[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese tv shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: best-tv-show-1.png (449 KB, 761x485) Image search: [Google]
best-tv-show-1.png
449 KB, 761x485
What popular programs in Japanese television are available English subtitled and have good English speaking online following (so I have fellow anons to talk about it with)?

Looking for
-dramas / soap operas
-comedy (but not quite takeshi's castle)
-programs about japan, culture, living, (I'm thinking like gardening programs, dunno why... i'm not even in to that shizz, but you get the idea).

Looking for programs to help with my Japanese learning, anime doesn't feel right for me. I want to see interaction between real people.
>>
That burger needs more salad.
>>
i like this one it pleases my autism.
http://www.nhk.or.jp/design-ah/
>>
Check out Hana Yori Dango.
>>
>>14399310
http://jburogu-godzillaradio.blogspot.de/2011/12/shabekuri-007-uploaded-on-mediafire.html

I find Shabekuri 007 fucking hilarious, but it usually depends on the guest.
>>
>>14399310
are there any good reality shows in japan?
>>
Shinzanmono is a decent detective show
>>
>>14399857
Its aired in Mexico by Canal Once (IPN)
>>
Outside of anime, the most active English speaking communities are for idol stuff (AKB et al) and tokusatsu (Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, etc.)
>>
File: donkey hotel.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
donkey hotel.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>14411044
You forgot http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/. Owarai/variety subbers are pretty fucking inactive, though.

Thank god I took enough classes at uni to watch things raw.
>>
Anyone follows itteQ! ?
Can't found last Sunday episode on DM as usual, are they not broadcasted or what?
>>
I like Tokyo Encounter. Apparently it's being translated, too. I'm not sure if they're up to date, though.
>>
File: 1448720267533.jpg (80 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
1448720267533.jpg
80 KB, 720x600
>>14412534
dm has gotten rather fast at deleting uploads. usually most are gone the next day.
>>
File: fl20101228zgb.jpg (36 KB, 350x449) Image search: [Google]
fl20101228zgb.jpg
36 KB, 350x449
cool thread guys
>>
>>14416790
Why is he so cute
>>
>>14408691
Japan doesn't really have reality TV in the same way we do as far as I know. Their reality stuff is more like game shows than survivor.
>>
File: Chris_Peppler-p1.jpg (38 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
Chris_Peppler-p1.jpg
38 KB, 250x375
>>14416776
Seems like there's no episode last week anyway. Found last sunday episode easily. Now it's Imoto's turn to be tortured by crazy Australians.
>>14416790
Sorry Peter but I like Chris Peppler better
>>
>>14408691
The only western style show I know of is 'Terrace House', but I've never watched it and don't know if there are any subs for it.
>>
Some of old jp tv programs are funny but now we dont see
>>
>>14399310
If you want something subbed from japanese not being anime, go for Game Center CX because this is the only one I know about subbed things.

>dramas/soap opera
It sucks.
They uses idols and they are worse than average actors. (It's not like our idolm@ster.)
The only one what I would recomend is Hanzawa Naoki because It was as good as our HUEBR minisseries made by old days "TV Globo".
But I doubt it's subbed.

The only one what was good was
>comedy
The comedy are more related about thenselves.
It's rare to get something not being about them.

>programs
I would recomend "You ha nani shini nippon he?"(Why do you come here?)

It`s kind of wanking but you should know most of japaneses think until some years ago japan is a shithole. They needed some gaijins like us to know it is not.
(If Japan is a shithole so what Brazil is!?)

But I don't think it is subbed.

What I trully recomend (if your japanese are OK) is "Sokomade itte iinkai" (そこまで言って委員会) and "Oshiete News Live: Seigi no mikata"(教えて!ニュースライブ 正義のミカタ)
>>
>>14429332
>'Terrace House'
They are too good looking and shit.

