[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhythm Games Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: 1441264908869.jpg (45 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
1441264908869.jpg
45 KB, 600x427
keyboardmania edition

Previous thread
>>15101810
>>
File: 1449457506207.jpg (49 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1449457506207.jpg
49 KB, 720x720
i have no idea how to even begin to start breaking this 10 wall
it took me 4 months to only get just to here, i'm certain i'll never git gud at this game, i will always be shit

this is truly suffering
>>
>>15157539
Hey at least you're not me

I started IIDX over a year ago on keyboard, got a controller 9 months ago and I'm just beginning to clear 9's, HC 7's, etc
>>
random is cheating
>>
>>15158593
what if you not when use then in before?
>>
>>15158615
英語はずるい.
>>
Stuck at 45/46s

I'll never clear anything past these two levels and it hurts
>>
>>15157539
Started playing IIDX in february and only now I'm starting to beat 11s.

And my score is usually pretty bad. Mostly B and rarely A. Just keep playing. 10s are mostly only fun to play and not a challenge anymore (with a few exceptions). You'll probably be the same as me in 2 weeks or 3.
>>
Is FP7 a meme controller or is it worth it?

And I can't make my own controller. Takes too long for shit to arrive on my country. I just want the highest quality thing at a reasonable price that'll last a while.
>>
BeaSt when
>>
So why did nobody ever get keyboardmania working on PC?

The only option is the PC version which is a 60 key clusterfuck while just being a glorified midi file player, you can boot up synthesia and get an identical experience for free.
>>
>>15159050
It boots in MAME https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BpFQi3taU
>>
>>15157539

Buckle up for the 11 wall. Almost every 11 I've tried I had the distinct impression that there was absolutely nothing I played prior that would prepare me for this.

If the 12s are to 11s what 11s are to 10s, I think I'm just going to give up.
>>
>>15160555
>If the 12s are to 11s what 11s are to 10s
They are but only worse. Quit now.

Alternatively, this might help.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tq9OLIC1yQWA2-Z8dHeKmvoakT1Tqva3lpjy_1pv6vo/pub#
>>
what happened to the kors k who made bad maniacs
and the led who made steel needle
and the taka who made fuchinkan candy
and yoshitaka in general
>>
>>15160555
>>15160574
You have got to be shitting me.

I was hoping 11 to 12 would be like 8 to 9 which feel the same.
>>
>>15161688
Yoshitaka only ever made 3 good songs: Vallis Neria, Seed and Elisha.
>>
>>15160574
I don't get it. What's this, some kind of list rating easiest to hardest of a certain level?

>11 Afro Knuckle

Probably the easiest level 11 out there. Also, it's a sweet song.
>>
>>15161958
you forgot flower
>>
>>15161688
>and the led who made mva
I believe this is what you are trying to say, friend
>>
>>15161944
If you ever get into the high level 11s, 11.8s and 11.9s, you'll see that most of them are typical 11s except for a few parts with ridiculous density. 12s as low as 12.3 are like an entire song full of that kind of density.

A quick look at statistik shows there are 24 level 12s rated below 12.3. So you're going to be banging your head against the same 24 songs until you can claw your way up to the point where you can attempt those 12.3s.

Oh, and the average level 12 difficulty is 12.7.
>>
>>15162172
Can you play those top tier songs and score decently? How long did it take? And how long did it take to start having good scores?
>>
>>15161989
The difficulties are on the right, and afro knuckle is unrated. Also afro knuckle is pretty sweet.
>>
>>15162462
The 11.9s? Some of them I've gotten an A on, but for some like waxing and wanding or perditus it's a crapshoot as to whether I can even clear them on a given day.

I only have 30 12s cleared, probably 6-7 of which I can't actually consistently clear.
>>
How do people play Reflec Beat on their Ipads?

By downloading the jap version with a jap account then switching back to their real accounts and buying the music there?
>>
>>15162669
by jailbreaking and using a crack to download all the music for free
>>
>>15162172

>A quick look at statistik

Explain. I've always wanted to see a ranking like this for the few 11s I've passed. There's one I basically whored and was finally able to pass and I want to see where it falls. I'm guessing 11.4.
>>
>>15162775
http://statistik.benhgreen.com/ratings?difficulty=11
>>
>>15162779
>tfw the hardest song I ever cleared is merely 11.4

Feels bad being casual.
>>
>>15162779

Yep, I was right on the dot. Chuuni Imouto Idol is an 11.4. Also, Miracle 5ympho X is a 10.9 and I'd swear up and down that song is way harder.

Also,

>10
>rated at 11.8

What an oversight.
>>
>>15162863
>Chuuni Imouto Idol

I think this song is kinda shit but it's pretty fun to play.

I'm whoring out 405nm but the ending always kills me.
>>
>>15161688
Taka is making the exact same shit today that he's always done
>>
>>15162669
>How do people play Reflec Beat on their Ipads?

