[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why havent you converted to a Japanese religion yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: zazen.jpg (2 MB, 1296x1784) Image search: [Google]
zazen.jpg
2 MB, 1296x1784
How can you claim to love their culture, if you arent embracing the foundations of it?
>>
Is being NEET count?
>>
>>14352655
Well you are living off donations like a buddhist monk. I would say you are on the right path.
>>
I love Japan period.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 400x300
>>14352653
Do you have one of these at home? I do! And it is in use for generations.
>>
If I were capable of convincing myself to believe things I'd already be living in my own little fantasy world.
>>
>>14352692
I couldnt afford furniture/decorations like that.
>>
>>14352694
>If I were capable of convincing myself to believe things
You are. You just need effort, very few people are born with tulpas.
>>
>>14352701
Imagination is the power to reshape your reality.
I could make myself believe God is made out of cheese, it doesn't mean I should
>>
>>14352696
Mine doesn't have the lamps. Also it will probably move to the oldest son when my grandmother dies.
>>
>>14352701
The only other entity that ever lived in my head told me I was a worthless shit all the time, I won't let anyone in anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 463x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 463x281
>>14352653
Can't be more Japanese than this.
>>
>>14352653
HEY WEABOOS

LIAN BOUNDLESS HAS SOMETHING TO TELL YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z2O9Nwt6c
>>
>>14352782
>my experience was terrible so yours will be too
I'm quoting the video.
>>
>>14353068
It's not exactly a secret that work conditions in Japan are absolute garbage most of the time.
>>
>>14352660
Apparently they live a great lifestyle, especially the older ones, they tend to be fucking rich
>>
>>14352782
>not a lot of live music

hollllyyy shitty how fucking retarded is this guy?
there are live shows like almost every fucking day
>>
>>14353068
Don't be a strawmanning faggot. He did say that he knows some poeple whose experience is ok, but really aren't those people probably just ultra weebs who are willing to live through all that shit?

Lian says he agrees with everything white blonde hair gaijin said.
>>
>>14352692
>>14352724
What do you do with the food you put in it? Do you just leave it there until it rots? Is there a ceremony to dispose of the rotten food? Do you ever just filch one for a snack?
>>
>>14352782
Man this Ryan guy is really going to kill himself before the age of 50 is he?

I mean I am not even a weaboo but how fucking entitled is that cunt? Japan is literally paradise on Earth compared to every country in Europe other than Denmark; Canada; Australia and the white majority states of USA.

The problem he faces are literally 0th world problems. Japan treats white people much better than the Western countries do.
>>
File: Elona mutations.png (876 KB, 1227x1200) Image search: [Google]
Elona mutations.png
876 KB, 1227x1200
>>14353487
>>
Isn't Japan majority atheist?
>>
>>14353583
Atheist in the sense that they're really superstitious and pray to stuff out of habit rather than having organized religion.
>>
>>14353586
Following religious customs out of a cultural sense is nothing exclusive to the japanese and doesn't necessarily keep you from being an atheist.

Just look at how many people go to church on christmas or something. Large parts of those would probably not consider themselves christian but go to church on christmas because that's what they've always done.
In a similar sense I wouldn't consider something like visiting a shrine on New Year's some big religious commitment.
>>
File: saintyoungmen.jpg (105 KB, 350x410) Image search: [Google]
saintyoungmen.jpg
105 KB, 350x410
I like Eastern Thought, which includes Zen Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, and Taoism.
I like Western Religion, which includes Christianity.

Jesus and Buddha are bros!
>>
>>14353261
>Japan is literally paradise on Earth compared to every country in Europe other than Denmark; Canada; Australia and the white majority states of USA.
top lel
>>
Because religion is a mental illness.
>>
>>14353608
I doubt that many self-identified atheists go to church at Christmas (unless their family forces them too).

Japanese tend to believe in the existence of 'something', but most of them are so disengaged they don't what that something is.
>>
But Buddhism isn't native Japanese religion, it's an invasive religion. That's not to say some sects did not make a uniquely Japanese take on it, and contributed to Japanese culture, but it's not the foundation.
>>
>>14353755
They don't necessarily believe in anything more than just superstition (praying for good luck before exams and buying charms and such). Much of the stuff is just done out of tradition or because it's proper. It's like how secular Jews celebrate Jewish holidays without believing in God or following Jewish dietary code.
>>
>>14353755
I go to church on christmas because it's nice. At the end they always turn off all lights with only candles illuminating and everyone sings 'Silent Night', it's really quite something. Gets you in the christmas spirit.
>>
>>14353207
We eat it after a while.
>>
>>14353723
What's so funny about this, you fucking retard?