Also "Terrace House: Closing Door is a 2015 Japanese film that ends a reality show from Fuji Television.It was released on February 14, 2015."
how the fuck do you do a movie to finish a reality show?
>>
>>14416790
>>14428723
what's up with all the nhkworld fags

everyone knows chef saito is the best
>>
>>14431753
Speaking of, was there any other NHK world foreign hosts that featured in Homecoming/Satogaeri show? I know there's one for May J and Nicolas Pettas
https://youtu.be/Mw_d7jRhDSw
>>
>>14399310
What show is that?
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
theres lots of japanese tv snippets on youtube but no subs. uh. d addicts used to have a tv section. with shows. (not dramas)
>>
File: 1449226992704.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449226992704.jpg
397 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>14441401
KILL WHITEY!!
>>
>>14411063
>am fluent in Japanese now
>mfw subtitles are usually wrong half of the time
It's not just anime subtitles nearly always being wrong, but Gaki Tsukai has some questionable subs at times too. I can't be the only person who gets pissed off by this?
>>
>>14441401
>every vagina in the room gushing simultaneously
the look in those girls' eyes is entrancing.
>>
>>14447594
Owarai is such a minor thing among westerners that neither experienced subbers, editors, encoders and whatever or people who demanded quality ("its' free dont complain!!!1") came upon it. Most of the scene is build on random solo workers releasing about one episode in six months, aside from yearly Waratte wa Ikenai, which are pumped out by Team Gaki so "fast" (which isn't really that fast, but tries to meet the huge demand) that QC doesn't practically exist, resulting in poor typesetting, poor word choices and loads of typos.

I translated about two things (small bit of manzai and an episode of GnT; recognizers gonna recognize) and that was enough to make me realize how hard the work is and how little you get in return. The hardest thing about owarai is that unlike anime or dorama that run off a script and actors doing their best to speak clearly (eg. no talking over each other, no mispronounciations etc.). it's just a big mess off dialogue that gets worse the bigger the cast gets.

I might return to subbing after my civilian service ends (and NEET life continues), but if I do, I'll concentrate on Sugita and Umehara because while they are pretty popular people among fans, the average anons and such don't know their true greatness.
>>
File: 1399864184674.jpg (29 KB, 174x226) Image search: [Google]
1399864184674.jpg
29 KB, 174x226
>>14399310
For Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, just ask /m/
>>
>>14441401
Is he allowed to show his tattoos because he's a foreigner? Thought showing them was a strict no no in japanese tv
>>
>>14409681
>>14409681
>>14409681
>Its aired in Mexico by Canal Once (IPN)

Really? what time? I want to see that shit
>>
>>14448432
Where'd you get that from? Which century do you think this is?
>>
>>14448432
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeP_PqoUxI

They can show it on TV without any problems, but in some places like onsen, for example, a public display of tattoos is still forbidden.
>>
I usually torrent individual shows, but I want to put on a Japanese TV station and just let it run in the background.

What is a good TV station to stream that has modern sitcoms, variety shows, movies and such?
>>
>>14399857
I love that artsy thing.
>>
>>14452543
When was this?
>>
>>14447599
the sexual fantasy of a virgin crackerass cracker
>>
File: rav20151209031739.jpg (186 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
rav20151209031739.jpg
186 KB, 768x1024
>>
>>14458553
lol
>>
>>14441401
Man, what an Alpha. All those women are staring intensely at him, they know what they want.
>>
Hey guy from 2013 TV threads that suggested some Korean variety shows, I finally watched Running Man.
It was pretty funny.

I watched an episode where they had some special guest they had wanted on the show for a time but never came on.
They tricked him and another guy in to thinking they were removing people from the game, but the other 8 were actually getting caught on purpose so they would win.
And another one from the Yoo-ames Bond specials where they had to stealth eliminate people with a stained water gun.

I will also look in to Infinity Challenge at some point as well.

One thing I noticed is these have a far larger subbing community than Japanese TV seems to have (particularly Variety).
This saddens me. Especially in relation to Gaki no Tsukai, there is so many great episodes I haven't seen subbed at all.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.