Uh, by buying the app from the US app store, and then buying song packs in-game?

Although I notice it's been broken for months now, at startup it says it's downloading game data and then gets an error about no network connection, even when I have a network connection. Sucks. Still works on non-ipad devices though.
>>
>>15163757
As if we needed more proof Konami simply doesn't give a fuck about the rest of the world.
>>
>>15159023

Why would it be a meme controller?

they're fine
>>
why did brain power become a meme
>>
Is it true pop'n music is a game for babies?
>>
>>15164250
Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nkC4OSI2o
>>
>>15164250
>>15164263
The gigantic buttons make it look like fun as fuck to play.
>>
>>15164353
pop'n is the most fun rhythm game
and its really fucking hard, maybe not as hard as 2dix but its close.
>>
>>15163967
Because of Osu, really. It became popular in sound voltex and people in Japan made tons of jokes about it. People in America copied the meme but the US sound voltex community is insignificant so it didn't catch on. Someone loved the meme enough to make an osu chart, popular osu streamers starting playing the song nonstop and in true twitch fashion it spread like a virus.

This is really easy to see with IIDX. All of the IIDX Gold memes is practically untouched now. No one jokes about second heaven, Michael a la Mode, none of it. However I'm sure if someone made a joke in OSU we would be hearing 2 minute GOOOOOOLLLDD loops overlapping every couple seconds.
>>
>>15163967
forsen
>>
>tfw genuinely think Museca is really cool and personally prefer it to Sound Voltex but it seems like it's a red-headed stepchild
>>
>>15164990
I enjoyed Museca a lot but playing it completely ruins the timing in other games for me
>>
>>15164702
THREE TIMES ICE CREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
>>
>>15164990
I like it too. My only issue with it is the judgement line being skewed, which makes reading patterns more difficult.
Also the song list isn't great, similar to sdvx.
>>
>>15165430
There's still a million samples of this in a bunch of newer songs in both IIDX and SDVX.
>>
>>15161688
Kors K is too busy going to Ultra music festivals to make actually good music.
>>
>>15166113
Isn't there a mod to make the judgement line straight?
>>
>>15157513
Are there any rhythm games that play on pc, like osu or stepmania? Afaik sound voltext and IIDX need arcades machines right?
>>
>>15167785
Arcade machines are PCs.
>>
>>15167787
But they cost thousands of dollars and are nonexistent in the US
>>
>>15167795
The software still works on pretty much any pc though
>>
>>15167795
There's a few in the US.

If you try hard enough, and if you believe you can even build a PC just for rhythm gaming like IIDX.
>>
>>15167821
They're nowhere near bumfuck Indiana. Dont you need a special controller for IIDX? Ive really been wanting to branch out into other rhythm games but have no knowledge of them nor money to buy controllers as of yet;
>>
>>15167832
Plenty of BMS players use keyboard.

You can always try it out, and if you get super autistic and into it like the rest of us then you build a computer to play IIDX and a controller for it.

To answer your original question IIDX can be played on PC, along with its most common simulator, LR2.

SDVX can also be played on PC, along with its most common simulator, KSM.

Both can be played with nothing but a keyboard, but the best experience will require a controller, especially for SDVX.
>>
>>15167832
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gXnexg7qd7RcTDrHEOOTyS4Ioj5ZLsaU1qJacWIqRsU
This is a guide for setting up Lunatic Rave 2, which is a shitty IIDX simulator.
>>
>>15167942
>shitty simulator
Nah, the simulation is fine, but it's shitty software. If you so much as give it a mean look it'll crash. There aren't many other simulators available, and they're all either in beta or abandoned.
On that note, someone could probably write a competent BMS player with this:
>http://blog.ppy.sh/post/143727030323/demystifying-open-source-osu
>Can we use small portions of the code for our own projects?
>Yes! We have a pretty nice framework set up to create games. The licence will definitely allow use of our code in your own projects (just make sure to understand the licence chosen before doing so).
>>
>>15167942
LR2 is not intended to replace IIDX as a player.
>>15167998
Anyone competent doesn't need osu's code to write a bms player.
>>
>>15167942
Jesus 50 GB? Is that like the minimum space needed?
>>
>>15168217
Nah it's way less than that my entire LR2 folder minus songs and including HD skins is 2GB

It has like 50GB of IIDX song packs for some reason even though I have IIDX Omnimix on my computer anyway
>>
Newbie here, is there a guide or anything? I want to try IIDX but I don't know where to get it.
>>
>>15168402
literally 5th post above yours retard
>>
>>15168505
I think you meant to quote >>15168485
>>
>>15168485
Find an arcade near you. If there is none, then...
Try it out on keyboard (not recommended)
Or risk it and buy a controller and download Lunatic Rave 2.

If you have friends, then ask them.

You could always try the PS2 versions, but again, you need a controller for it.