Even by objective measures / indicators, Japan is above all countries other than the ones I listed.
>>
日本人は仏教の聖職者を信用していない
神道をバカにする人は殆ど居ない
この2つは分けて考えるべき
>>
>>14352782

Is this satire? I feel like I've seen this guy complaining a lot.
>>
>>14353079
They are actually better neets than neets.

>>14353697
>Jesus and Buddha are bros!
>Implying they arent the same person reincarnated

>>14353762
It's been there a long time, and I would argue it's become a part of their culture. Like Christianity and Europe.
>>
File: actress 5.gif (881 KB, 160x170) Image search: [Google]
actress 5.gif
881 KB, 160x170
>>14353261
>Japan is literally paradise on Earth compared to every country in Europe other than Denmark; Canada; Australia and the white majority states of USA.
lmfao
this is what virgin never-left-my-mothers-basement having weaboo crackerass crackers actually believe
>>
>>14354470
Woah, you sure told him. Now you can go back to reddit or whatever place you came from.

Thank you very much for your valid input.
>>
>>14354473
>talking about themselves in third-person
nice try cracker
>>
>>14354470
No, there's a website that compares the quality of life across multiple statistics and for overall score Japan is in top 5 after Canada which is almost always at #1, Australia which is #2, and maybe one or two more countries. USA as a whole doesn't even make it to top 10 obviously.
>>
>>14354690
Since Mappleland and Kangarooland are not loli friendly Japan is the best choice!
>>
>>14354690
How can Australia reach a high ranking in quality of life when every god-damn bug is either deadly poisonous or huge like cattle, or both? Fucking Australia, it's literally hell on earth.
>>
>>14352701
I think a tulpa would literally blow my head apart. I already have huge problems with very unpleasant thoughts. Not sure if impulsive and uncontrollable thought behavior go together.
>>
>>14354698
Exactly.

>>14354717
It helps prevent diversity / cult. enrichment from reaching them.
>>
>>14352653
I'm not that much of a weeaboo, also not even Japs care about their own religions these days. Nobody really believes in power spots.
>>
>>14352782
>Ugly white men confused about not getting pussy abroad
Wow, oh no, how sad
>>
>>14354750
I doubt that's the case. Lian gets all the 40+ year old pussy with his gaijin muscles and the other white guy probably knows his place / fate as a permavirgin.
>>
>>14352782
>First guy is fucking ancient
>Second guy is a fat fuck
I am neither
>>
>>14354470

Japan has its problems like anywhere else. but it's still a first world country with an excellent standard of living. much lower crime rate, too.
>>
>>14352782
So China is the true promised land for us ugly white men?
>>
>>14355108
>much lower crime rate
What does this even mean? People say this, but then it's well known that prostitution and gambling is rampant even though it's illegal, and there is plenty of organized crime. Does it mean lower gas station robbery and shooting rates? Can't be theft, people talk about having their bikes and stuff stolen all the time. Can't be sex crimes either. What crimes are considered when saying Japan has a low crime rate?
>>
>>14355186
It means police/gov is turning more blinds eyes to it so it makes japan looks better
>>
>>14355186

most stats I've seen give very good ratings to Japan. in particular, violent crime is lower compared to many other countries, it has one of the lowest murder rates.

you brought up vice and petty theft which are not that serious.

my point is that Japan is not a utopia but it's still an excellent place.
>>
>>14355186
>>14355186
>What does this even mean?
Less crime per 100 000 habitants

>but then it's well known that prostitution and gambling is rampant even though it's illegal
The most common ones are not really breaking the law but abusing loopholes.

>and there is plenty of organized crime.
Not really

Does it mean lower gas station robbery and shooting rates?
That too

>Can't be theft, people talk about having their bikes and stuff stolen all the time.
Yes, it can. But Japanese have higher standards over what is considered safe. Here the locks just impede someone without a tool from getting on the bike and pedal away. You can very well just get any of those locked bikes in your car and drive away. And even the bicycle steal rate is very low. Again the Japanese just make a big deal when some crime happens when in other countries people don't even report it to the police.

>Can't be sex crimes either.
Yes, it can.

