[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
エロゲスレ/Untranslated VN General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: eroge.jpg (687 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eroge.jpg
687 KB, 1280x720
Previous thread: >>14784582

This thread is for the discussion of untranslated Japanese visual novels.

What are you playing? What are you looking forward to? What have you finished? You know the drill.
>>
I just finished Saiminjutsu 2 a little while ago,if anyone wants to here my thoughts.
>>
>>14817299
Just do it, a review is more on topic than most of what's posted here sometimes.
>>
>>14817299
Go on then.
>>
>>14817315
>>14817315
Well then:

Music: 5/10 is OK I guess but nothing to write home about.

Art: 7/10- It's not bad,the only reason I didn't give it higher is sometimes the characters look like they have wrinkles and flab,and I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to and it's an artistic failing but is rarely a problem in event CGs. Another small reason is the characters seem to change between event CGs and paper dolls, shino and sawa go up a cup size,youko goes up two cup sizes,and noriko gains A cups while event CGs depict her as almost completely flat. Overall it's above average.
>>
>>14817434
How about you talk about the lewd? It's a fucking nukige.
>>
>>14817434
writing/story/ero- I'll give it a 9/10. The game is based almost entirely on hypno fetishism and doesn't contain a single consentual scene based on normal ideas about consent,but that's not a problem. I guess I should talk about the bad stuff first.

I wish the bad ends and "random" events had been contained on one or 2 routes entirely.The bad ends make a lot repeating necessary and they feel redundant. I feel like the random bitches,such as the office girls,piano students,and track students weakened the focus of the game. I absolutely hated that all the good ends have "chokepoint" event or CG that involves letting Murakoshi get paizuri from Youko,since it makes her feel soiled after that. I also thought the whole skinship and time regression used by Susumu on his mother was weird. The only thing it accomplished ws revealing that the MCs deceased father used to love getting paizuri from his mother.
>>
恋する気持ちのかさねかた is so boring my head hurts. The only thing keeping me going is that EGS lists it as 10時間, which means I should be able to finish bestgirl route really quickly and put this behind me, promising to avoid Ensemble in the future
>>
>>14817487
Now for what I thought it did right:
The hypnosis seems to contain every fetish possible without resorting to /d/ and that's debatable since 3 of the 5 main heroines are blood related to the MC,as his mom aunt,and female cousin. The sub-heroine is a girl called yuuki who dresses like a boy,and susumu has trouble hypnotizing her do to past trauma and only succeeds near the end of one route. He also has trouble with his neighbor Youko,and uses the method of hearing a chime and walking down a step each time. After twelve times she is in a trance the same as the mom aunt and cousin. Susumu then uses ouko to hypnotize Rie,her little sister and Susumu's former osananajimi. Most of Rie's scenes onvolve her hating and berating Susume,but being forced to obey him and unable to get help anyway. Shino and Noriko both involve Susumu getting lessons in sex education.At some point he tells them to think up new lessons,and Shino went to an adult DVD store and bought a video on soapland style massage which both she and her daughter give susumu. Then they put on a lesbian show for his amusement,and tell him they've practiced before to prepare. the they give him a simultaneous blowjob and rimjob. the scenes with Youko were hot. Susume first puts her under and begins to feel up her tits while she's in a trance.The next day he comes over and orders her to masturbate and then fucks her face while sitting on her chest,and the day after he takes her virginity all while she's in a trance. The next day after that he shows up and puts her under,but tells her to imagine a balloon as her feelings for her fiance which he then pops.He then tells her there is another balloon which represents her feelings for susumu and that it's getting bigger,even bigger than the balloon for Makoto,her fiance,was. She then starts to love him and he tells her she wants to marry him before waking her up and having sex with her.
>>
>>14817525
Ensemble has a bunch of really nice artists, but their games are just so mediocre it blows my mind.
>>
>>14817591
>tells her to imagine a balloon as her feelings for her fiance which he then pops

That's some good NTR. It's like a whole new dimension of untapped NTR possibilities.
>>
サクラノ詩

y/n

pls respond.
>>
>>14818228
n
>>
>>14818228
y
>>
>>14818228
y
>>
>>14818228
/
>>
>>14818253
\
>>
>>14818228
Only if you've read Subahibi.
>>
>>14818228
y
>>
I always feel awkward when I read something that prompts me to put my name in. I'm a filthy gaijin scumbag with no Japanese name.
>>
>tfw seeing MCs imouto getting quartered and her limbs put into present boxes in kaos kid
>>
>>14818418
Every vn I've played that asks for a name entry has a canon name for the protagonist anyway.
>>
So I'm trying to play それでも妻を愛してる and whenever I try to run it, the error "64mb 以上の必要ビデオメモリーが必要です" appears and then the game just closes. I've tried looking everywhere and no fix so far, has anyone ever figure out a fix for it?

P.S. I know my computer should be able to run it as it passes the requirements. Oddly enough, the game runs fine when I use a VM.
>>
>>14818455
It's telling you that being a cuck is wrong.
>>
>>14818455
Maybe you need to download some more RAM.
>>
>>14818419
>PC release in April
>This faggot already spoilering
>>
File: seg.jpg (219 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
seg.jpg
219 KB, 1280x718
>>14818228
>>
>>14817525
I also forced myself through it, it was a snorefest. Even the route of the writer I like was boring, I don't know what happened here. It sucks because I like the usual ojou-sama concept.
>>
>>14818549
It's unfortunate that Makoto's route is the bad one when she herself is the sexiest.
>>
File: g.jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
Didn't someone in previous threads say はにかみCLOVER was total shit?