The curse of playing music games.
>>
>>15168485
see >>15167942
for IIDX you can get a USKOC (us konami official controller) off of Ebay for ~$60, and you could get a modded PS2 and burn the Japanese IIDX home editions.
>>
>>15168509
Is that what people are using though? When anon called it "shitty" it didn't really look like it.
>>15168511
No arcade, so I'll try it out and see before buying one. I'll take it with a pinch of salt though, since it sounds like it isn't very good without a controller.
>>
>>15168524
It's fine enough for simulating actual gameplay, although the default timing is lax compared to AC IIDX and it likes to crash quite often if you have BGA and song preview enabled.

I think there's a script to change all the timings to AC equivalents, but I don't use LR2 that often.
>>
Anybody here tried to make Taiko controller by yourself? it's difficult to buy one in my country and import will be too expensive. I thought about making one on Arduino.
>>
god damn we really need a fucking pastebin or some shit
>>
>>15169502
Do it.
>>
>>15169502
>>15169568
I'd be willing to contribute towards one if somebody started it.
>>
>>15169612

I started working on one
If you're knowledgeable about games other than IIDX/sdvx (pop'n, ddr/itg, etc) it could help
>>
>>15169623
I play pop'n and ITG, I don't know what type of knowledge would be helpful, like I don't know what type of stuff I would put into a guide for this sort of thing.
>>
>>15169657

basically i'm organizing it by game, because i think that makes the most sense.
With each section saying the important information, maybe a general section that has some shit about sows and arcades idk

1. Beatmania IIDX
2. Sound Voltex
3. Dance Dance Revolution/In The Groove / Pump it Up
4. Pop'n Music
5. Jubeat and Reflec Beat
6. Other games
>>
How annoying/hard is to transition from keyboard to proper IIDX controller?

My keyboard setting is very comfortable and doesn't make me move my fingers around at all, which is not the case with the actual controller as far as I know since there are several styles for playing and positioning and stuff.
>>
>>15169717

What is your key layout and what level do you play at?

if it's some o2jam asd space jkl shit then it will be harder
>>
>>15169717
Scratching is completely different from hitting a button. Your reading ability obviously wont be affected and depending on your layout you won't have to adjust too much for songs with mostly just keys, but anything with any amount of scratching will have to be relearned as if you were starting over if my experience is anything to go by.
>>
>>15169727
>>15169732
>if it's some o2jam asd space jkl shit then it will be harder

It's totally that

A S E R Y U K L

Guess I'm gonna have a rough time. Or not, hopefully. I'll actually have to learn how to use my thumbs. My pinkes do a lot of work on their place
>>
>>15169753
>>15169727
And level 11 by the way. Forgot to say that.

Gonna be frustating having to play only sub 10 songs for a while.
>>
How in the literal fuck do people play IIDX in the arcade?

After playing AC data Pendual a few times, it feels like garbage. The whole framerate timing thing where the timing window is fluctuating all the time is unbelievably obvious. It's not just a tight window, it's a moving window.

Unless for some reason on my setup it it is exaggerated, this game is close to unplayable.

And now I'm not even sure if I want to go back to LR2 knowing the real thing is a nightmare.
>>
How are DOLCE and TATSU so gay.
>>
>>15169823
if your monitor check isn't static then you aren't getting AC timing
assuming monitor check is fine then timing issues only occur on songs with bpm that isn't a multiple of 60
>>
>>15169823
The frame based timing windows in all bemani games are garbage. It's an unfortunate truth that everyone has just gotten used to by getting good. You're always guaranteed at least one frame of "correct" timing. Beyond that, you have a random frame of early/late that fluctuates.

>>15169836
>songs with bpm that isn't a multiple of 60
That's not how it works. 100 BPM and 150 BPM are not multiples of 60.
>>
>>15169836

I forgot to mention the monitor check is rock solid at 59.9blah whatever. It's a CRT so that's to be expected.

>timing issues only occur on songs with bpm that isn't a multiple of 60

So basically all of them? Most songs fall between 130 and 180.

Unless you mean multiples and factors of 60.
>>
>>15169858
The "golden" BPMs usually cited as those at which 16th notes align to 60 FPS timing windows with no rounding error. This includes 30, 36, 45, 50, 60, 75, 90, 100, 150, 180, 225, 300, etc.

Depending on the game, multiples of two of these BPMs can be considered "golden" as well. For example, 16ths at 120 BPM or 200 BPM are not consistent, but 8ths are (since 16ths at 60 BPM and 100 BPM are), so a chart of 8ths at 120 BPM or 200 BPM in a game like DDR would have perfect timing. You'll notice that MFCs in DDR almost exclusively align to these BPMs, though I hear DDR A actually changed the timing in some way that I have not yet had the opportunity to analyze.

