[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to hit Chiyuri!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13
File: chiyuri.jpg (313 KB, 850x1640) Image search: [Google]
chiyuri.jpg
313 KB, 850x1640
I want to hit Chiyuri!
>>
>>14839417
Who the hell is Chiyuri?
>>
File: yumemi.png (355 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
yumemi.png
355 KB, 750x900
me too
>>
>>14839428
PC98 komachi from the future outside world
>>
Is this what I think it is?

pc98 thread?
>>
File: mimiandruukoto.jpg (88 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
mimiandruukoto.jpg
88 KB, 600x550
>>14839450
it could be

too bad nobody cares anymore
>>
I overall liked the PC98 games, some even more than a couple Windows games.

A lot of them seem easier though, I 1cc'd LLS on my second try, and PoDD the first time I played Kotohime.
>>
File: Science.jpg (148 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
Science.jpg
148 KB, 500x709
cute professor
>>
File: Elly.full.131700.jpg (66 KB, 661x891) Image search: [Google]
Elly.full.131700.jpg
66 KB, 661x891
I'm looking for my friend Yuuka. Have you seen her? She just left one day...
>>
What do you guys think about the pc98 games compared to the windows games?
>>
Meira a shit.
>>
File: Orange.(Touhou).full.131694.jpg (168 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Orange.(Touhou).full.131694.jpg
168 KB, 640x640
the cutest 98
>>
>>14839856
The cutest.
>>
>>14842995
The cutest shit.
>>
>>14842955
They're ugly and hurt my eyes when I try to play them.

MoF has the same effect on me, most of all Nitori.
>>
>>14843399
too bad when reimu beats her she actually fucking dies
>>
>>14845833
what if is reimu big sis?
>>
File: 1382367051384.jpg (45 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1382367051384.jpg
45 KB, 500x495
>>14848459
s-shut up
>>
LLS > PoDD > MS > HRtP > SoEW
>>
This is like, such a breath of fresh air.
I'm so used to seeing Windows 2hu's getting /jp/'d, but now finally, there is room for Chiyuri, i love the PC-98 games, i wish people would pay more attention to them.
>>
>>14853867
It's such a shame so few people bother to play them. They're all solid games, especially LLS and MS.
>>
>>14839417
Reskinned Hatate.
>>
>>14853867
>no PoDD>MS>SoEW>LLS>HRtP

>>14839417
normal chiyuri or magical chiyuri
>>
>>14839443
>2hu 2fast
>rapid shoot
>1st "spell"
tecnically is more like aya game wise
>>
File: 41445939_p3_master1200.jpg (477 KB, 1007x600) Image search: [Google]
41445939_p3_master1200.jpg
477 KB, 1007x600
>>14854030
But I see Shinki, Mima, and Yumemi get "/jp/'d" all the time!
>>
Is chiyuri the youngest character in touhou that has been give an exact age?
>>
>>14854739
Mima? Yes, well, more like meme'd sadly.
I don't see Shinki or Yumeni here often at all.
>>
>>14854725
I mean role wise

Penultimate boss who is pretty much the final bosses' assistant.

Plus they have similar hair styles kind of.
>>
>>14839417
With your hips?
>>
>>14854741
No, we knew Akyuu's age when she was first introduced (10). We can also figure out Sumireko's age with accuracy, which is about the same as Chiyuri's.
>>
Yumemi a best
>>
Give Yumeko some love
>>
DON'T YOU FUCKING ABUSE HER.
I'M CALLING THE COPS
>>
>>14863586
She probably likes it
>>
>>14853867
This.
LLS was the point were ZUN perfectioned the consistenscy and style for his music.
>>
I feel like Zun could have brought back mugetsu and gengetsu in LoLK.