And yet it's second best seller of January.
>>
>>14818942
It's a bad month when 3 was better than 1
>>
>>14818942
The scenario was shit but it had good ero/art and well-known seiyuu, that alone sells I guess. Besides people were expecting better since the trial was okay.
>>
>>14818942
Did you even read my post mate? Of course it'd sell at january, because they decieved all their customers with the trial. The game itself is not that bad, its just a borderline nukige with the succubus & I have to drink Mc's sperm setting.

What everyone complaining about is the trial; at the trial & website description etc they cut away all the succubus thing and didnt mention how the game would be mostly about h-scenes etc. So when you try trial you are expecting a school life moege with great art, buying it, and when you open you are getting a h-scene in 5 minute of reading.

It'd still sell if they didnt hide being borderline since it has great art and well know seiyuus, I'm not really sure why did they do something like this which makes their customers angry.
>>
Those of you who played 魔導巧殻 are there no events that let the ユン・ガソル folks join me if I'm going for the so called magic route first?

If not I can just conquer and mindbreak them in peace, then finally focus on north.

The choices in this game though...feels like everything you do matters which is great.
>>
>>14819887
Yes, crazy guy and his sluts join only in true route and only if you do everything correct. Single mistake and you are locked in war with them.
>If not I can just conquer and mindbreak them in peace, then finally focus on north.
I don't remember if its safe or not, but better to just wait till you have to conquer them by scenario.
>>
Worst aspect of any VN - music pausing when clicking anything else that isn't the game. Get IM? Music pauses. Refresh tab? Music pauses. Tab to dictionary? Music pauses. So annoying, and there's rarely an option to change it.
>>
Speaking of Eushully, trial for new pirate game is out.
>>
>>14820095
you mean sound cuts when the window is inactive?
There are a ton of games that stay active while you're doing something else and I've seen plenty of games that even have the option to let you choose yourself.
>>
>>14820223
Not him but usually games that do not allow a silent mode are old ones (early 2000s).
>>
>>14820089
I see, thanks really needed to confirm that.
>I don't remember if its safe or not, but better to just wait till you have to conquer them by scenario.
Yeah, there seems to be a few scenes here and there when I went with ceasefire.Guess I'll just be doing that.
>>
Is EGS down or have they finally blocked my area? I haven't been able to visit it on my computer nor my phone's mobile connection for the past few days.
>>
>>14821537
No idea but it's dead here too.
>>
>>14821537
It's up.
>>
>>14821537
They blocked me too.
>>
>>14821537
It worked for me just an hour or two ago.
Using softether VPN to get a Japanese IP.
>>
Is 辻堂さんの純愛ロード any good?
>>
>>14821899
Mc is a huge retard at most of times, but heroines are pretty good and h-scenes are hot.
>>
>>14821908
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>14821899
Freaking love it, MC isn't a retard but he's too much of a careless airhead that gives zero fucks about danger
>>
>>14821924
>>14821917
>>
File: stress.jpg (727 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
stress.jpg
727 KB, 1280x720
On the one hand, gettnig a bad end would stress me the fuck out, and having to manage choices in VNs is also not something I like, because I'm a newfag VN reader who grew up with baby tier choices and used a guide for YUNO. On the other hand, just "select a girl and win" is really dull. What a choice
>>
>>14821899
I personally wasn't very fond of it.
Didn't care for any of the heroines or the art.
>>
>>14822396
>can't see bad endings and side stories
Obvious choice. Autopilot does not give you the full experience.
>>
>>14822396
Just use a walkthrough?
>>
>抜きゲとはいえテキストは重要なんだなあと再確認出来る作品
Indeed
>>
>>14822396
I used to think using a guide was incredibly pathetic, and then I played shit that locked you out of the true ending because of an arbitrary play order you couldn't possibly be aware of.
>>
>>14822396
Go for the midground and use a guide.
>>
>>14822507
>>14822538
>>14822570
I mean... what's the point of even playing with choices if I'm just gonna use a guide? Aside from accessing side routes which isn't really the issue anyway.
>>
>>14817176
How shiny can a game get? I couldn't play that without sunglasses.
>>
>>14822579
Exactly. The whole point of having that option is for the lazy fucks who can't be bothered playing the game properly and use guides. Apart from a few very rare exceptions like >>14822538 you should never use guides.
>>
>>14822590
>who can't be bothered to "play" the "game" "properly"

