[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, the on-going Chinese Touhou anime named "The Sealed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: SEH.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SEH.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
So, the on-going Chinese Touhou anime named "The Sealed Esoteric History" created by the circle "Kyoto Fantasy Troupe" is due to get voice-acting starting next Reitaisai. Here's the video with the names of the seiyuu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgLgKmcXZg

Thoughts? I personally dislike most of the voices used, except Yukari's and Reimu's.
>>
>>15025045
Just a touch of the Fate/ Stay Imperishible Night about the Lunar action on cursory viewing.
>>
I'm surprised no one is talking about this, the voice actors they got are pretty high class.
How the fuck do they have the money for them?
>>
>>15025085
Probably did the same thing like Gamerz and the project is actually funded by some company looking to get some attention to itself. Hell, it may even be a young studio trying to make a name for itself.
>>
>>15025147
>>15025085
There's a trend (if you can call it that) going on in China with the sons of very wealthy company owners just throwing money at massively expensive pet projects like e-sport teams and film productions and stuff. The studio behind this is probably funded in some similar fashion.
>>
File: CfH-cM0UYAATwpm.jpg (29 KB, 381x381) Image search: [Google]
CfH-cM0UYAATwpm.jpg
29 KB, 381x381
>>15025160
Well, cheers to those spoiled brats then. The world can use more obscenely rich people funding entertainment.
>>
File: CdwgdeiUYAEo3gs.jpg (44 KB, 497x600) Image search: [Google]
CdwgdeiUYAEo3gs.jpg
44 KB, 497x600
>>15025167
You know, if I had the massive money for it, I would be funding my own anime of series I like or paying authors to finish/give a proper ending to canceled ones.

Or animate long forgotten eroge.
>>
>>15025045
Eyes are too big imo, given it was Chinese I was worried it would be Chinese voice acting. Chinese sounds horrible.

>>15025147
I dont see an issue with them trying to use touhou to make a name for themselves. It's already popular, so people will actually check their work, not dismiss it outright.

>>15025160
Probably not for much longer with the issues with the Chinese economy a while back.
These remind me of the kids of Saudi oil barons, fuck those guys.
>>15025167
I prefer to hear about rich people giving money to a charity that isnt Africa related. Africa is just a huge fucking sponge, it was always a shithole, and will always be a shithole.

If we ignored Africa and spent that money elsewhere, the world could have solved so many other problems.
Back to China, my favourite story was a self made billionaire using his money to help treat the poor Chinese with cataracts, help rebuild after an earthquake and give scholarships to Chinese people. He is leaving his family with nothing, didnt care what they thought, and they only found out after he announced it at a press conference.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinese-billionaire-gives-away-entire-3821519
>>
>>15025549
>Africa
Most charities have a degree of graft siphoning off dollars. Even those that help Americans, since finance laws don't force charities to report too much in the way of how donations are being spent.

Meaning you could donate to some charity that helps unemployed Americans and more of your donation, per dollar, will go to salaries and fundraising than if you chose a charity that spends most of its money giving foods to African skeletons.
>>
>>15025610
That's so damn depressing. Like the time I heard about how much they pay the guy who runs the Red Cross.
>>
>>15025686
In 2010, top executive compensation looked like this:

Executive director Gail McGovern made $561,210
EVP for biomedical services James Hrouda made $621,779
Biomedical services president Shaun Gilmore made $573,933
>>
>>15025610
I know, which is why I dont give money to certain charities. Like cancer research. What I hate about that charity, is all the badges, and events they waste money on, instead of it just going to scientists. It's just a huge waste, and due to the badges and events, it's less about people supporting the cause, and more about people donating to look good wearing a badge, wristband or whatever. Thats not fucking charity, it's people paying others to improve their image, like PR. Then the charities become more businesslike and you start to think they dont actually want to be productive, because if cancer was cured, they would all have to find jobs.

I donated to the Red Cross after the Nepal earthquake. I like Nepal, I havent been there but the country looks nice, and they have been good to my country (UK) as thats where Gurkha's come from. They are the country I wish we would help most, increase aid money to them by not giving it to anyone else.

>>15025686
>>15025693
It's depressing as fuck, but you dont really have many alternatives. It's kinda sad how people ave managed to ruin a noble charity.
Is the red cross tied to the red crescent, or whatever the Jewish one is? I cant say I like the other two, mainly becuase of how petty and butthurt they seem to have issues with the cross symbol. It's not even a religious context.
>>
>>15025045
Excellent. I really liked the first episode, because the creators clearly know their stuff and it's not a secondary memefest like some other series; the only negative for me was that horribly disconcerting lack of voice.