You can do extra math to find BPMs at which triplets (12ths) are perfect too, e.g. 100, 120, 150, and 200.
>>
>>15169931
ITG is infinitely better than DDR because it doesn't have this bullshit. Also I've heard that pop'n doesn't have framebased timing windows, is that true?
>>
>>15169670
would you mine posting what you already have done just so I can see what type of stuff you're looking for?
>>
>>15169978
I'm not sure but pop'n definitely feels easier to score well regarding accuracy.
>>
>>15169931
>>15169853
thanks for the explanation, i was aware of frame rounding but had a much more basic understanding of it
>>
>>15169978
>Also I've heard that pop'n doesn't have framebased timing windows, is that true?
I have not played enough pop'n to tell for sure. pop'n and DDR have the same property where they are displayed with correct "spacing" between the notes, despite DDR having frame aligned timing windows.

I believe older DDR games would actually have a jittery scroll rate in order to align notes to timing windows, but I haven't played enough newer DDR to know if that is still the case.

pop'n, on the other hand, has consistent spacing AND scroll rate, making it look much like LR2. Unfortunately, this does not necessarily mean that the frame rounding does not exist. I haven't played enough pop'n to tell. However, the COOL window is definitely larger than IIDX's PGREAT or DDR's Marvelous window (both 2 frames). If pop'n still does have frame rounding issues, they'd be less prominent simply due to the proportion between the size of the whole window and amount of jitter of the window being larger.
>>
>>15170010
probably because IIDXs timing window for a Pgreat is like 16ms early or late
>>
>>15161688
>steel needle
>not deep striker
>not outer limits
>not dominion
>>
What kind of displays do the latest IIDX cabs use? I know Bemani made the switch to HD a while back, but doesn't that mean there is input delay now that they are no longer using CRTs?
>>
>>15171294
>I know Bemani made the switch to HD a while back, but doesn't that mean there is input delay now that they are no longer using CRTs?
Yes. HD mode assumes that there is an extra frame of latency compared to the CRTs used with SD mode. There is even a newer, cheaper monitor that cabinets have now that use HD* mode, which assumes that there is an extra 2 frames compared to SD.

Pigsite has threads about the model numbers. I don't remember them offhand.
>>
>>15171321
Keep in mind that, even with the CRT monitor, there are 3 to 4 frames of latency introduced by the PC and software between the key press and the response on screen. I don't know why real AC is so shitty and laggy compared to CS. Even subpar home setups have less latency than real AC.
>>
>>15171330
Latency is a feature :^)
>>
Voltex makes the center of my palms hurt.
>>
>>15172217

And dance games make my feet hurt. Legends tell that the pain goes away when you finally get gud.
>>
>>15172217
Thumbs go on FX.
>>
>>15167787
I thought taiko arcades were playstations?
>>
>>15172323

I know, ring and pointer on BTs, thumbs on FXs. The way that makes my hands stretch hurts them after a while. I'm sure it'll go away in time.

Also, PSun is down. Everybody panic.
>>
>>15172341
It's always been down though. Ever since the C&D.
>>
>>15172341
Try index and middle fingers on BTs instead of ring finger?
>>
>>15167998
>I probably* won’t take legal action as long as you don’t use any of the osu! graphic resources or names
You bet he won't. Lawsuits would definitely embarrass him with all that huge infringing content on his servers.
>>
>>15172341
Do you have abnormally small hands?

That setup works just fine for me. Try hitting the buttons by tilting your hands rather than just moving individual fingers.
>>
>>15172360

I mean my AC data can't connect to PSun. Voltex is a nightmare now. I have to watch the tutorial every time.

Whenever I try to enter my ID I get something something demassen

>>15172407

No my hands are rather large and manly.
>>
>>15172522
That's because psun has been down for months

>large and manly
Unless your hands are then salad fingers freakishly long you shouldn't be having issues.

They're huge buttons that are relatively close to eachother that don't need that much actuation force.

Are you like trying to hit BT-C/BT-D with your left fingers but not actually moving your hand. I don't understand how you're having these issues.
>>
>>15172522
It seems like you can skip tutorial with start+ FX-L + FX-R
>>
>>15172574

>That's because psun has been down for months

I could enter my password just fine even yesterday. Unless the issue is on my side for some reason I don't know what's happening.

And I never said it was an issue or complained. Just noting that doing this new things with my hands was causing them slight pain. I'm sure it'll go away in time.
>>
>>15172522
Thank you for playing
>>
File: 1449560722846.jpg (72 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1449560722846.jpg
72 KB, 323x323
>>15172692
yeah rite bro
>>
>>15172754
What does it mean?
>>
>>15172805
It shows appreciation to the players for playing.
>>
>>15172805
https://youtu.be/AD6hV6XSgFo
>>
>>15172522
>tutorial

I mean you could just look at the bottom of the screen and notice that pressing START + FXL + FXR skips the tut.