FTFY
>>
>>14822699
Would you prefer
>who can't be bothered to read the VN the way the author intended
>>
>>14822916
>who don't care about reading the VN the way the author was forced to write it because of industry customs regardless of whether or not it actually improves the experience
FTFY
>>
>>14823081
Industry customs is actually to have very simple, "fuck girl a", "fuck girl b" choices. If a game has something more complex than that, it's probably the author's will
>>
Thread is disturbingly green.
>>
>>14823115
I intentionally greenpost more now because some guy a couple months ago kept yelling at people doing it
>>
>>14823115
We are lacking blueguy posts.
>>
>>14823133
Same
>>
>>14823133
Are you me?
>>
>>14823286
>>14823161
>>14823133
All me.
>>
>>14823110
And in those cases the authors will is almost always retarded.
>>
>>14823345
I'm opening myself up to anti-conformist memes I'm sure but the choice structure in Cross Channel and Fate Stay Night/Tsukihime were pretty good and a guide wouldn't make the games much better. I mainly play games with the dumbed down choices so it's hard to think of examples of games with good choices. Fureraba, a moege, has you navigating dialogue trees to score love points by engaging the girl (less love points if she doesnt get into it), I think using a guide would ruin that appeal. And who knows what >>14822396 will play like, without a guide.
>>
>>14823081
>who would rather read a linear story identical to IRL books, instead of taking advantage of the benefits of the visual medium and partaking in choices which significantly improve immersion and add feelings of satisfaction and completion upon success.
>>
>>14823383
Are you saying choices are the only thing that make VNs different from books?
>>
>>14823415
Story wise, yes. The other differences (music, sound, art etc) are all visual, but it's the choices that allow for storytelling style like, for example, in Cross Channel, which could never be done in books.
>>
>>14823456
CYOA books
>>
>>14823456
>sound
>visual

Maybe if you're high.

>>14823483
CYOA books are much more rudimentary than choices in eroge. Every choice is a branch.
>>
>>14823503
Choices in Eroge are 90% just directing the game to different chunks of scenario, just like CYOA. In terms of story telling, that's good enough for equivalent experiences.
>>
>>14823456
VNs have nothing to do with books, they're completely different mediums. VNs more like anime (i.e. movies), text only serve as supplement to the picture. Books are the opposite to that.
>>
>>14823557
Are you seriously saying "text only serves as a supplement to the picture" in VNs? Are you fucking joking? Or am I misunderstanding?
>>
>>14823557
VNs are like plays with more stage direction.
>>
My favorite part of VNs is the voice acting, same as with anime. The prose, art, and creative opportunities are secondary considerations for me (not that prose isn't critical for telling a story that isn't dialogue 100%, but it's not usually the primary appeal.)

>>14823517
The amount of branching you can do in a CYOA is severely limited by the medium. It's fine for something that splits into a few well-defined independent routes, but anything that has merging paths and numerous decision points (the kind of shit you would be using a guide for) would require manual book-keeping and numerous page jumps that nobody wants to do.
>>
>>14823584
>that nobody wants to do.
So what? It's possible. He said
>which could never be done in books.
It can be done just fine.
>>
>>14823483
I guess theoretically you could have a talented and intelligent author write a CYOA book and have it be a high quality piece of literature? But in my experience they're all unreadable trash, so unless you can point me to an example which has a slight shred of intelligence behind it, I'm ignoring their existence.

>>14823503
I was taught to divide literature into "visual works" like movies, etc. and "textual works", basically books. I guess it's an abbreviation for audiovisual.
>>
>>14818157
I liked that scene, and the equivalent with the vases in Saiminjutsu 3, but it's a shame that they never really go anywhere with it afterward. It's just like "Oh, okay, I love you now," and that's it. At least in 3 it led into having sex in front of her husband, but even that feels like something they squished in at the end just because it was expected to be there. A lot of wasted potential.
>>
>>14823383
>who would rather read a linear story identical to IRL books
Yes
>instead of taking advantage of the benefits of the visual medium and partaking in choices which significantly improve immersion and add feelings of satisfaction and completion upon success.
I am happy on partaking in those choices when something is written that actually makes it worth my time to do so
>>
>>14823599
>But in my experience they're all unreadable trash, so unless you can point me to an example which has a slight shred of intelligence behind it, I'm ignoring their existence.
Frankly your post is garbage. It's illogical, and furthermore pointless. Whether or not a brilliant CYOA style novel exists does not matter in the slightest to this discussion. The fact remains that novels have the ability to emulate visual novel choice format. That's all that matters. Let me quote what I replied to:
> but it's the choices that allow for storytelling style ... which could never be done in books.
Choices CAN be done in books. Done. That's where the argument ends. No saying "but cyao books suck!". None of that. Choices can be done in books. The end.
>>
>>14823595
>It can be done just fine.
It would involve a considerable amount of immersion breaking. Done, maybe (making our overgeneralizing friend very wrong), but "just fine" is pushing it.

You can replicate most computerized TBS strategy games with nothing more than pen/paper/dice, but in practice your turns would take ages to carry out. The "manual" version is tabletop wargaming which necessarily has simpler rules.
>>
>>14823632
It's certainly simpler to execute on a computer game but I don't see the relevance. Furthermore, there are two factors to consider here. One, that VNs themselves rarely even have meaningful and complex choices that couldn't be replicated simply with a light CYAO structure. Two, I think savescumming would be as equally immersion breaking as simple page flipping.
>>
File: Girlfriend-beta-title-datever.jpg (118 KB, 700x387) Image search: [Google]
Girlfriend-beta-title-datever.jpg
118 KB, 700x387
I don't treat visual novels as shitty point and click and adventure games so I don't really mind using a guide for the choices unless it's essential to the experience ala YUNO or Furuiro Meikyuu Rondo. Otherwise the choices are just like the menu on a dvd player. You should really be visiting every bad end anyways, Rewrite for example has a bad end that is integral to understanding some major plot points.

Anyone know if pic related is any good? Millions of people love this shit and I don't know why.
>>
>>14823599
I'm assuming you consider most light novels unreadable trash, but on the off chance that you like the typical silly stuff, Kamachi (best known for the Index series) wrote 簡単なアンケートです which has a short branching component near the end.