>What crimes are considered when saying Japan has a low crime rate?
All of them
>>
File: 244_c2.jpg (110 KB, 750x1099) Image search: [Google]
244_c2.jpg
110 KB, 750x1099
I love the japanese culture , religions and history...

but my friends, in the end of my days i shall take place in the Halls of Valhalla like my fathers
>>
>>14355257
Only if you die in battle them you have 50% of chance of going to Valhalla
http://youtu.be/MV5w262XvCU

And no, die of heart attack while playing games online doesn't counts as death in battle.
>>
>>14355241
>which are not that serious.
Crime is crime. If you means murders are low then say murders are low. You can't say crime is low if you won't be killed but you'll still encounter lots of crime.
>>
>>14355299

overall you won't encounter lots of crime, that's my point. I've heard that even petty crime is less than in other countries. there is the yakuza but that gets exaggerated.

Japan having a very low rate of murder, robbery, rape, and violent crime in general is well established. there are lots of stats to support this.
>>
>>14355299
Except you don't by living in such low crime country Japanese people makes a big deal of any occurrence. In my country when someone is kidnapped you don't see it in the media unless that person is related to someone famous or influent. In Japan if some nobody is kidnapped the news will keep showing it every day until the case is solved. Exactly because the crimes are so uncommon they will talk about it more while in places where they are common there is no point about talking about it every time it happens or else you would talk about them exclusivelly.
>>
>>14355257
You've been watching too much Mad Max, lay it off firend.
>>
Zen Buddhism gives me a headache and I dont understand any of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 342x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 342x325
>>14355468
Monkey detected!
>>
>>14355519
Nah I'm white. I just cant be bothered for paradoxical bulshit.

I also doubt black people exist on /jp/ niggaboos are casuals who just like persona and fighting games.
>>
>>14355315
No the other anon's right. With the abundance of Yakuza that you will have no contact with as a foreigner and stories about people getting their bikes stolen by drunk salaryman, the entire country is basically Syria. I pray that you never walk into a pachinko parlor and technically not commit a crime, adding you to the leagues of criminals that are clearly relavent when talking about crime rates.
>>
>>14355529
I was reffering to the monkey from the tale a Journey to the west that Dragonball is loosely based on. The monk of the story keeps a hold of the monkey by chanting sutras that makes the headband on his head cause unbearable headache.
>>
>>14356022
>With the abundance of Yakuza
Lol no

>and stories about people getting their bikes stolen by drunk salaryman
Again, exactly because this is uncommon that people tell those stories. Do bikes get stolen in your country? Why people don't talk about them? Because it is a common occurrence in your country but not in Japan. Going back to the kidnap example. Another day a girl was kidnapped in Japan and every day they would talk about it in the news while in Brazil people get kidnapped every day but you don't hear about it exactly because it happens all the time.
>Brazil officially recorded 319 kidnapping cases in 2011. But because express kidnaps—the most common type of extortion scheme in Brazil—are not included in official kidnapping stats, our analysis suggests that well over 6,000 kidnappings take place each year.
But by your logic, there must be more kidnapping in Japan because it shows up in the news more right?
>>
File: 1447586935535.jpg (20 KB, 441x415) Image search: [Google]
1447586935535.jpg
20 KB, 441x415
>>14356062
How dumb of a post for me to make anon, you sure showed me.
>>
>>14354690
Link?
>>
>>14356251
Yeah, Brazil have kidnapping every day but only 0.1% of them receive media coverage while Japan have 1~2 per year and all of them receive intense media coverage. This is the difference. Japan talk a lot about every crime that happen because they are not common.
>>
>>14356062
Depending on where you are, if you are in Kabukicho, yes there is an abundance of Yaks
>>
>>14356024
>A monk controls him
How the fuck does this work? Ok he gets headahces and I ahvent read JttW. But Sun Wukong was overpowered as fuck, he was like something of fanfiction.net especially when he got his justice eyes.
>>
So what I gather, is that crime doesn't exist unless someone is killed? And low crime just means low injury or death, regardless if you'll lose everything else but your life?
>>
>>14354735
Aren't they full of Indians and Chinese now?
>>
>>14355286
>Only if you die in battle them you have 50% of chance of going to Valhalla
What the fuck, norse afterlife is RNG based?
>>
>>14356062
Bike theft actually happens quite a lot in Japan.
>>
File: image.jpg (651 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
651 KB, 1920x1200
>>14356402
Chosen by Odin, half of those who die in combat travel to Valhalla upon death, led by valkyries, while the other half go to the goddess Freyja's field Fólkvangr.
>>
>>14354468
But it's not the foundation. A pillar maybe.
>>
>>14356436
I would say pillars are foundations.
>>
>>14356417
Considering the numbers of bikes the chances of you having your bike stolen is tiny. Chances are that you parked it in a no parking zone, left it for over 24 hours and it was taken be the government.

