[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /jp/ tradition when using sage? It's been too long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 4chan mon 1.jpg (507 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
4chan mon 1.jpg
507 KB, 1632x1224
What is /jp/ tradition when using sage? It's been too long since visible sage was killed and I forget which was the most prevalent usage.

My understanding, as of now, is that it is considered polite to not bump a thread in the following circumstances:
- When a reply does not contain much substance, such as replying "okay" or "no" to a post
- When conversation has gone way off topic, typically in the context of a one-on-one conversation or a small handful of posters
- Corrections or clarifications you make to your own posts

Please help me keep /jp/ heritage alive. remember, /jp/ is the only board on 4chan where sage usage is still widespread!
>>
You use sage however you want. There's no "polite" sage. You don't want to bump a thread for whatever reason? Then use sage.

This retarded notion of polite sage came from subhuman waboos completely mixing and misunderstanding how and why "blue names" were used on futaba and 2ch.
>>
>>14955621
rude
>>
>>14955598
You have the gist of it, >>14955621 doesn't know what they are talking about.
>>
There is no such thing as a polite or impolite sage, just use it if you don't want to bump a thread and don't use it if you do.
>>
>>14955598
Pretty much. Usually I find myself doing it for the latter two reasons. It doesn't matter much though, especially now that sages haven't been visible for hella days now.
>>
Sage.
>>
suicide your self
>>
Sage by default, take it off if you're actively contributing and the thread isn't already near the top.
>>
I enjoyed the visible sage and wished it came back. moot's reasoning for getting rid of it was pure bullshit (probably because he hates /jp/)
>>
Sage every post, it's the only way to bring back the glory days of /jp/.
>>
>>14955598
I also use sage between the first and last posts of a dump, be it with images or not, if the thread is already populated.
and outside other boards
>>
>>14955598
Fuck your faggot arse mannerisms, saged, bitch.
>>
>>14955598

sage is pronounced saw gay in japanese (said reading your psots)
>>
>>14955598
I only bump if I feel like my post needs to be seen by the whole board. So it's almost always sage.
>>
I sage every post. /jp/ is slow so constantly bumping a thread just puts things out of order. It's also nice maintaining discussions away from the kind of people who only look at the first two pages.
>>
I sage every post
Too bad the monster girl general posters can't do the same
>>
>>14955598
>/jp/ is the only board on 4chan where sage usage is still widespread!
How do you know that?
>>14955621
>"blue names" were used on futaba and 2ch.
What do you mean by that?
>>
I always use the catalog, so sage isn't that important of a thing for myself.
>>
It doesn't matter if you use sage or not because of the shitters that are always bumping their stupid general threads.
>>
>>14970341
Fuck you and sage.
>>
>>14969390
>How do you know that?
Someone did a survey.
>>
i saged ur mom last night kid >:P
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.