It doesn't really correspond with the standard visual novel given that it's mostly a frame story packed with shorter stories, the "routes" are extremely short, and the branching point isn't really a "decision" you're making on half of MC... well, mostly I mentioned it because all the other CYOAs I remember reading I read in elementary school.
>>
>>14823629
No, you're misrepresenting my position. I was clearly referring to choices that contribute to an intelligent and deep work of literature, as in Cross Channel. Showing that choices CAN be done in books is not only pointlessly obvious but meaningless if all CYAO books are trash, because all that does is prove my point that it's impossible to create a masterpiece in books of a similar route-style branching format.
>>
>>14823787
>intelligent and deep work of literature
>>
>>14823456
So VNs are differents from books except from the part that is the same as books. Duh. The VN experience is different exactly because it has several aspects that add to the narrative experience. And sound is not a visual aspect. Either way, some people read VNs for all those aspects, but don't want any gameplay getting in the way. If not, linear VNs wouldn't sell.
>>
>>14823610
NTR really is great when it's netori.
>>
>>14823629
>Choices CAN be done in books.

Not in the same way as in eroge. You can't have flag or point systems, for example, you can only have each choice lead to a different direction in the plot. The only eroge I can recall that has the same choice system as a CYOA book is Saya no Uta, and it works there because it's so short and only has a few different endings.

>>14823652
>One, that VNs themselves rarely even have meaningful and complex choices that couldn't be replicated simply with a light CYAO structure.

If eroge were to proceed like this:

-read 100 pages
-pick the girl you want to fuck (only choice in the game)

People would complain, and people in this thread have when eroge offer similarly limited choices.

Even when choices aren't life-or-death "meaningful" they allow you to see new scenes or guide how a conversation will progress. I don't see why people are so eager to do away with one of the unique elements of the medium.
>>
>>14823817
>some people read VNs for all those aspects, but don't want any gameplay getting in the way
And some people play eroge for the porn CGs and don't actually read any of the text. I mean, people can do whatever they like, but you can hardly call it the "proper" way to read a VN.
>>
>>14823872
There's no such thing as "proper way to read a VN".
>>
>>14823706
>no kissing
it's shit
>>
I'm not very well read when it comes to VN news. Are there any well anticipated titles coming out in the next few months?
>>
>>14823872
When you don't read the text you're skipping the whole VN. When you follow a walkthrough, you aren't skipping anything; in fact, with a 100% walkthrough you actually make sure you aren't missing anything you could've missed by playing it by yourself. Effectively, it's the complete opposite of skipping the text. I thought this comparison would be stupid but I didn't think you'd actually come to me with it.
>>
>>14823961
You're skipping the fundamental gameplay element of the VN, that of actually making the choices yourself. Sure, you see all the content but you don't actually experience it.
I mean, how far will you go? Would you say nothing is lost by cheating through the conversations in Fureraba's common route? Would you say nothing is lost by following a walkthrough to win Long Live the Queen?
>>
>>14823959
Maitetsu, Shoukomeza, Dies Irae spin-off in March.
Island, Chaos Child PC in April
>>
Is there such a thing as a good nukige?
>>
>>14824022
Yes.
>>
>>14824022
Yes.
>>
>>14824016
Thanks anon. Considering the publisher of Maitetsu would I be right in assuming its a nukige?
>>
>>14824088
No.

Monobeno definetly wasn't a nukige either, just had many H scenes..
>>
>>14824088
No? Lose doesn't make nukige. Monobeno has a lot of h-scenes, but most of them are bonus scenes that you access through the menu (many of them non-canon). Judging by the official site, Maitetsu won't have any more porn than a typical moege, either.
>>
>>14824109
I actually only ever played a bit of Monobeno. I'd just seen the shit ton of lewd CGs and wrongly assumed. Never knew that's how those scenes were. You learn something new every day.
>>
>>14823991
>I mean, how far will you go?
slippery slope fallacy
I am capable of using a walkthrough for VNs without using it for games, and am capable of judging whether using a walkthrough would decrease my experience of the work. Therefore, your point is stupid.
>>
>>14824124
Yes, EOPs tend to assume a lot about Monobeno too. It's rather different than the CG set makes it look.
>>
>>14823562
> Are you fucking joking?
Dead serious, and I worded that badly, sorry.
He's >>14823580 right. I meant to say VN is visual medium, not textual like books, but not really like anime or movies either. NV is severely inferior to anime and movies in the freedom of visual expression, it's like stage play with just empty space and couple of characters interacting, that's it. It even called 紙芝居 in Japanese meaning stage play with flat paper figures. But despite all the inferiority it's still visual medium like movies and in no way in hell is textual like books.
>>
>>14824159
Not the guy you were talking to but how can you in any way try to assert that VNs aren't textual when they're longer than most books a lot of the time? It isn't solely visual or solely textual; it's a mix of both. Hence the term: visual novel.
>>
>>14824134
If a VN's route structure is so simple that using a walkthrough doesn't decrease your experience of the work, it's so easy that there is no need to use a walkthrough.
>>
>>14823991
>actually making the choices yourself.
Doesn't exist in VN. Scenario branches and choices are completely different things. Don't confuse them.
Choice requires proper consequences regardless of the chosen path. No such thing in VN. VN have only branches with one right way of the scenario and dead ends for other branches. With only one path choises can't exist, or else you could say every pit on the way in Super Mario is different ending, so this game have shit ton of endings and scenario variations.
>>
>>14824174
Well, movies have some text in them too. So your point? Are yopu saying movies also the mix wit books therefore kind of books too?
>>
>>14824200
Not that guy but are you for real? Most VNs are 30 hours of text with some spanning over 100, with only a couple CGs in between. Obviously the text outweighs the visual aspect.
>>
>>14824212
I don't know about you, but I really only play eroge to have pictures of anime girls talk to me for hours on end. I don't think I'd bother with any of them if they were just a script.
>>
>>14824200
I never said that. If you want to consider the amount of text in movies nontrivial then feel free to consider movies 0.1% textual and 99.9% visual. Also I'm not trying to contend that because VNs are textual that means they're like books. They're very different from books but they're still text based.
>>
>>14824212
> Most VNs are 30 hours of text
And 31 hour of images ans sound (some scenes can be without text). So? Text outweighs nothing, because it is used only as support for overly static and poor in variety visuals. Heck, at least half of the text are just dialogue subtitles, can be safely removed from the consideration.
>>
>>14824196
Have you read School Days?
>>
>>14824237
What visual novels are you playing where the visuals convey so much that the text could be considered useless?
>>
>>14824230
And you wouldn't play eroge if they just consisted of paper cutouts scrolling across the screen. Both visual and text are important aspects, but obviously text makes up the majority of content.