>>14356395
Reading comprehension, use it! They have vending machines outside with 0 supervision. Do you think something like that wouldn't be robbed if crimes were common?
>>
>love their culture
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 470x313
>>14356363
>Five centuries later, the Bodhisattva Guanyin went out in search for disciples who could protect a pilgrim from the East to journey to India to retrieve the Buddhist sutras. In hearing this, Sun Wukong offered to serve this pilgrim, Xuanzang, a monk of the Tang Dynasty, in exchange for his freedom after the pilgrimage was complete. Guanyin understood that the monkey would be hard to control, and therefore gave Xuanzang a gift from the Buddha: a magical headband which, once Sun Wukong was tricked into putting it on himself, could never be removed. With a special chant, the band would tighten and cause unbearable pain to the monkey's head. To be fair, Guanyin also gave Sun Wukong three special hairs, which could be used in dire emergencies. Under Xuanzang's supervision, Sun Wukong was allowed to journey to the West.
>>
>>14356442
>Considering the numbers of bikes the chances of you having your bike stolen is tiny
This is true everywhere but the worst shitholes.
>>
>>14356442
>They have vending machines outside with 0 supervision. Do you think something like that wouldn't be robbed if crimes were common?
Honestly, people break INTO places to rob them all the time and I have never heard of a vending machine being robbed. I doubt people would rob random street machines, especially in this modern world with cameras everywhere. Also there are people fucking everywhere. Do you think they'll band together, smash the machine and take everything, or that one person could sneak up and do it?

I mean hell, if they're going to rob a vending machine, they may as well rob an ATM which are outside and everywhere. If they just want the stuff in it, they can go shoplift.
>>
>>14356451
I mean, the chances are lower. There is nothing impeding me from leaving home with a plier, get one of those bikes left all night in the street and take it back with me but since their police don't have much to do they will actually investigate even crimes like this.
>>
>>14356446
I dont think you understand how bullshit wukong was.

>Sun Wukong later single-handedly defeated the Army of Heaven's 100,000 celestial warriors - each fight an equivalent of a cosmic embodiment, including all 28 constellations, four heavenly kings, and Nezha, the son of Li Jiang Jun who proved himself worthy - and proved himself equal to the best of Heaven's generals, Erlang Shen. Eventually, through the teamwork of Taoist and Buddhist forces, including the efforts from some of the greatest deities, and then finally by Bodhisattva of mercy, Guanyin, Sun Wukong was captured. After several failed attempts at execution, Sun Wukong was locked into Laozi's eight-way trigram Crucible to be distilled into an elixir, (so that Laozi could regain his "pills of longevity"), by the most sacred and the most severe samadhi fires. After 49 days, however, when the cauldron was opened, Sun Wukong jumped out, stronger than ever before. He now had the ability to recognize evil in any form through his huǒyǎn-jīnjīng (火眼金睛) (lit. "golden-gaze fiery-eyes "), an eye condition that also gave him a weakness to smoke, and proceeded to destroy Heaven's remaining forces.

A fucking headband is nothing in comparison.
>>
>>14356466
http://youtu.be/rnR8EjdZQhs

Also Japan have less security cameras than other countries I have been, New Zealand included. The security in their stores is terrible lacking exactly because the crime rates are absurdly low.
>>
>>14356476
What part of "magic" you didn't understand?
>>
>>14356476
The headband was specially made by the Buddha to fuck up Sun Wukong's shit, who could stomp his shit in as easily as breathing.
>>
>>14356476
I think you should take another look at the image attached to the post you replied to.
>>
>>14356480
>Also Japan have less security cameras than other countries I have been
You haven't been in those camera threads /jp/ used to have, have you?
>>
File: 1445679635316.jpg (583 KB, 1212x1495) Image search: [Google]
1445679635316.jpg
583 KB, 1212x1495
Praise Buddha.
>>
>>14356277
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report
etc
IHDI is probably the one you want
>>
>>14355246
>country with, somehow, magically, one of the highest conviction rates in all the civilized world
>somehow also, quite magically, has one of the lowest crime rates
Or maybe they handle crime poorly and misreport as much as they can?
>>
Can't believe that the /jp/ dweebs are actually doubting the Japanese crime rates. It makes no sense at all.

Do you even know how fucking insane the police / prosecution in Japan is? You can easily go to jail even without actually committing any crime at all. It's only natural that people will try their hardest to try to avoid having anything to do with anything that may be interpreted as a crime. (Yes it's worded silly because in Japan you can go to jail for killing an infant if said infant died after the person driving the car [not you] crashed into you [it wasn't your fault at all? no one cares, to jail you go!].)
>>
>>14356658
Japan is a country of appearances. The most talked-about phenomenon is the classification of not-suicides under the suicide category, so people get suspicious. Obviously it's way better than any third-world shithole.