These particular voices may not be the best fit, but it's still a huge improvement, and enough to make this series solidly high-tier.
>>
Looks neat
>>
>>15025549
>Probably not for much longer with the issues with the Chinese economy a while back.
They don't have any huge issues. Don't believe everything the Western media tells you.
>>
>>15025045
Kikio Inouie and Yukari seem to fit like a glove - to my ears.
>>
I saw a lot of men in the trailer.
Men and Touhou does not compute.
>>
File: 40055816_p0.jpg (1 MB, 1276x744) Image search: [Google]
40055816_p0.jpg
1 MB, 1276x744
>>15025045
Looks pretty impressive. I like some of the voices, but Renko and Reimu are quite far off from what I imagined. Also Suika's voice would be great if it didn't feel so strained.

The story of the war itself has been told many times, but I think most of what I've read hails from the Earth's side rather than focusing on the armies of the moon. It'll be interesting to take a look at the other side.
>>
In case you didn't know, the first episode has already been released, albeit without the voices.

I integrated it inside the compilation on Nyaa.
>>
>>15029177
There are a lot of men (mob) characters in the manga and fighting games.
>>
>>15029345
It's almost as though half the people in Gensoukyou, and on the moon, are male. >>15029177 is just a retarded secondary.
>>
>>15029345
>>15029351
Yeah it's not like 99% of them are just minor background characters or so.
How many men have you seen in the mainline game?
>>
>>15029177
here i found an accurate, non-secondary depiction of gensokyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM
>>
File: no.png (67 KB, 193x220) Image search: [Google]
no.png
67 KB, 193x220
>>15025045
Disgusting. Absolutely not like.
>>
>>15029431
Please actually read some of ZUN's comments before trying to discuss this matter.
>>
>>15030321
Well, to be fair, ZUN once made a comment saying that he didn't wish to introduce boys in Touhou because he thought that they would disturb the balance of the games.
>>
>>15030321
>>15030321
See this >>15032652, unless you can show me another comment from Zun saying how he loves to have males in his games/works you're the one in denial here anon.
Truth is Touhou would not the same with guys in it, there's a reason why you NEVER see any men at ALL in the mainline games and 99% of the men in the mangas and such are just background characters.
But sure, I guess you'd like to see a generic anime protagonist in a touhou anime right?
There's plenty of anime/mangas with harems and such, please watch/read those instead and don't try to turn Touhou into something it's not.
>>
>>15029177
>Men and Touhou does not compute.
Every cosplay I ever see of a Touhou character is always some bearded guy wearing sunglasses.
>>
>>15032679
>99% of the men in the mangas and such are just background characters.
CoLA has a male lead and the OP project is basically telling the story of far past anyway, it's not set in the modern danmaku era where everything is elegant girls and tea.

>But sure, I guess you'd like to see a generic anime protagonist in a touhou anime right?
Where the fuck did "generic anime protagonist" come from? Are all males generic characters now? Have you never watched anything with a male in it that wasn't harem garbage?
>>
>Reimu is Asami Imai
>Marisa is Kana Asumi
These are two of my favorite seiyuus, yet I don't know how I feel about them voicing Reimu and Marisa.
>>
>>15032922
Being a high-class seiyuu isn't everything, the important part is how the voice suits the character.

A very pertinent example would be the comparison between the Marisa of Musou Kakyou and Gensou Mangekyou series. Pika is an amateur seiyuu but her impersonation of Marisa is probably the most diligent and truest to the character to date, moreso than Miyuki Sawashiro's take on the girl in Musou Kakyou.
>>
>>15032679
>But sure, I guess you'd like to see a generic anime protagonist in a touhou anime right?
>There's plenty of anime/mangas with harems and such, please watch/read those instead and don't try to turn Touhou into something it's not.
This, seen so much fangarbage that tries to do exactly that and it's just wrong. I'm not even a yuri-shitter.
If you're doing a touhou story and the touhous aren't the main focus you're doing something wrong.
>>
Which touhou would be the best match for Kobayashi Yuu?
>>
>>15033062
going out on a limb here by suggesting this one.
>>
>>15033062
She already voiced Ran in Touhouvania.
>>
File: junku.jpg (556 KB, 838x1032) Image search: [Google]
junku.jpg
556 KB, 838x1032
>>15029177
>Men and Touhou does not compute.
>Rinnosuke Morichika
>Marisa's Father
>Youki Konpaku
>Count Prismriver
>Mokou's father
>The guy she killed
>Lord Tsukuyomi
>Moonbitches husbands
>Junko's son
>Chang'e's husband
>Tenshi's father
>Myouren Hijiri
>Seiga's father
>Issun-Boushi
>Bishamoten
And courtesy of FS:
>Kosuzu's grandpa
>Fortuneteller
>Snake youkai
>Saint Yuuten
>Human faced dog
>Shotas playing kokkuri
>The new guy that turned into youkai and reimu killed
Maybe you should update your computer to non-secondary then. Men never get focus but they appear all the time in side stories. If you were to make an anime about Kaguya/Mokou, Byakuren/Shou or Seiga/Miko backstories it would be filled with males.