>>14824237
>images
It's the same fucking images for the most part. There is always new text on screen describing things that can't be displayed in the sprites and backgrounds. You are spending most of the time reading text, not looking at pictures. Sound is an important part also, but not a main component like text.
>>
Let us discuss something far far more important. Are visual novels art? We do know video-games are not.
>>
>>14824246
>And you wouldn't play eroge if they just consisted of paper cutouts scrolling across the screen.
But I would and I do. I've actually never read the text of any of the eroge I've read. I actually didn't even know they had text until I had already read a couple.
>>
>>14823991
>You're skipping the fundamental gameplay element of the VN
The "gameplay" element in most branch-based VNs is either secondary (when simple) or just plain annoying (when complex). In both cases it doesn't harm the experience of the work by skipping this aspect.

>you see all the content but you don't actually experience it
This is nonsensical.

>Would you say nothing is lost by cheating through the conversations in Fureraba's common route?
Why are you cherrypicking Fureraba? Fureraba is a special case because it's not branch-based but point-based on conversation-based events. And even if you ignore this aspect, most of the enjoyment comes from the character routes you enter after you finish that part.

>Would you say nothing is lost by following a walkthrough to win Long Live the Queen?
Again why are you picking an RPG for your example? In an RPG VN of course the RPG gameplay is central to the game, it makes no sense to skip it. I thought we're talking about common ADVs with an average number of branch-based choices.
>>
>>14824262
I just look at the pictures and make up my own stories.
>>
>>14824262
Are you lost, EOP?
>>
>>14824260
There's no such thing as art.
>>
>>14824278
いいや。 Just exaggerating what the one guy was saying to make his idiocy evident.
>>
>>14824266
>it doesn't harm the experience of the work by skipping this aspect
Yes it does.
>>
>>14824292
You know it's bad when that seemed like legit reasoning from him.
>>
>>14824295
In my case it made my experience worse. After I started using walkthroughs my experience with VNs improved greatly, although if you like it that's fine.
>>
>>14824177
It can be complicated and still be improved by a walkthrough. See: Muramasa
>>
>>14824266
>Fureraba is a special case because it's not branch-based but point-based on conversation-based events.

You realize a lot of eroge are this way? The points are just tallied behind the scenes.