>You can easily go to jail even without actually committing any crime at all.
You can do this in America without very much effort. And if the wrong person gets prosecuted, it means that the perpetrator is walking. So much for that 100% conviction rate.
>>
>>14356678
>You can do this in America without very much effort.
Yes you can, but the justice system is nowhere near as insane as in Japan. The have a 99% conviction rate. It makes the Gyakuten games look like utopian fantasies in comparison.
>>
>>14356694
>but the justice system is nowhere near as insane as in Japan.
As long as you can afford a lawyer, anyway.
>>
>>14356705
Or are a white guy. If you're a white woman then you're pretty much invulnerable.
>>
If there are any Taoist temples there, I'll most definitely become a monk.
Do I need to be a citizen to be a monk there?
>>
>>14352782
>people complaining that their lives suck in Japan
>they go over as english teachers
Well, there is your problem.
>>
>>14356735
Taoism is Chinese isnt it?

How do I get into Taoism? I read the Tao te Ching and I didnt understand it.
>tfw you dont understand a bunch of eastern religions
Why cant it be simple like abrahamic ones where it's clear orders from "god"?

Reading Zen Buddhist stuff is just nonsensical.
>Muh emptiness
>But the emptiness isnt a void or lack of mental activity
Then it's not fucking empty. Is Shunry Suzuki good for beginners? Because all I got from his book is the above confusing thing, and how sitting with the correct posture is somehow the most important thing in Zen Buddhism.
>>
>>14356841
From China, yes.

And Taoism is like the most "complex" in my opinion of the Eastern faiths and philosophies, but at the same time (which I'm sure you'll point out is yet another contradiction that you can't seem to grasp with Zen Buddhism) it's the most simplistic.
Start with regular ol Buddhism. It's stuff your average person can relate to and follow. Then moe to Zen Buddhism, then at that point Taoism should be easy to follow.
For Tao te Ching, you gotta sort of feel it, not think about it logically.
>>
>>14356841
Same guy who replied to you, for regular Buddhism, check out Thich Nhat Hanh's The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching.
>>
File: alan-watts-south-park.gif (11 KB, 396x298) Image search: [Google]
alan-watts-south-park.gif
11 KB, 396x298
Look up Alan Watts for Eastern Thought and Christianity.
Get his books or audio CDs.
Go to websites Deoxy, Erowid, and Youtube.
>>
>>14356496
Yes, and?
>>
>>14356645
If impunity is not likely crime will become less common. People are more inclined to commit crimes when they know the police doesn't give a fuck.

If you want to keep looking for excuses to ignore statistics from multiple international organs and believe in stuff you get from your ass /x/ is where you should go.
>>
>>14357100
>Muh wikipedia infographics are the absolute truth

>>14357091
You'd see there are cameras everywhere. What are you, from UK?
>>
>>14357115

More truth to them than the baseless claims of some anonymous person that they just fake having a low crime rate, honest!
>>
>>14356556

I want to go forth and multiply with Byakuren!
>>
>>14357115
The fact that there are many cameras online doesn't means that the total of security cameras are high. Many stores have few cameras and very spaced between them, smaller ones don't have cameras at all and the cashier often is located in odd positions so he can't really control who comes in or out of the store. The ones in New Zealand were full of cameras and the ones in poorer countries like Brazil not only have cameras but also have people watching the store. Curiously New Zealand seemed to have more cameras than Brazil even though Brazil have a much higher shoplifting rates.

Also this >>14357121

There are many international organizations taking care of statistics like this. And they are more reliable than some fag spouting shit our of his ass.
>>
>>14357249
>There are many international organizations taking care of statistics like this
Like how Greece fabricated its financial statistics wholesale and submitted them to an international organization who said that everything looked perfectly fucking fine?
>>
>>14357285
Like how people on the internet claims that the govern is controlled by aliens and that the Earth is hollow and we actually live inside it. Even if sometimes it fails it is still infinitely more reliable than stuff some fag said online.
>>
>>14352782
What is he expecting when he doesn't speak Japanese?
>>
>>14357297
Do you actually think that this universe was an accident despite perfect geometrically sound patterns everywhere. You're being controlled.
>>
You can't just convert to Shinto, though. It is an ethnic religion, meaning you can become a believer only by ethnicity. Maybe if one moved to Japan and lived there and integrated into their culture well enough (if this is possible), one could "convert" to it.

