[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been playing Yakzua 5 and there's a segment where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: kiryu.png (976 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kiryu.png
976 KB, 1280x720
I've been playing Yakzua 5 and there's a segment where you play as an up-and-coming pop idol. I don't know much about idols, but I always kind of assumed they had the same type of fanbase as pop singers in America. Are they actually similar or are idols more of an otaku thing?
>>
More of an otaku thing.

Sure that pop singers can have older guys lusting for them and buying their merchandise, but it's not that big of their revenue share, while in Japan it is quite sizeable, or at least it is more apparent.
>>
>>14988838
>while in Japan it is quite sizeable, or at least it is more apparent.

If you are part of the small popular %, otherwise you'll just be a nobody till you get too old to be usable anymore.
>>
>>14988849

Well, it's the same as anywhere.
Although I think that otaku are the ones looking for or at least more receptive to newer and obscure idols more than small kids.
>>
>>14988721
it's more like boybands. genderswap the performers and the audience and it's almost an exact match.

maybe add a little of the pro-wrestling style kayfabe. Idols don't shit, etc.
>>
>>14988721
how come you play as an idol in a game about thugs and such?
>>
It's different because otaku are able to follow idols through every point of their career and see them go from singing to an almost empty crowd at a mall to on a massive stage in a stadium
>>
>>14993197

Not OP but there's a section of the game where you play as Kiryu's adopted daughter Haruka, who wants to be an idol singer. It's kind of a wierd plot line but whatever, YUME.

really this section is there because her manager is murdered, and she teams up with Akiyama from 4 to find out why she was killed.
>>
>>14993349
well, makes sense.
>>
>>14993349
This kind of gives you an idea of what the game is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__zGnZtL53Q
>>
>>14993586
yes it do
>>
Haruka's arc was one the boring thing I've every played.

And the constant "yume" spouting got annoying as well.
>>
>>14993813
Thanks for the spoilers faggot. I was just about to start Yakuza 3.
>>
>>14994530

Not him but in his defense, 3 is like the worst game by a huge margin and if spoiled or not, the plot twists will piss you off because they're THAT stupid. Dead Souls has a better story. But then the actual story of DS isn't bad at all, it's just hampered by godawful gameplay and terrible framerate issues.

>>14988992
>it's more like boybands

I don't know why I've never made that connection before
>>
>>14993813
>the fishing minigame is harder than every boss in the game combined
The sad part is that's true.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.