>>14824212
Have you considered that much of the text is voiced and so it doesn't really need to be read anymore than a movie's subtitles?
>>
>>14824548
MC is often unvoiced and VNs have to provide setting/character description in text because movies get to work with more than fifteen static sprites and backgrounds.
>>
>>14824548
>You realize a lot of eroge are this way? The points are just tallied behind the scenes.
I know, but the Fureraba ones are closer to dating sim style. Another recent example would also be SukiSuki by Chuablesoft. In that one it's almost impossible to use a walkthrough, though.
>>
>>14818228
y
>>
>>14818942
It's still shit m8
>>
>>14818942
Sales have nothing to do with game quality. Just look at Sakura no Uta.
>>
>>14825173>>14825179>>14825187
Nice shitposting, mate.
>>
>>14824586
>dating sim style
Dating sims are not an VN, they're simulators akin to tamagochi, only instead of creature you're sort of keeping the girl. Zero plot, zero artistic value, zero anything, only your own self-made mind games. Of course you can do whatever in this, but in proper stories you cannot because impossible to write gazillion different events seamlessly fitting sane plot line.
>>
>>14825513
>Zero plot, zero artistic value, zero anything
You clearly didn't play any decent porn sim game.
>>
>>14825187
Bait.
>>
>>14825521
Are Love+ decent enough? Look. I'm not denying the existence of mixed genre games, just made the point that mentioning of date sim in the VN discussion is bad idea, because date sim mechanic and VN storytelling are mutually exclusive. If you want to accent on date sim, that means you don't really care about VN.
>>
>>14825513
>>14825539
I don't find much value in pedantic discussions over the meanings of words. So, let's just establish some ground rules and operate from those.
>A visual novel can be seen as a combination of a novel and a computer game: they're computer games with a large text based storyline and only little interaction of the player. A typical visual novel consists of text over an anime-style background image and is accompanied by background music.
From this definition, which most people agree with I believe, dating sims are pretty much VNs. You can say dating sims have shitty storys if you want but they're still VNs by this definition. If you want to define VNs as something else and then say Dating sims aren't that definition feel free but be aware, like I said, there isn't much value in doing so.
>>
>>14825563
>most people agree
Okay, you win.
Can't think for yourself then switch to "everyone". Pointless.
>>
>>14825572
I quoted the VNDB faq page. When it comes to online discussions, sticking to private language is just going to spur meaningless pedantic arguments, it's good to keep an open mind and apply public language when in public. I'm not trying to win here, by the way. I also don't know why quoting a definition would be sheep behaviour when the question here centers around what a word means. You said datnig sims aren't VNs, but you didn't define what a VN is. That's just begetting arguments. So, I defined VN, not using my personal definition but the public definition in order to proceed the discussion. Nothing wrong or brainless about that. If you want to define the word yourself in order to disagree, feel free, there just isn't much value in that, since the discussion would be shifting away from "are dating sims VNs" to "i disagree with what a VN even is" which is not a discussion that will make much progress in regards to the original topic i.e. choices in eroge.
>>
File: top quality writing.jpg (211 KB, 1278x715) Image search: [Google]
top quality writing.jpg
211 KB, 1278x715
>>14824260
If this isn't art I don't know what is.
>>
>>14825586
Reason enough for me.The shitty art is more disturbing.
>>
>>14824260
https://twitter.com/kazkodaka/status/701387613433761792
>>
>>14825656
>課金ゲーム
What is he referring to there?
>>
>>14825660
Mobage shit where you have to dumb thousands of dollars to get girl you like.
>>
>>14825660
Not calling out any specific names but for me the most recent offender is Grand Order.
>>
>>14825664
>>14825671
Makes sense, thanks.
>>
File: CY-TydFWcAAZcMA.jpg (92 KB, 904x803) Image search: [Google]
CY-TydFWcAAZcMA.jpg
92 KB, 904x803
>>14825671
>>
>>14826066
Frankly, looking at how ridiculous some other mobile games are, I don't know how Yuzusoft can make any money on theirs considering how generous it is in comparison.
>>
>>14826066
This is how I feel playing every MMO ever. FUCK you, MMOs, destroyer of lives.
>>
Am I on the deaded Makoto route if I'm inviting people into the arts club in Sakura no Uta?
Is the game going to get good soon?
>>
>>14826370
I meant to say dreaded, not deaded. I heard you guys saying it's the worst route.
>>
>>14826370
Still very well in the prologue. You're still going to have to play Makoto's route no matter how dreadful it is unless you plan to ctrl through it.
>>
File: im.jpg (152 KB, 1272x720) Image search: [Google]
im.jpg
152 KB, 1272x720
I fucking loved Makoto and bore through her route because I lusted for her ever since the prologue. When I finally got to her first H-scene I was greeted with this.
>>
>>14826419
What? Bad art?
>>
>>14826627
I'm not him but I guess it's because she looks like a loli and nothing like her actual tachi-e
>>
>>14826627
Black boxes
>>
>>14826715
btw her face I mean, yeah I can see her boobs are not loli sized
>>
Post your VN 嫁s.
Those with waifus in a VN that has been released with the last year need not reply. The older the better.
>>
File: ss+(2014-11-03+at+01.09.47).jpg (340 KB, 1282x745) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-11-03+at+01.09.47).jpg
340 KB, 1282x745
>>14826820
Not 嫁, but man those three warms my heart so much that I'm rereading their scenes in every 2-3 months.
>>
>>14826820
Only and forever.
>>
File: 45354335333.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
45354335333.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>14826820
>>
>>14826820
As the mental part of countless avatars, I have transcended attachments such as a wife. Now, I am simply the means for where heroines obtain the attention they deserve, the love story they wish for, the harbinger of their preset destinies. Such is the fate of someone who plays more than one eroge.

For the sake of all of the past heroines and those to come, I have thrown my desire away.
>>
>>14827021
Is game worth reading?
>>
>>14827039
Yes
>>
File: 236592789523235.png (187 KB, 345x399) Image search: [Google]
236592789523235.png
187 KB, 345x399
>>14826820
>>
File: ss (2014-11-15 at 03.17.47).png (983 KB, 792x596) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-11-15 at 03.17.47).png
983 KB, 792x596
>>14826820

There will never be another quite like her
>>
>>14827046
This game similar to Majikoi? Or something different?
>>
>>14827072
Kinda similar, made by some of the same people. More about street gangs than martial artists
>>
>>14827119
Any route order?
>>
>>14827139
Ai is the the central heroine so I recommend that first, Maki and Renna after, doesn't really matter which
>>
>>14827158
Thanks.
>>
File: iw.jpg (462 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
iw.jpg
462 KB, 1280x721
>>14826820
>>
File: Inaba.Yui.full.230689.jpg (268 KB, 570x1187) Image search: [Google]
Inaba.Yui.full.230689.jpg
268 KB, 570x1187
>>14826820
>>
>>14827186
Definitely this.
>>
>>14826820
>>
File: corti.jpg (346 KB, 988x700) Image search: [Google]
corti.jpg
346 KB, 988x700
>>14826820
>>
>>14827186
What's this from?
>>
>>14827504
Kurokami
>>
>>14827508
Not much to go on
>>
>>14827549
Doushite
>>
>>14827549
Sonna ni
>>
>>14827555
>>14827564
Found it, thanks
>>
File: tobari.png (728 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tobari.png
728 KB, 800x600
>>14826820
Also,
>>14827499
Nice taste there good sir.
>>
File: strawberry_nauts.jpg (352 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
strawberry_nauts.jpg
352 KB, 1500x844
>>14826820
I didn't even like the game that much but I really liked this character.
>>
>>14828060
>but I really liked this character.
Enough to marry her?
>>
Anyone has any opinions on Izumo 4 and Gears of Dragoon 2?