My thoughts are pretty buddhist already. Granted its kind of sort of a western hedonist buddhism.
>>
>>14357318
This matter is unrelated to our existence, cannot be comprehended, therefore even talking about it is meaningless.
>>
>>14357347
http://www.greenshinto.com/wp/2013/05/22/florian-wiltschko/
>>
>>14356451
Not really. I live in a nice nordic country, bikes getting stolen is very common.
And I mean that, savvy people are starting to avoid certain brands of bikes because they get stolen all the time.

>>14357362
You indeed need to be in Japan to be shinto.
>>
>>14357305
But he says he is speak Japanese?
>>
lmao mfw dirty white piggu gaijin wants to join the racially exclusive Japanese religion club.
>>
>>14357318
God created the universe and everything in it four years ago.
>>
>>14357347
Just show up in the temple and join the festivals like the Japanese do.

Shintoism is not like Christianism/Judaism/Islamism that have initiation rituals and shit.
>>
>>14357666
Maybe I should've emphasized geographical location. One definitely can't become shinto outside of Japan.
>>
>>14357755
Now what do you mean "become"?
I mean, if anyone feels strongly about any kind of faith, nothing is stopping them from following it's rituals and ideals on their own, so for all general intents and purposes, that person is Shintoist if they'd like to be.
Now if they want to be recognized by other "actual" Shintoists, then an issue arises obviously.

In all honesty, the nationalist ideology still present in Shinto is what's holding it back and even contradicts it's own sentiments.
>>
>>14357569
but it's not racially exclusive Japanese religion club

plenty of Koreans/Chinese/etc in it
>>
>>14357799
What I mean is, the belief itself is tied to the region.

There just isn't really any shinto elsewhere. No way to practice the religion according to its beliefs.
And spreading elsewhere / searchng for converts is not built into shinto like it is built into (for example) christianity and islam.

But of course, inside your mind, you can believe and be whatever you want to.
>>
If a white girl walks into a shirne and asks to be a miko, would they let her?
>>
>>14357840
>>14357799
>>14357755
Shinto existed before Japan.
http://www.tsubakishrine.com/
>>
>>14357840
Well the belief itself outside of the rituals and mythological aspect is purely animistic like any other ancient faith. Obviously those two things are what distinguish it from the others.
>>
>>14357841
Probably they won't let a random girl become a miko independently of ethnical group.
>>
>>14357841
only after the perverted old Japanese man head honcho of the temple has his way with her, hehehe
>>
>>14357860
I thought mikoing was more like a part time job nowadays
>>
>>14357883
Does that mean I could hire someone to handle my mikoing needs?
>>
>>14356439
Pillars are built on top of foundations, even if they support other things.
>>
>>14352653

It's not really organized religion, just a collection of folk practices based in animism. It was heavily influenced by buddhism later.
>>
>>14357956
I'm sure there are also delivery (spiritual) health mikos in this day and age.
>>
>>14357967
It got pretty organized with state Shinto. It's not like Siddhartha started out with an organized religion.
>>
>>14357975

It's not like someone made a book called shinto 101 and people around the world follow its core beliefs. You go ask anyone in japan about their cultural practices and there's no uniformity outside of geography. It's not very comparable to organized religion. Most people in japan perform shinto practices without claiming to practice shinto. Religion is a western invention used to describe japanese practices. State shinto isn't even a japanese concept, it's an american invention from the occupation in an attempt to rationalize japanese resistance to american aggression.
>>
>>14357985
>State shinto isn't even a japanese concept
So you saying the emperor never used it to prove his divinity and whatnot?
>>
>>14357985
State Shinto was a direct organ of the government, and like in previous eras where religious practitioners were not actually literate and laymen didn't read holy scriptures, it served as a means of justification and indoctrination. The misconception that state Shinto did not exist was because the occupation directive on dismantling it focused on Shrines, which were not the centers of the Imperial Cult. The problem if your definition of religion is false, and you hold everything up to the standard of an organized religion like Christianity t hat operates internationally, and in general separate from the state.
>>
>>
>>14356923
>Let a white guy teach you about Buddhism
Horrible idea. ALways make sure your teachers/authors are asians who lived in Asia.

>>14357387
>Not really. I live in a nice nordic country, bikes getting stolen is very common.
Well Somali's are black so no suprise. Sorry about your bike Sven.

>>14357347
>hedonist buddhism
How the fuck can this even exist?
I know westerners fuck up Buddhism completely, but given all the shit about how desire and materialism = evil, ho the hell can you be buddhist and hedonist? Or are you a special snowflake who just believes in pantheism, but realizes that doesnt sound special anymore?

