[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
japan politics economics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: download (7).jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
7 KB, 300x168
how is japan doing these days?
>>
>>14784383
>>
>>14784383
They might as well actually be from the moon because that's how much sense their system makes to me.
>>
I watched a video the other day where an ACLU professor who lived in Japan for a long time did a presentation on why the LDP consistently stays in power with little real threat even when they're in no way a popular party. It was very interesting but now I can't seem to find it in my history.

The tldr was that it was a natural result of clientalism and a centralized economy
>>
>>14784490
Try to find it, sounds interesting.
>>
>>14784383
Google japan debt to gdp ratio
>>
>>14784591
its really high but it doesnt affect real economy unless it breaks down
>>
File: 1454731475892.jpg (53 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
1454731475892.jpg
53 KB, 476x687
Hasn't it been declining since the 90s?
>>
>>14784490
>>14784517
Yea same.
>>
>>14784768
That's everything, not just japan
>>
There was once a conspiracy of how when Japan went into long deflation it was the fault of the central bank (jews or america). It was a pretty nice documentary.
>>
>>14784800
The reality is they fucked up with their housing bubble we did in 2008, thought the gravy train would never end
>>
>>14784851
The same way we did*
>>
>>14784851
Yea, but the central knew and could have done a lot of stuff. Can't remember yet. Yet, they decided to let it go.
>>
>>14784800
angel cop wasn't a documentary
>>
>>14784517
>>14784779

And now that I'm at a proper PC and not my phone, locating it was easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG-UEE0a3aI

Also I fucked up before. I said ACLU when I meant UCLA, of which there's a world of difference.
>>
>>14785496
Thanks, I'll be listening it soon.

I'm not American so the acronym was lost on me anyway.
>>
The SDP is a bit different than i thought.
>>
>>14785663

The latter is a college, the former is a group designed to protect free speech when they see it as being threatened (known for protecting both SJWs and the KKK, because free speech is free speech at the end of the day, regardless of political affiliation).
>>
>>14785865
I only looked it up on the wiki but I'm not seeing anything good really, the majority of the things they apparently want is rather stupid.
>>
>>14785496
tl;dr

LDP: Strong candidates (coming from local politics) but weak party (still good enough, though)
LDP has a lot of people saying their name over and over, Marketing 101
General Japanese Nepotism
Central government controls spending and budgets beyond meager local revenues
General Cultural conformity of the Japanese people, extending to their politics

Worth a watch in the background.
>>
>>14784749
>unless it breaks down
The higher it gets the easier it'll be for creditors to get spooked and bolt

If the trend continues Abe risks locking Japan out of credit markets
>>
>>14786196
tl;dr you're right but more blocks are being taken out of the metaphorical Jenga tower as it keeps going up making state finances more rickety
>>
>>14785970

and lastly, the system is kinda rigged since all they need is the rural regions and they basically have every election in the bag
>>
>>14785496
Interesting video. Makes me realize that I don't actually know as much as I thought about economics in general.
>>
Why does this thread have any replies? Fuck off to your underaged cirlejekr at /pol/ witht his shit.
SAGE
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/64500193
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.