>>15032679
>there's a reason why you NEVER see any men at ALL in the mainline games
Literally Unzan, 1 main game, 3 spin-offs.

Ahh, the cat is out of the bag. You are one of those stupid moepigs that latched onto touhou because no filthy males defilling your cute girls or eroding your confidence right? While knowing nothing about the setting or its influences and thinking Gensokyo is a yuri paradise right? Pathetic.
>There's plenty of anime/mangas with harems and such, please watch/read those instead and don't try to turn Touhou into something it's not.
Follow your own advice. Plenty of cute girls doing cute things with no males to trigger you. Male exist in touhou because ZUN wants it. The truth is your favorite touhou has interacted with a male at least once in her lifetime, the slut. And some of them have canonically taken the dick. Remilia and Flan also probably get dicked by the hobgoblins while Futo and Miko please the old taoists in senkai for power ups. You sholud burn your touhou merchandise, send ZUN death threats for betraying you and move to a better series more suited for you, like love live or something.

>>15033062
I think she would fit Junko or maybe someone more hot-blooded like Yuugi or Meiling. She's the best when she gets to scream a lot.
>>
>>15035126
that list would make for an 'interesting' gaiden game somehow
>>
Didn't you read what I wrote?
Let me write it again > 99% of the men in the mangas and such are just background characters.

All which is exactly what you listed not counting Rinnosuke which is the 1%.

Don't try so hard only while only proving my point.

And why didn't you answer this >>15032652? Zun himself(if you didn't know the sole creator of Touhou) said himself that males DOES NOT FIT the setting which is why there's only cute girls.
But I guess you know more than Zun with your list of background male characters that influences the story so much.
>>
>>15032947
I disagree. Miyuki Sawashiro sounded much more lifelike.
>>
>>15035126
See >>15035531

Nobody said there aren't males, and pretty much that entire greentexted list is irrelevant anyways except for Rinnosuke and maybe the guy Reimu killed.
Sure, they were relevant in the respective characters' backgrounds, but that's all they are, background characters.

>Remilia and Flan also probably get dicked by the hobgoblins while Futo and Miko please the old taoists in senkai for power ups

I literally cringed.
>>
>>15035126
>She's the best when she gets to scream a lot
So much this.
>>
>>15025045
Is Meribel voiced by Hana Kanazawa?
>>
>>15037613
*Kana Hanazawa
>>
File: seiran3.jpg (542 KB, 2031x1849) Image search: [Google]
seiran3.jpg
542 KB, 2031x1849
>>15035531
>> 99% of the men in the mangas and such are just background characters.
And I agree. I said so myself they never get focus. They serve as satellite characters while the girls get the focus. But they do influence the story, you're wrong about that. Without Myouren, UFO doesn't happen, without Houyi LoLK doesn't happen. Fortune teller and Snake youkai were the antagonists of the stories of the chapters in which they appear.

>Zun himself(if you didn't know the sole creator of Touhou) said himself that males DOES NOT FIT the setting which is why there's only cute girls.
Yes I'm sure that's why they've been appearing more regularly since FS started right? He keeps putting males in FS because they DO NOT fit the setting, makes sense. All those guys could have been female if ZUN wanted (kosuzu's grandma for example), but he wrote them as males instead.

But aren't you missing the point anyway? Males don't fit because games are danmaku, and boys don't play it. But everything outside the games is usually not danmaku, like this fan anime.

>>15035738
>but that's all they are, background characters.
Just like the two guys in the trailer then, since this is supposed to be a backstory to the events of the main games.

>I literally cringed.
Yeah sorry, I should know purityfags have delicate sensibilties, I'll be careful next time.

>>15037651
Sounds like her.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.