[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2hu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
How does one get into Touhou?

any game that i should play first
>>
Start with EoSD and beat the games in order from there on every character you can play as.
>>
>>14360896
Start with PCB and work your way up. EoSD is worth playing but without hitbox showing in focus, it might be a bit annoying.
>>
Just fucking do anything, it isn't really that important to do anything in a specific order.
>>
>>14360911
>but without hitbox showing in focus, it might be a bit annoying

Then install a patch for it. No reason not to when every other game in the series has a visible hitbox and you can just raise the difficulty if it seems too easy for you.
>>
http://moriyashrine.weebly.com/
>>
>>14360933
>Then install a patch for it.
kids these days and their fancy patches
back in my day we played by our own skill
>>
File: 1363677352896.png (218 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1363677352896.png
218 KB, 600x600
>>14360933
>Then install a patch for it.
>>
>>14360914

exactly, for example I haven't even gotten past the 4th stage on any of the games, but I'm a true touBRO and completely dedicated to the awesomeness of touhou.
>>
>>14360896
So, are we going to get threads like these once a week or what. After a while shouldn't they be deletable like /a/'s recommendation threads?
>>
>>14362685
We've been getting these threads once a week for years. If they were gonna get deleted it would've started already.
>>
>>14360896
All peeps here are terribly wrong. Their suggestions are great, but ONLY AFTER have you answered a question 'wich 2hu wud u fug?' Then you are set, brah.
>>
>>14363067
>>14362685
We get a lot less of them than we used to.
>>
MoF.
/thread
>>
>>14360896
Best way to get into a 2hu is through the pussy :3
>>
Wasn't Imperishable night the most newbie friendly?
>>
>>14360896
my 6 year old niece managed to beat IN up to 4th stage on easy, that tells you everything
>>
File: Sakuya Whoa.png (351 KB, 370x501) Image search: [Google]
Sakuya Whoa.png
351 KB, 370x501
>>14360896
Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (aka Touhou 6). Then move up chronologically. That's the most logical route and the one I took. Anyone saying otherwise might potentially fuck it up for you with their terrible suggestion.

I dunno how much you know about Touhou so far, but if it isn't much beyond seeing fanart of it, you'll be surprised. At least I was when I first played EoSD. I already knew it was made by only one guy, but I expected it to have a more "professional" look, imagining the fan art actually being an accurate portrayal of the source material. What I got instead were amateur drawings of loli's (see pic), etcetera.

In fact I love ZUN's art style, for several reasons. If you're new to Touhou, you're almost guaranteed to see a plethora of impressive fan art before you get to play Touhou itself and see what it originally was like. Fan art provides you with a very deceptive picture, and I bet that's what turns off a lot of people from the games itself, make fun of it and remain a half-assed fan who only likes it for the fanart (and perhaps music remixes... or the fan games if you wanna go full-on pleb mode), inevitably losing interest and switching to kancolle or something else, since they were never devoted fans anyway.

But the contrast with the source material is what attracted me further to the series. Because Touhou isn't some big studio project, it's one man, who is very passionate towards danmaku and moe. Makes it more relatable than if it were some big 50+ person team title published by a large company.
>>
>>14372799
what got me off the games was how fucking awful I am at danmaku/bullet hell games

what's your opinion on that?
>>
>>14372799
How is playing fangames pleb though?
>>
File: 12235899.jpg (11 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
12235899.jpg
11 KB, 100x100
>>14372873
Define "awful". Just inherently something that's an obstacle, or not spending enough time on it to become at least decent? It sounds cliche, but everyone's awful in the beginning.

Or maybe danmaku isn't a gratifying genre to you. Which is fine, but that's what Touhou is at the core. I feel like the people who actively play the games itself are a minority.
>>
>>14372901
It's not, at least not by default. But it's silly to play the fan games while ignoring the official games.
>>
>>14372906
>everyone's awful in the beginning.
Not me.
>>
>>14360914
This.
Have fun.
Even play easy, if you desire.
You will improve no matter what you do as long as you play every week.
>>
>>14373091
> Every week

You mean every day, Bro. Once you get into 2hu, there is no way out.
>>
>>14374171
You don't need to play every day, but it certainly helps.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.