or gameplay?

Because this is a thread about the anime so the former is more relevant.
>>
Meanwhile I am still waiting for Summer's Dream
>>
>>15209571
Storywise. Also it's a mess trying to deal with FOUR sets of main characters for this. Unless you do MARSIA WINS LOL which I'm kind of tired of already.

>>15209353
If they just are being honest to Cirno's Route it's just Goliath Doll and that's reasonable It just looks weird because it's got a tarp over it.

Still why no Okuu Route in Hisou again?

>>15211643
But Summer's Dream is secondary tier shit. EBIN MAYMAYS like NEET Kaguya and other shit like that.

Let it rot.
>>
>>15211817
>EBIN MAYMAYS
I don't even remember that shit, meanwhile memories tries to tell a 'tragic' story of Flandre then resolves everything by blowing everyone up with a spirit bomb. Not going to point out how everytime Cirno has a scene they have 9's hidden around?
>>
>>15211817
>Summer's Dream is secondary tier shit
They all have secondary memes. At least Summer's Dream is relaxing and nails the atmosphere. I never understood why people give Summer's Dream so much shit, it's honestly the one I've enjoyed the most. Like it's a secondary creation to begin with, I don't expect characters to act 100% true to canon anyway.
>>
>>15213328
I've read that it had to do with the lack of respect of the characters' canon clothing and personalities, ad well as the use of actual pro seiyuu.
>>
>2 episodes total for PCB and placed first
>EoSD given proper arc
>go into POFV which is just SOL stuff
>IN, SA, MOF, hinted at but not properly adapted

Why didn't they just go in order? I like the EoSD episodes a lot but the others feel lacking and them jumping around with shit like the Moriya Shrine cast (shooting right into them apologizing for SA, and then later hinting they're going to cause MOF) is really weird
>>
>>15213507
It's common to 'not' go in order in adaptions; just take a look at Agatha Christie, James Bond and Sherlock Holmes. The screen adaptations of them go all over the shop and even leave whole novels out for decades (in some cases).
>>
>>15213507
2 episodes for PCB? I remember only one.
>>
Cant fucking wait. Havent been dissapointed by any of the episodes yet and the original Memories of Phantasm is one of my favorite things ever. This looks like it is going to be some great shit. I just hope they actually animate the Cirno vs Okuu fight since that was the most memorable part of Cirno's story mode.
>>
>>15203185
Is anything going on with that Summers Day anime?
Is that one ded?
>>
>>15213507
>>15213864
PCB - 1 episode
EoSD - 3 episodes
PoFV - 2 episodes
>>
>>15213328
Nails the atmosphere? It fucking goes nowhere. Has no soul and is pretty much deviantart tier trash for script.

>>15214214
Hopefully .
>>
What ever happened to that Chinese one about Maribel and Renko? Did it ever get voiced?
>>
>>15214381
Maybe? I know it actually came out.
>>
>>15214381
They were selling the thing at the Reitaisai. Perhaps I should have bought one copy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_DyGOtXKRo

Does anyone have links to the whole series? The videos are unlisted.

Also does anyone know anything about who actually makes all these Touhou fan anime (not just this series but in general)? Are they just amateurs or do some of them have professional experience?
>>
>>15214450
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKgdFr9KN4QXj398azgRWiF0xyx5JU37u
>>
>>15214521
Thanks.
>>
>>15214450
In the case of fantasy kaleidoscope there's definitely professional work involved, the others seem more amateur like
>>
>>15214374
>Nails the atmosphere? It fucking goes nowhere. Has no soul and is pretty much deviantart tier trash for script

Why are you talking about Fantasy Kaleidoscope? I thought we were talking about Musou Kakyou but your description pretty much fits Secondary Kaleidoscope perfectly?
>>
>>15213661
>It's common to 'not' go in order in adaptions; just take a look at Agatha Christie
I think the Poirot adaption was one of the greatest things of all time. David Suchet was the only Poirot for the entire adaption of the books, he was also a great actor who got really into his role.

There will never be a better adaption.
>>
>>15214817
Summer Day's Dream 2 looks very good, especially the OP. I'd be very surprised if there weren't any pros involved.

Incidentally, I wonder why they hired such high-end seiyuu. It's not really in the doujin spirit, it's expensive, and there are many capable seiyuu in the doujin scene.
>>
>>15214406
>>15214381
The one being sold at Reitaisai was the voiced version they already released the subbed version before, trailer for the voice version here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vAP3M7kPOw

Same circle also did a small ULiL short to celebrate the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Qkra6fbho

>>15214214
Still in production, though I think a short trailer was leaked sometime ago before being pulled.
http://musoukakyo.maikaze.com/#03

>>15206186
I do love those music videos, sometimes wish there were more, they sort of just died out after sometime. Only recent one I've seen was a PV for Shoujo Fractal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgf5nU3mLa4

CoLA if anything I feel would make a better anime material for maybe a slice of life style show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjdnR7ptOV0

Even Fantasy Kaleidoscope had that one really nice PV with the Fate of Sixty Years mix which later became the OP for the PoFV eps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLJxhZ2Dhag

And another mention for Sound Holic's PVD's whilst on the subject.
https://youtu.be/eqFpFHRnCYM
>>
Edited for my own sanity, so many "whimsical japanese words" flying around I'm forgetting the actual names of things I want to critique.