I can't even read moon, but it was kind of obvious.
>>
>>15172831
>>15172834
Why?
>>
>>15173006
You don't thank people who play your games?

It's good manners.
>>
Has anyone with the precision dance pad made their own bar? I have one coming in in about 4 weeks and I want to have the bar set up so it's ready to go by the time it gets here and I can just start playing.

The bar they have on their website seems a bit flimsy. Anyone know what material would make a good, solid bar?
>>
>>15173089
Take a chair, turn it around, and put something heavy on the seat. Bar acquired.
>>
So I finally got into a rhythm game, and I have a creeping suspicion:

Groove Coaster 2 is basically the most put-down and pleb-tier game, isn't it?
>>
>>15173101
this
>>15173136
It's made by Taito, which means it's tangentially connected to ZUN
So it must be good
>>
>>15173136
It's actually more difficult as you go higher.

I think the most "pleb" game is probably Project Diva.
>>
>>15173101
>>15173150

I'm a bit tall for my chairs to be usable as bars.

Fucking RIP
>>
>>15173345
Project Diva is still ok.

>tap the general area on your keyboard
>lenient timing window because arcade games look too difficult
>self-proclaimed casual rhythm game
Now THIS is pleb-tier: http://store.steampowered.com/app/363650/
>>
>>15173448
How fucking tall are you, and how fucking short are your arms?
>>
>>15173448
Still, chairs are the easiest and cheapest solution to simulate a bar setup.
Go to ikea or something.
>>
>>15173136
i dunno about pleb-tier, but it's among the simpler games. It's easily the best looking game, though the flashy visuals sometimes impair ability to read the notes.

I've only played the original mobile versions, and the latency sucks thanks to my shitty tablet.
>>
how do i use my e amuse card?

i bought one and i dont really know what it does besides save my scores
>>
>>15173499
I got it for the Touhou arrange packs. Honestly, the amount of detail that we think into designing each "course" surprised me. Like in the level of Cirno's Perfect Math Class, where you fly through the PV, so to speak.
>>
>>15173461

6"3

The problem isn't my height, the problem is that the chairs I own have low backs, so I'd be doing a fucking quarter bridge with my back when I'm doing 15+ footers.

>>15173493

Is there a non-easiest / cheapest solution? I don't mind spending the cash for a nicer set up.

I also don't live remotely close to an ikea.
>>
>>15173448
Go to Home Depot, get some steel pipe of the correct size, some elbow pieces, and screw them together then throw some pipe flanges on the end, bolt them into the back of your pad.
>>
>>15173603
That's all it does, pretty much.

You can go to the eamuse website, make an account, and link it, but without paseli/a subscription there's really nothing you can do with it except transfer your scores in case you lose your current card.
>>
>>15173614
15+ itg or ddr scale?

Well it's not really about 'easiest or cheapest'
It's just the best way to do it. A chair is a perfect fit, it's well balanced and you can lean all of your weight on it with a straight back.
>>
>>15173603

>bought an eamuse card
>entered my name wrong on iidx

This still bothers me to this day
>>
>>15173657
Wait until 24, there's a chance to change your name when you scan for the first time.
>>
>>15169502
Make a Google docs first, for collaboration, and then import it to Pastebin
>>
>>15173605
I also got into it earlier this week. Was pretty happy to find there's was a touhou pack of just Butaotome
>>
Who's the girl in the Everlasting Last video that isn't Mayumi?
>>
>>15163967
how is it a meme
>>
furries play popn because they can play the game in their fursuits
>>
File: zero.jpg (628 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
zero.jpg
628 KB, 800x1200
Name a worse bemani character

You can't
>>
>>15174504
halka?
>>
god is dead this is proof
>>
So is CookieBouquets actually banned or not? Because he literally posted just 30 minutes ago.
>>
>>15175122
He' still showing as banned on the website, but it looks like he's been posting for about 2 days.

It is a mystery.
>>
>>15175122
>>15175158
it's a donation icon you retards
>>
>>15175196
Oh wow, I just noticed where it links to.

Whoops.
>>
>>15175122
>>15175158

Click on the banned sign next to his name and it will take you to the donor page. It's a simple name customization. No mystery.

If he was really banned it would take you to the rules page.
>>
how do i get copula or pendual on PC

i also want to get a iidx controller
>>
>>15175254
Cum on Mayumi and send it to Konami.
>>
>>15175254
>>15175305
alternately draw a picture of cindy and send it to people in IRC

about the controller just build one or order from DAO
>>
>>15175254
>>15175305

if your dick is cute send it to me instead
>>
>>15175196
>>15175230
Hey, Charliefromcali keeps getting unbanned, anything could have been the answer.
>>
How do I increase my knob fondling abilities?

Whenever left and right are doing shit independent of each other that's non-symmetrical, it fucks my brain entirely.

Shit like at the end of Bad Apple. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it. All I can do is pray I don't fuck it up beyond 70%.

