[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /jp/ I need your opinion on something. I'm tling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Detroit.Metal.City.full.616864.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Detroit.Metal.City.full.616864.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
Alright /jp/ I need your opinion on something. I'm tling a long H text and I need a satisfying way to deal with メス豚, "mesu buta". Now I'm sure you all read or heard that before, but what would be the best way to handle it in a translation? So far the contender are:
Sow/female pig: literal translation are by and large a terrible idea, it just feels lazy and forced
Bitch/slutty bitch/bitch in heat: Keep the animal theme, but feel really tame, plus bitch is often used to mean something else
Cum bucket: Demeaning enough, but quite different from the original and will not fit every contexts
Sex pet/sex animal: pretty weak all around.

Opinions? Alternative ideas? Go wild.
>>
>>14791020
"filthy sow" or something
Literal only sounds lazy because you know it is. Keep it close, but unless you sub "pig woman" it's not going to sound that bad.
>>
>>14791020
Be like all the cool translators and leave it as romaji with a 200-word endnote explaining your dilemma at the end of the dojinshi
>>
Pig bitch?
>>
fart of pig vagina.
>>
>>14791071
The issue I have with "sow" is that no one use that, except very occasionally about fat girls, while mesu buta is a well-established idiom. Of course the majority of the readers will just go "oh, that dude just said mesu buta" when reaching a "filthy sow" (not to mention the voiced lines giving it away), but as a translator it still feels like cheating.
>>
>>14791095
Let's not do that.
>>
>>14791020
ur mom
>>
Use whore. No one ever says whore to mean prostitute anymore. Dirty whore.

>>14791114
>The issue I have with "sow" is that no one use that,
There's a point where you have to accept that different languages speak differently and deal with it.
>>
Use sow like literally everyone else.
This is hardly even an issue.
>>
Cum dumpster, animal whore, slutty bitch, cunt, really just think of the most vulgar sexual thing you can think of to call a woman. Type what feels natural, I guess.
>>
>>14791590
>>14791596
Seconding these. Slut could work too. I'd personally avoid using "bitch" because Japanese use that word on it's own sometimes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.