Like if he made Junko the stage 5 boss, Hecatia as the stage 6 boss, and if he cut one of the bunnies, he could have pulled some bullshit like as the protag was traveling back, they accidentally went to wherever Mugetsu and Gengetsu live instead of the dream world.
>>
>>14839417
>>
Is this how fast every PC98 thread is?
>>
very good thread
>>
>>14878858
it's quicker than some, sadly fan artists/writers/theorists for this end of the series are rare on the ground, therefore limited new material to base a discussion around.
>>
>>14843399
Yes.
>>
>>14886468
the deadest 98
>>
>>14886067
It's sad that people completely ignore it. Honestly, I don't believe that it's all non-canon like everyone says. There are so many parallels to the Windows canon and not a lot of things that would cause the two being connected to not work.
>>
>>14890684
From what I'm gathering, ZUN has stated the PC-98 games are canon, but any conflicting information in future games overtake PC-98 canon. Also noteworthy are there being direct references to PC-98 events in some of the Windows games.
>>
>>14891083
He has never phrased anything along the lines of "this is/isn't canon". He's said quite a few times that newer works take priority over older ones (which is really just a smooth way of lazy retconning), but he's repeated this since even PCB, and PCB is already incredibly outdated. If he doesn't use the settings/characters and they bring nothing else to the table, what is there left?

The key fact of the matter is that he put barely thought into the PC98 works as a consistent and solid entity and never expected to expand into a huge universe. They're games he made for the sake of making games and made choices in characters, locations, and story impromptu. ZUN actually continued to utilize EoSD and gradually began to build on it leading up into PCB and later. He dropped the previous games de-facto and he's never needed to explicitly say so; if he hadn't kept using EoSD's characters and settings (and selling the game), EoSD would be in the same boat as PC98.

The PC98-is-real crowd come from overseas demographics where those games are "just as easy to obtain" as the rest of the series, and were introduced at a time where all the games and everything that goes with them were shoved into their face at one time. They joined the series with zero historical context and just took in everything at face value, with some things about the series just being "older" than others.
To say that people "ignore" PC98 is a misnomer. This isn't a problem in Japan because those games aren't even available, and even if somebody is introduced to the series, the works they can indulge in are (mostly) still relevant. To suggest it's "ignored" implies it has a presence at all, but it doesn't. The era is treated as a piece of history.
>>
>>14891237
Yes, ZUN was just making them to make games and never really put much thought into it, but really there isn't anything that bad about that.

There's barely any character or story development or detail besides "oh shit somethings wrong, time to fix it" in most cases of of he PC98 games. Because there's so little development, why shouldn't they be canon? There's no huge setbacks to the Windows plot at all.

I just think that if ZUN really wanted it be non-canon, he'd have clearly stated it.
>>
>>14894010
>I just think that if ZUN really wanted it be non-canon, he'd have clearly stated it.
Again, he's never done this with anything, ever. All that accomplishes is restricting his own writing for zero gain.

You seem to be falling into the trap of thinking that "canon" is some label that you stick onto things that "okays" that they exist substantially in the current universe. Rather, canon is a description of what is known (or suggested?) to exist. This is why I asked what PC98 brings to the current Touhou universe, given that its settings and characters aren't used. If you can't think of anything, that's the point.
>>
>>14896315
It gives a vast amount of locations and characters to be used, and overall the extends the development of the setting. A few characters have been interesting enough to be brought back, such as Yuuka and Alice. The same applies to a few locations, such as Makai. It also gives a good look at what Gensokyo was like before the spellcard rules came into play.

Saying that PC98 brings nothing to the table is just silly. Sure, many of the characters are underdeveloped, but that's not a bad thing. They're all clean slates for ZUN to possibly bring back in future games or print works. Would I mind if characters changed or went away? Not at all. I'm just saying it would be dumb not to use the half of a decade of work he spent on the first five games.
>>
>>14896315
>This is why I asked what PC98 brings to the current Touhou universe, given that its settings and characters aren't used. If you can't think of anything, that's the point.
Makai was used in UFO. ZUN even jacked one of Shiki's attacks for one of Byakuren's spellcards.
>>
>>14899309
You misunderstood what I was asking, I was asking what contents of PC98 have actually been reused, not what apparent value they could bring. Yuuka and Alice are reused characters, but their PC98 content was still dropped and they were treated as new characters. So were Reimu and Marisa.

>>14899349
Exactly. The existence of Makai is considered canon now, but little else in/about it has been shown to be kept. This is why it's pointless to think about content as "PC98 elements that are canon" and instead should be "elements ZUN decides to recycle from PC98".
>>
File: IMG_20160311_103534.jpg (396 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160311_103534.jpg
396 KB, 1024x1365
>>
>>14839417
I want to impregnate the sailor
>>
>>14910695
me 2
>>
I don't care.
>>
>>14920080
nobody does
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.