I haven't been keeping up with modern releases in a long time
>>
File: 1407672357821.jpg (345 KB, 599x846) Image search: [Google]
1407672357821.jpg
345 KB, 599x846
http://strawpoll.me/6912897

How many VNs have you read? A figure I keep in mind is that 90% of people haven't read 50 vns, source being a reddit poll with several hundred replies. Just wondering how much jaypoo differs, if you'd be so kind. I'm sure that German poll covered this somewhere but I don't know the results
>>
>>14828084
What is completed? I dont do routes I dont want to.
>>
>>14828091
That's fine. As long as you got to the credits it's completed enough for the purposes of my question.
>>
>>14828067
Yes, that's why it was a reply towards that post.
She's also the reason I still play Hook's games whenever a new one comes out even though I almost always find them boring.
>>
>>14828084
I'm a slow reader (in all the languages I know including my mother tongue), so it's around 15 completed for me, half in Japanese, half in English. Another 10 or so that I dropped.

It also doesn't help that I tend to get attached to some games, and I re-read them again instead of reading something new.
>>
>>14828084
I have started at least 200, but only finished about 15.
>>
>>14828113
Seeing three 0-25 votes wis a surprise. I figured anyone who liked VNs enough to learn Japanese and hang out on /jp/ would have read a lot.
>>
>>14828113
>I'm a slow reader (in all the languages I know including my mother tongue)

Same here, im around the same for you sitting at 17.
>>
>>14828120
I have crippling brain problems that prevent me from finishing things because I don't want them to be over.
>>
>>14828084
347 over the past 5 years according to my backup files. If I include what I read in English prior to that it's probably around 360 ~ 370
>>
>>14828120
You see I'm fairly lazy and my interest in VNs and reading in general comes in bursts.
Once I find something that really interests me like Baldr Sky or Utawarerumono I fixate on it and spend all my free time reading until I finish it. Then I pick up some shitty moege that seems to suit my fetishes, realize it doesn't have any plot whatsoever, get bored in the middle of the common route and spend the next 2 months wasting my time on random video games. Then I find another VN that has a plot which draws me in and keep repeating this cycle.
>>
>>14828120
I mostly lurk for reading material and sometimes the discussion is interesting. I hadn't read much before I started learning Japanese, only read a few moege in Japanese so far, and I get the impression that people who are still shit at Japanese aren't really welcome here due to shitposting about texthookers and whatnot (though I generally just use it to make look ups more convenient; I think about the word a fair amount before looking up and I don't read off of it or enable any of that parsing/translation shit). Plus because I haven't read much I don't really have much to contribute to the conversations yet.

Sorry for the slight blogshit, just explaining what some of those votes might be.
>>
>>14826370
Maybe notice the splash screens.

Also if you don't like it, perhaps you should drop it. I already liked it in the prologue and I, so it only got better for me later (Makoto's route being an exception), but if you don't like it, you might not ever.

It's not like you have any obligation to play Sakura no Uta, you know.
>>
>>14828237
To be honest I really liked some of the jokes, as cheesy as they were. It's just, as the most common critique against the game, a bit too verbose. It's not like a hate it, just wish things went a bit faster.
>>
>>14828251
That's just how Sca-ji writes. He goes on forever about the most mundane and pointless shit sometimes trying to be clever.
>>
>>14828084
>0-25 in the lead

I knew /jp/ was full of stealths.
>>
>>14828726
Cool results interpreting, are you from Fox News?
>>
>>14828741
Remember when you are waiting for english releases, several months can pass by without anything new being released. He probably doesn't understand the idea of dropping a visual novel.
>>
File: wataranai_asuka.jpg (60 KB, 444x542) Image search: [Google]
wataranai_asuka.jpg
60 KB, 444x542
>>14826964
Takashi is definitely the more moe one though.
>>
File: 摩耶2.jpg (257 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
摩耶2.jpg
257 KB, 1280x720
>>14826820
>>
>>14828084
~300
>>
File: 1430335022038.png (299 KB, 455x349) Image search: [Google]
1430335022038.png
299 KB, 455x349
>>14826964
New sengoku koihime soon
>>
File: maro.jpg (255 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maro.jpg
255 KB, 1024x768
>>14826820
>>
>>14829384
How dead is ELF nowadays? I keep hearing that people keep boycotting them.
>>
>>14829390
Why?
>>
>>14828084
I'm the only one between 150-200? At least six of you guys are ahead of me with 200+.

>source being a reddit poll
Lol
>>
>>14829398
Giving them low/extremely critical reviews, telling people not to buy their games. And since they cater only to NTR enthusiasts nowadays, I think their audience has reduced greatly.

Doesn't help that their original members are either dead or gone.
>>
>>14829003

Good taste, I respect you greatly.