>>14358065
I dont know why, but this image makes me angry. Maybe it's becuase they arent Japanese and remind me of non whites claiming to be parts of asatru groups (Which are all about kin, folk and being born into the groups).
>>
>>14358136
How is it any different from asians following western religions? I mean, what, some of the most important theologians of this century have been asians, writing books like The Pain of God and such.
>>
>>14358183
I havent seen Asians mutilate Christianity, like whites and Buddhists. Lets be honest here, you have probably met a hipster claiming to be buddhist, would you honestly say he/she was a good representation of the religion?
>>
>japanese buddhism
>marriage as monk
>sex as monk
>drinking as monk
>violence as monk
>no actual meditation thats useful for edification
Literally degenerate garbage.
>>
>>14358288
Who are ye quoting?
>>
>>14358288
>>violence as monk
Nothing wrong with this.
Afghanistan used to have Buddhists.
Indonesia used to have Buddhists.
They didnt use violence and are now muslim.
Burma is still Buddhist and they are using violence to keep muslims in line.

There is nothing wrong with violence if it is to protect Buddhism.
Think about it, humans are stuck in a cycle of rebirth where only Nirvana helps you escape. Buddhism is the path to Nirvana, without Buddhism you are stuck in the eternal cycle. Buddhism must be fought for, it must be protected so that future generations can escape the endless suffering of the cycle.
If you dont protect it, you are just damning future people to be trapped, likewise you yourself may be one of those people if you failed to reach Nirvana.

Zen is worst Buddhism though. I would say Theravada is best.
>>
>>14358306
Theravada is too rigid in its rules that it sometimes forget the spirit of the Buddha's teachings.

I'd agree in saying Theravada might be best but mahayana is close by. Zen's deviancy is something thats dangerous and not-very buddhism like. However I think its not just Zen that allows marriage/sex/alcohol/etc in Japanese Buddhism, I'm pretty sure its most/majority of the Buddhist sects in Japan are like this too due to a change in monastic code during meiji era.
>>
>>14358306
>Zen is worst Buddhism though
Please elaborate.
>>
>>14358346
Theravada: sticks to rigid traditional rules, problems are minimal since its largely unchanged since old times
Chinese: early mahayana development, mainly based on devotional school
TIbetan: later mahayana development (also vajrayana) mainly scholastic with fringes of tantric
Zen: Based on Chinese + Japanese deviancies like sex/marriage/alcohol/violent. All things that basic buddhist try to avoid.
>>
>>14358065
THIS IS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION AAAAAA!!!
>>
>>14358322
Theravada is most pure. Much like Christianity, Orthodox is pure, where Catholic is bogged down with extra bullshit added on to scripture, that ens up changing the group from the original way.
Zen is just Mormons or the batshit protestant sects.

>>14358346
Furthest from Buddha's teachings and scripture.
When I say worst I dont mean Zen Buddhism is bad. I mean it's the furthest branch from the original.
>>
>>14358065
>'America' on the lamp
hahaha
>>
>>14358452
Both orthodox/catholic are not pure. The purest christian sect is gnostics since they are the oldest and are most direct. Thats because both orthodox/catholics are products of monarchy and centralization of power to the church/pope.
>>
>>14358475
To say that Gnosticism is somehow the most pure form of Christianity is just stupid on its face.
>>
>>14358467
Holy shit didn't even notice.

What the fuck does that even mean in this context?
>>
Black guy here, I'm gonna go to Japan and spread my black bull seed all over Japanese qts and inside their vaginas (even if they say no/use a condom I will throw it away before climax to impregnate them).

Ooga booga.
>>
>>14358560
Post pics of your dick please.
>>
>>14358568
>trying to get me banned
Nice try cracker. #Mizzou
>>
>>14358475
Only Gnostics were a branch from the same peoing as the original church, that then became the orthodox church after Catholics deviated.

GNosticism itself relies on heretical scripture that contradics the rest of Christian scripture, and adds retarded concepts like how Jesus wasnt human or physical.