Don't really like Fantasy Kaleidoscope, feels more like blatant fanservice pandering and memery than the other one. Good for a fap and not much else. The reinterpretations are watered down like as >>15211972 points out. It feels like they tried to turn it into a generic shonen anime with tits, memes, and nude hot spring scenes. I also question what the purpose of going into detail on Flandres "tragedy" if they were just going to resolve everything in such a stupid and unfulfilling way. It's also not much of a tragedy if they use the fanon interpretation of Flandre where "FLAN IS CRAZY AND WILL KILL U FOR TEH LULZ" that the stupider deviantart/youtube "fans" like to constantly memevomit as if it were true (spoilers: it's not). The entire part of that episode felt like a bad comedy. Not to mention similar nonsense in other episodes where characters are getting defeated in a single attack.

I also see people bitching about professional voice actors being hired as an excuse to not like the other one. Turn off the voices then if it bothers you so much and judge it without. I'd also like to see examples of these memes in A Summers Day Dream as something other than quick background things, I know they had things like Wikipedia when scrolling past books in the background, but when you compare these things to Fantasy Kaleidoscopes entire existence of relying on these things as a part of their story telling it feels much more like a meme itself because they've made said memes a large part of their story that actually effects the outcomes of things.
>>
>>15205620

the first episode got a BD release
>>
File: reisen is a good girl.png (513 KB, 855x479) Image search: [Google]
reisen is a good girl.png
513 KB, 855x479
What was this one called again? Liked it a lot more than MoP.
>>
>>15217840
Summer Day's Dream

I have no idea where it is going
>>
You guys are throwing too much shit at Gensou Mangekyou. Flandre's story was resolved by Yin Yang bomb? If you had actually watched the damn thing, you'd know that Remilia reconciliated with Flandre the moment before and she then took part in the fight. It's just an attempt at giving a story. Too many memes? You forgot that these are doujin anime, made by fans for the fans. When the fans themselves are responsible for inventing stuff around the games, it's logical to find this stuff in other fanworks.
>b-but muh serious canon anime, stop with the stupid memes REEEEEE
While the anime isn't worth shit lately, it did a quite accurate portrayal of the characters and actually used danmaku compared to shounen style battles found in other stuff. But sure, the hot spring shit and the awful narration style made to spread the story over several episodes instead of doing 1 fully focused episode made the thing less interesting than it should have been.
>>
>>15216727
There's literally nothing more to EoSD other than memes and fanwanking, the game has no story whatsoever. In fact the main games only started to have a coherent storyline until very recently, any adaptation of the "older" games is destined to be fanservice.
>>
>>15206186
Why does this make me feel so nostalgic when I didn't even watch giant robo growing up?
>>
>>15211972
>>15216727
I thought it handled Flan's story quite well actually, in that she wasn't the super batshit crazy Flan who kills everyone on sight, but also that her being left alone in the basement wasn't the "Remi is a shit" interpretation and rather she just was trying to keep her secluded until her plan was done. Felt like they hit a decent middle ground with her and had her understand Remilia's intentions when they finally got to talk. Considering Flan is a popular character in a game with a rather basic story and this is ultimately a doujin work, I think it's a fine interpretation of her and her relationship with Remi and Marisa.

The danmaku fights were also pretty good for Patchouli, Sakuya, and Remilia, and it was a decent nod giving both Marisa and Reimu fights, and Patchouli's in particular felt like a good interpretation of danmaku with spellcards/bombs.

I do wish it was more focused on the event itself as if it was happening in real time and not some weird "post-SA narration of what happened", it isn't focused and loses track of the story when Yukari starts rambling, which then becomes more distorted when the next incident is POFV and then implied to be MOF.

But ultimately I enjoyed it.
>>
>>15217840
Still waiting for a third episode. The only thing good about this is the high tier VAs. Looking back, it did a huge jump in quality in 2 episodes, and that's obviously because of the huge gap between releases.

And of course, it should end in a huge gathering on classic 2hus. I say classic because they only covered 2hu's 6-8, mostly 8. The moon people had the spotlight. And Youmu.

Anyways, hope they cover the Moriyas.
>>
>>15216727
>blatant fanservice pandering
>pandering
>a doujin work is pandering
You should delete your post and really think long and hard about what you're saying here.
>>
>>15215549
It was only fitting that he became the only one to do all Poriot novels (after so many had failed to do so prior) and leave a 'definitive mark' on the role.
>>
>>15219783
I agree, pretty much. I liked how the PCB episode happened in real time and think EoSD could have benefitted in the same way. I think it would have been better with just two episodes though. It was dragged out too much for 3 and without the framing story stuff two would be plenty. PCB felt much more rushed in comparison but of course that was the first so it's understandable. Still, I really wish they cut EoSD down to two, then did IN before PoFV.
>>
>faggots complaining about memes in a doujin anime made by fans
yeah, can't wait to see the masterpieces you can pull out of your fucking asses
>>
>>15219266
>Why does this make me feel so nostalgic when I didn't even watch giant robo growing up?

I was born in 1982 and i grew up watching 70s and 80s anime in French. Grendizer,Mazinger Z and Voltron was the shit.
>>
File: yugiyamiv4.png (181 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
yugiyamiv4.png
181 KB, 320x240
So...how quickly after these are released do they usually get voice acting?

Because I'm more than willing to scrounge together some VAs the day it is released.
>>
>>15216609
>CoLA if anything I feel would make a better anime material for maybe a slice of life style show.
That would be so awesome.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.