I think Hiyoko just barely took the win for me in Oretsuba, but Asuka did things to my cold heart.
>>
>>14829410
>they cater only to NTR enthusiasts nowadays
How did it come to this?
>>
So why is this minori shitty employee so obsessed about not letting people play their games overseas?:
https://twitter.com/nekoten_yuuna/status/409261850455314432

Also it seems he wants foreigners who tell minori they liked their game to take a picture of the game box and Twitter username:
https://twitter.com/nekoten_yuuna/status/432341621682606080

And if you go into a market with this shitty attitude of course you won't sell shit.
https://twitter.com/nekoten_yuuna/status/562089085917876224

Fucking autistic.
>>
>>14829468
>Also it seems he wants foreigners who tell minori they liked their game to take a picture of the game box and Twitter username:
I imagine he's convinced that most Chinese "fans" are pirates.

It sounds pretty plausible.
>>
Sounds familiar, probably the same person who caused this whole fiasco.

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=User_talk:218.219.158.186
>>
>>14829468>>14829483
Why are you spamming this thread with several years old shit?
>>
>>14829493

Interesting history, and a good reason to not fucking buy Minori games if you're a gaijin.
>>
>>14829410
>Giving them low/extremely critical reviews

Where is this happening? I only read egs reviews but there elf games have still been getting positive reviews.

>>14829500
Because of something that happened years ago? minori is allowing official localizations of their games now.

Like maybe one or two people tops in this thread even buy their eroge, so it doesn't matter anyways.
>>
>>14829483
Could be. I don't know who he's exactly, but I've heard nbkz/酒井伸和 (minori representative) use similar wording and attitude ("There isn't a market overseas this won't work why are we even trying just stop playing our games"). He could be the same person. I've read that nbkz is pretty autistic, it seems that in the past he has personally persecuted/threatened people who have sold used games at auctions when it wasn't allowed. Also it seems he has thrown fits of anger regularly at Comiket.
>>
>>14829493
>>14829509
Oh boy it's the speech police.

Those tweets are from 2013-2015, after they started selling overseas. And we can talk about events from any time if we want, too.

I still want to know what really happened to Shoujobyou since Orochi deleted his Twitter account and I can't read his tweets to Blasterhead. I remember it had something to do with pay/debt but it seems I'm not allowed to talk about it here now.
>>
>>14829511
>He could be the same person
It's him
http://aoi.bbspink.com/test/read.cgi/hgame/1437284537/n114-116

Everyone seems to hate him in Japan too, so there you go.
>>
File: f.png (437 KB, 654x371) Image search: [Google]
f.png
437 KB, 654x371
Seeing some CGs from Maitetsu I thought Hachiroku is smaller in some of them and turns out it's true. She has two switchable sizes, small and even smaller one for being in small locomotive cabins.
>>
>>14829972
She reminds me of a koala in some CGs with how she clings on the MC.
>>
>>14829972
Fucking lewd.
>>
File: mea_l_0_1_r_04+merged.png (525 KB, 859x885) Image search: [Google]
mea_l_0_1_r_04+merged.png
525 KB, 859x885
>>14826820
>>
>>14830014
rarest 嫁
>>
How come 恋する乙女と守護の楯 is uploaded before its officially released? Some shop fucked up and shipped boxes day earlier?
>>
>>14830071
I feel shallow because I never play any AXL game due to the artist drawing eyes way too far apart. I know art isn't someone one should focus on, given how much more important writing is, but DAMN those eyes.
>>
>>14830087
Don't worry, you are not missing out anything.
First 守護の楯 game was terrible, the way they mixed dead serious scenes with retarded comedy kept triggering me all the way till the end of last route. I cannot comprehend why some people think it was good game.
>>
>>14829390
Elf went out of business after Maro 3.
>>
File: j.png (45 KB, 571x360) Image search: [Google]
j.png
45 KB, 571x360
>>
>>14830160
I don't see the point in pointing out bad translations. Reason being, the majority of translations are bad. He may as well just say "translations by Koestly, Garejei, and makoto are good, the rest are bad."
>>
>>14830160
Truly we're advancing by leaps and bounds.

If we can make this kind of amazing progress, one can only imagine what moogy has managed to do in the decade since YMK was released.
>>
>>14830160
>>14830167
>>14830170
Wrong thread.
>>
>>14830173
Everything moogy says is on-topic.
>>
>>14830160
https://vndb.org/u15
Just don't get moogys scoring system
>>
>>14830167
>Garejei

What has he translated?
>>
>>14830180
Dies Irae stuff. ATM he's working with Conjuerer translating Himawari, Tokyo Babel, and something else. I don't know if any game he's worked on has been released yet but his Dies Irae stuff and his work with conjuerer looks really good.
>>
>>14829410
>>14829390
If you saw their website you will wonder if this company even try to sell their shit or not. They basically don't want anyone to buy their games.
>>
>>14829410
Atelier Sakura cater to NTR completely too, but you can see them grow. Because they actually put effort to sell their games.
>>
>>14830179
He gave Shizuku 4.4. I assume he dislikes stories with rape and ryona.
>>
>>14830209
They have always been like that. When I played Kakyuusei many years ago, I remember that their site layout was roughly the same, with some bullshit shopping mart theme that they decided to drop at some point.

They just didn't move from that point.
>>
File: closed game clothing damage.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
closed game clothing damage.png
3 MB, 1600x900
I'm playing Closed Game and I can guarantee you this is our future. Where the masses become playthings of the rich
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.