Is it just something that comes with time?
>>
>>15175713
lower your read speed and play some easier knob heavy charts
>>
>>15175713
Try to look at just one laser and do the other through peripheral vision. And as the anon above said, lower your hispeed to make reading them easier.
>>
>tfw can't beat the level 11 wall

I know I said the same thing for level 8, 9 and 10 songs but this time I mean it. I conquered those levels but after weeks getting pounded by 11s all I can manage now is reach the 80% until the next super dense stream kills me.
>>
>>15175713
watch videos and twist your nipples as if they were the knobs.
>>
Are the AA/AAA images for copula online anywhere?
>>
>>15176661
I don't think there are any at all to begin with.
>>
File: pepe_suicide.jpg (19 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
pepe_suicide.jpg
19 KB, 600x630
>tfw started playing IIDX two months ago
>still can't beat any level 12 charts
Put me to rest. I don't want my handicap to dilute the gene pool.
>>
>>15176926

nice meme frogposter
>>
>>15176996
>frogposter
nice meme tertiary
>>
>>15177025
>>15176996

What if he's not merely shitposting?

What if he's telling the truth? That progress would be damn near unprecedented.
>>
>>15177297
Who said they can actually play 12s?

When I started IIDX I also couldn't pass any 12s after two months.
>>
>>15177829

Hmm, touche.

When someone says they can't pass X level songs, I always infer they can, however, pass X-1 level song though, but he never mentioned that.
>>
What's the point of no return for IIDX? That part where you must abandon your humanity and let the autism consume you so you can succeed?
>>
>>15178505
If you've ever touched a controller willingly then you've already passed that point.
>>
>Can't play the song that got me into IIDX on hyper, but normal is too baby easy
7 to 11 is a huge ass jump, I can barely pass 10s
>>
>>15178874
What song and just find other songs until you get good enough.

I really want to finish Vallis Neria Another but it's a high tier 11 so I have no chance (yet)
>>
>>15178874
I know this pain.
There's nothing worse than being beaten by somebody on your favorite song.
>>
How do you enter EX-Hard Class/Dan mode?
>>15178874
>Monopole.
>>
>>15176926
You tought this would be easy? I've been playing casually for a year and a half and I still can't clear any 11.
>>
>>15179720
I've played for almost a year and only have passed ~10 level 11 songs.
>>
What's /jp/'s opinion on Jubeat?

It's fun.
>>
>>15178874
i had tried iidx once in 2008 and once in 2010 but gave up both times
then late 2013 i stumbled upon proof of the existence and started digging and got into tricoro (and sows a year later)
felt so good when i passed proof [h] for the first time
>>
>>15179863
I pirated empress ps2 when it came out but didn't like playing it on the dualshock.

So I started again early this year and missed the glory days of psun.
>>
>>15179791
Garbage game.
Garbage timing.
Garbage scoring system.
Garbage song list.
>>
Does playing IIDX with headphones make your timing more accurate?
>>
>>15180205
It would if the audio in IIDX weren't so ridiculously delayed on AC.

Headphones are great if playing on CS or a low latency PC setup, though.
>>
>>15180225
Is the AC audio delay actually that bad? I've only ever played on CS, and what little delay there is is barely noticeable. I wonder if I'd get shit scores if I ever get to play AC (though i rarely get AAs on 6s anyways desu)
>>
>>15180349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVU9qEKdXNE
compare the key clacks to the music
>>
>>15180155
Jubeat has pretty decent scoring though.

It's a fun game, even if it's more casual.
>>
>>15179791
it's fun, but the earlier entries were kinda weak songwise, save for a spare bit of gold here and there. it really started picking up with saucer's gorillion crossovers, the big crossover event between fulfill and other non-BEMANI rhythm games, & prop having the best originals in the series to date
>>
>>15180349
It's very bad.

You'd probably get Cs or Ds in AC on those AAs.
>>
>>15180363
Compare this to the responsiveness of old 5 key.
https://youtu.be/XyPqwduaGxs?t=42s
>>
>>15180444
>>15180363
>>15180349
Will Konami ever give a fuck to make this game properly work? Note charts are challenging enough already without the bullshit.
>>
>>15180459
There's not really much they can do.

Aside from replacing all the monitors with low-latency high performance models (not going to happen) and optimizing PC's and I/O with low-latency solutions (also not happening) keysounds can't play until after you've hit the key anyway, which requires a delay.

The challenge of IIDX isn't hitting the notes on time, it's hitting them before you hear the sound, but consistently.
>>
File: kendama.jpg (24 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
kendama.jpg
24 KB, 600x518
Guys, guys, I hate to fill you all with despair but I have unfortunately found another game that makes IIDX look like Angry Birds.

