[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im trying to read the Toaru Majatsu no Index LNs but the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (30 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
30 KB, 250x352
Im trying to read the Toaru Majatsu no Index LNs but the only translation I can find is shit, anyone know any good ones?
>>
learn japanese, you won't regret it
>>
>>14928870
Id like to, but its not exactly something I can do very fast and I want to read soon.
>>
>>14928873
then either waste your time reading a shitty translation or find something else to read
>>
>>14928882
Why even respond at all? I'm asking a question to see if there is a better translation, and if you don't have an answer just dont reply...
>>
>>14928860
how do you know that the translation is shit if you can't read enough japanese to not need the translation
>>
>>14928913
Quality of prose or grammatical errors has much more to do with the translator than the original work.
>>
>>14928913
Because its not hard to tell if the translation is bad while reading it, the grammar is really off and reads like it was google translated.
>>
>>14928860
The translation for the first few novels is pretty bad, but the translator changes and the prose gets better later on.

Yen Press has retranslated the early novels. I don't know if they're any good. Or online, for that matter.
>>
>>14928926
grammatical errors don't necessarily mean the translation is wrong, and i don't think bland prose is out of the ordinary for a light novel (i haven't ever read the index books though)
anyway, even if something is blatantly machine translated, once it's out there, it's really unlikely that anyone will ever bother to do it properly.
>>
>>14928937
I never said it was wrong, I said it was shit. 2 people can translate the same thing and they both mean the same thing, with one can be written well and the other could be written badly.

>>14928933
I guess I'll just keep reading, or see if I can find the official ones.
>>
>>14928937
The two correlate highly, though, so that grammatical errors can be used as an indicator for poor translation quality. Also, grammatical errors alone are quite enough to make a translation unpalatable.
>>
>>14928860
It's a shit series so don't waste your time reading it. Everything about it is poor.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.