This god damn fucking thing.
>>
>>15180579
epic post dude
>>
>>15180363
holy hell i thought that was just bad recording that caused the audible delay
>>
File: CJrWgoBVAAA--Bt.png (596 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CJrWgoBVAAA--Bt.png
596 KB, 600x450
>>15176745
>>
>>15180908
whoa!

Glad to be proven wrong.

Noice.
>>
>>15180908
>Those cute girls AAA songs while you barely reach A

Fuck.
>>
>>15180926
>>15180990
they were only in the loc test
>>
How to play those games and not fuck up your tendons?

Since I've started playing level 11 songs I've been getting a lot more tired than usual, so I just play 3 or 4 songs before taking a break. That makes it safe right?
>>
>>15181276
no ur fukd
>>
>>15181305
Well shit.

By the time I get to 12s I'll have to use my feet.
>>
>>15181276
warm hands, stretch before, during, after
>>
>>15181310
Become ITG player.
>>
File: `.jpg (184 KB, 1293x754) Image search: [Google]
`.jpg
184 KB, 1293x754
halfway there
>>
>>15180990
>reach A
>get some gay shit as result screens
fuck pendual
>>
>>15181645
That's your incentive to get AA.

Also, does Copula seriously not have AAA images? That's disappointing.
>>
So I'm looking at some gameplay from the newest Rock Band and jesus christ. I know those games never really reached the level of challenge of pretty much any bemani game, but there used to be some challenge. They tried,

It's casualized beyong belief now.
>>
I want to try out K-Shoot Mania with my reversed IIDX controller + 2 computer mouse, but the game won't let me because IIDX button 7 is recognized as a left direction input on the DAO FP7. Is there a way around this or I'm fucked?
>>
>>15181645
At least its not Spada

I deliberately played Tricoro instead of Spada because fuck the A result screen. Also you got qt grills if you got an A or AA. Tricoro was great.

Also, get good.
>>
>>15180529
>replacing all the monitors with low-latency high performance models (not going to happen)
While this is desirable, it's not as necessary these days since there is visual offset adjustment built into the game.

>and optimizing PC's and I/O with low-latency solutions (also not happening)
Why not. "Because they don't want to spend the money" is a valid answer, but there's a difference between saying what they can do and what they'd be willing to do.

>keysounds can't play until after you've hit the key anyway, which requires a delay
Sure, but it doesn't have to be fucking 50+ ms. Home setups and LR2 can have very low latency, for example. Heck, AC pop'n seems to have lower audio latency than AC IIDX, which leads me to believe it's not even strictly a hardware issue. Konmai is just bad at programming.
>>
>>15181883
Try Xpadder, or AutoHotKey if you can figure out the button names.
>>
>>15182023
>Also you got qt grills if you got an A or AA. Tricoro was great.
Well I know what I'm grabbing next FL. Maybe that'll motivate me to learn 2dix.
>>
File: 1460858625472.png (890 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460858625472.png
890 KB, 1280x720
>>15182367

With LR2 i just imported my own a,aa, and aaa result images, which got progressively lewder.

What better motivation to git gud than cute sleeping lolis
>>
what do you guys think of PMS?
>>
>>15183004
Makes women more unbearable than they already are.
>>
>>15183004

always a decent item pickup if you're playing an agi melee hero
>>
>>15181645
At least you can swap them out.
>>
>>15183004
i've never even seen any that weren't just ac song rips
>>
>>15181276
Warm ups, one of the most common thing that a lot of musicians don't do but they really should. It's one of those things they hound on you about in school, while rhythm games aren't ACTUALLY instruments the same concept apply (especially since people are unnaturally tense while playing games [from stressful situation like being +1 of your goal and it's the last 15 measures of the song]).

Look up wrist stretches and do them before playing.
When you do begin to play make sure to warm up on some easier songs, choose your favorite song and go for score.
Even after that if you're doing weird shit with your hand it's gonna hurt, make sure you're doing proper hand positions.

(If you're a wrist scratcher, wrist pains is common. Even if you're not but you move your wrist to hit buttons instead of moving your arm, wrist pains can also be common).

tl;dr:
Warmup and play correctly.
>>
>>15183115
>15183115
>>15183148
Keep up the good work
>>
>>15184240
>When you do begin to play make sure to warm up on some easier songs

This has been my mistake lately. i'm too eager to improve so I'm jumping straight to the stuff I can't beat but feel like I'm getting closer each time.

I almost don't play level 10 songs I enjoy anymore and that are super easy, like Mermaid Girl
>>
How come TAG and super star mitsuru are the same person if most TAG songs are good while most SSM songs are bad?
>>
>>15184849
>while most SSM songs are bad
Wrong.
>>
>>15184849
>most TAG songs are good while most SSM songs are bad
This is the most objectively backwards an opinion can get
>>
File: SABER WING.webm (1 MB, 1280x648) Image search: [Google]
SABER WING.webm
1 MB, 1280x648
>>15184849
Yeah no.
>>
>>15185188
>Going fast then slow all of a sudden

Hate stuff like that.
>>
Does anyone know a high level player that plays P1 side and uses their ring finger for 1 and their thumb for 3? that has gameplay videos
>>
>>15162669
Why would you buy anything?

Just download the app on the JP store, use FLEX2 to mark all packs as purchased, done. You can do the same for Jubeat as well. There's not even a need to use cracked IPAs anymore.
>>
>>15185534
I think this is a pretty good example of what you're describing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5717CVBL_c
>>
>>15185543
So I can fuck Konami without even needing to jailbreak my Ipad? That's good to know.
>>
>>15185572
You need to be Jailbroken to use FLEX2. (Cydia App).

Why in 2016 anyone own an ipad non jailbroken?
>>
>>15185188
>SOFLAN WING
How long till Bemani puts a BPM sign like in Daigasso! ?
What's the point of having the slickest interface if you're not going to make it readable
>>
>>15183571
oh? well lots of original PMS songs and charts exist!
>>
>>15185601
Ipad is not mine, so I can't do anything. And my Ipod is too tiny to play the games comfortably.
>>
>>15185188
I hate this fucking chart, this is so stupid. A shame, I like the music but I never play it because I hate the bpm changes.
>>
>Playing on the right side

Can't believe some of you do that.
>>
>>15185966
Playing on the right is way more comfortable because of the way i position my fingers
>>
What's your green number?

On my monitor anything belo 450 starts getting way too fast so I usually set at 470..480

On my brother's monitor I can play at 340 just fine. I guess there must be some different in frame rate or monitor check or whatever.
>>
>>15186412
400 white
300 green on the arcade's 37" monitor
290 green on my 32" tv
>>
>>15186412
295GN, 1WN, playing on a 17.3" monitor aka my laptop at a distance of about 20 inches

If it's "too fast" it might be because:

Your monitor is a shitty monitor and blurring/ghosting the images

You may be sitting closer/the monitor might be bigger so the angular rate of change of the notes relative to your eyeballs is much faster, despite them staying on screen for the same amount of time

It's not because of framerate, as GN accounts for frame rate and is calculated as (# of frames on screen at 60fps * 10) if I remember correctly

Correct me if I'm wrong. It's probably the second of the reasons I've posted here.
>>
>>15186412
475 (originally 500)

I haven't really experimented much since I began (which honestly isn't that long ago)
>>
>>15186503
My monitor is way bigger than my brother's. It might be that.
>>
>>15186535
That's likely the issue then, sit further back or something, or just use lift/sudden to shrink the viewport and keep your GN constant at 340 if that's what you're comfortable with.
>>
>tfw SDVX refuses to work on my pc

Can get Pendual and Lapistoria to run just fine. Pretty weird.
>>
How's osu for taiko?
>>
>>15186412

305 GN, 50 WN currently, i'm always experimenting

I used to have a higher white number because i saw other people doing it but I don't know how people can play when the notes are so slow and dense
>>
>>15186727
Probably because the AC monitor is relatively huge so the notes are actually more spaced out in real life then they appear on your computer monitor when watching videos of said gameplay
>>
copula has too many songs with chrono diver nornir drums
>>
>>15186412

No idea what this shit even means. I know it's related to Hi-Speed and scroll rate.
>>
>>15187366
>GN accounts for frame rate and is calculated as (# of frames on screen at 60fps * 10) if I remember correctly

It's basically a measure of how long your notes stay on the screen, which is basically (GN)/600 seconds.

WN is a measure of lane cover, measured in a percentage from 0-1000. This is used to shrink the size of the lane while keeping GN constant, which is convenient if notes are moving too fast but you like how many there are on screen at a time.
>>
this is probably a stupid question, but what are some certified ways to improve accuracy?

maybe i should just sink a few hundred plays into GAMBOL
>>
>>15187426
Stop playing by ear.

Play with headphones/sound off, and if you're getting more early/late than how you normally play, then you need to reevaluate your style of playing.
>>
>>15187434
>>15187434
fun fact: osu players tell people to the complete opposite.
>>
>>15187457
Yes, but Osu isn't keysounded with 50ms of delay between hitting keys and receiving hitsounds.

If you play IIDX by ear you will end up with something like 500 SLOW on beat heavy songs like GOLD RUSH while you're "on time" for Osamu Kubota stuff.
>>
>>15187434

This makes me sad.

At this point it's not even a rhythm game if this is a possible way to play.
>>
>>15187518
Nah, it's just to test if your visual timing corresponds with your "ear" timing.

Change your offset/style of play so that playing without sound gives you the same early/late result as playing with it.
>>
>>15187457
>the way to play a rhythm game correctly is to not follow the rhythm
wew lad
>>
>>15187530

There were challenges on DDR Ultramix where you were given a section of a song and had to get like 80% Goods.

I guess IIDX is a little like this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.