>>14358560
>Jap girls
>Dating blacks
But lets pretend you did. Aboprtion isnt a stigma in Japan, and they would be shamed if they were single moms with half black kids.
>>
>>14358584
I'm going to kill all the abortion doctors first then. Ooga me smash doctor skull booga.
>>
>>14358604
>>14358560
Troll harder, donkey kong.
>>
>>14358357
>implying zen is not a rational men's take-up evolution of primitive buddhism
You know, to better fit the modern world...
>>
>>14358452
Full Definition of WORST

superlative of bad or of ill
1 : most corrupt, bad, evil, or ill <his worst fault>

Source : Merriam-Webster
>>
>>14358560
Your semen is still white though
>>
>>14358726
>1 : most corrupt,
>Corrupt
>: to change (something) so that it is less pure or valuable
>: to change (a book, computer file, etc.) from the correct or original form

Source : Merriam-Webster
>>
>>14358584
It's like people do not remember about the Gaijin Smash guy nowadays.
>>
>>14358584
Gnostics were painted as heretics because it didn't fit the central power narrative. Power bestowed to the Church/Pope fit well with the Roman rule, the power to people and knowledge didn't.
>>
File: _52157235_tyingtheknot[1].jpg (114 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
_52157235_tyingtheknot[1].jpg
114 KB, 976x549
>>
File: african_styling+029[1].jpg (282 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
african_styling+029[1].jpg
282 KB, 1200x1600
>>
>>14358011

No, I'm saying the phrase state shinto, as in shinto recognized and organized by the state, is a falsification of the american occupation. America made it sound like shinto is a religion practiced separately from japanese culture and ideals. In reality it is that same culture and ideals. America was obsessed with dismantling japanese culture so imperial japan could never be created again, hence why japan is returning to conservatism. They are rediscovering true japanese culture, not the american culture that was forced upon them.

>>14358037

My definition isn't false, yours is. Religion is buddhism, hence why shinto exists alongside buddhism. If shinto was a faith, it would conflict with other religions. Shinto is literally japanese culture.
>>
WOW SURE IS OTAKU CULTURE IN HERE
>>
>>14352782
What the fuck do people think Japan is like?

This whole video is pretty clearly about a guy with a terrible manager who was completely incompetent, and his main reason for picking the fucking company was that they offered free Japanese lessons.

Also, he was too stupid to realise that an actual Japanese teacher teaches them "English", and he's literally just there so the school can say they have a native teacher.
>>
>>14358136
Why you talkin shit about pantheism, family?
>>
>>14359208
It's hippie bullshit.
>>
>>14358452
Zen's not that far man. If anything some of the smaller schools of Buddhism in medieval Japan were far farther. Nichiren's for example.
>>
>>14359210
>hippie bullshit
Ah so you don't have an actual argument. Alright.
>>
>>14352653
I don't (claim to) love their culture. I like their otaku culture. Learn the difference and/or fuck off.
>>
>>14359053
my baby mama in the background 2nd from the left
>>
>>14358283
>hipster
Have you seen the retardshit that is Pure Land Buddhism for "authentic" Asians?
>>
File: good lord.jpg (90 KB, 624x416) Image search: [Google]
good lord.jpg
90 KB, 624x416
>>14358283
>I havent seen Asians mutilate Christianity
>>
>>14359054
What is her expression trying to convey?
>>
File: 1422605109949-0.jpg (664 KB, 1141x1158) Image search: [Google]
1422605109949-0.jpg
664 KB, 1141x1158
>>14359440
I take back what I said.
Japanese Christians (who arent Orthodox or Catholic) not even once. That shit is worse than mormons.
>>
Im not a faggot weeb
>>
>>14359466
>Im not a faggot weeb - anon posting on /jp/ - Otaku Culture
>>
>>14359463
>Japanese Catholic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakure_Kirishitan
>>
>>14359061
Why are otaku works so obsessed with Judeo-Christianity? Both anime and games tend to be oddly referencing stuff like angels, monotheistic god, or making expy versions of catholic churches, either as the bad or good guys, or just as the background religion. Sometimes they'll disguise it with goddesses or something that is still suspiciously catholic in the end. The most you ever hear of Buddhism is maybe a perverted monk or someone talking about reincarnation occasionally, and shinto stuff only shows up if they want a theme involving gods/youkai interacting(such as touhou) or dwell on the miko type character as anything more than a fetish outfit, which is still usually reduced to mikos throwing talisman at evil spirits. (Star Driver is probably the last thing I can think of where miko did shinto-eqsue things besides sweeping outside a shrine. I was going to use Blue Seed as an example too, but even there the miko just kinda threw talismans at stuff and wasn't a big character.)

It's not just random words and concepts either, A Judeo-Christian-esque god almost seems like the default. Do the Christians control otaku media in Japan like people think Jewish control media in America? I can't imagine they'd be that influenced by it to have it show up that much.

Do they really like the idea of angels, organs, church bells(although it might be stretching to call western weddings "Christian" weddings, but how many of those do you see vs Japanese style weddings?), and an all powerful singular god that much?

For that matter why is it relatively rare to have anything but memedemons(either succubi or bishounen with the generic names from the ones associated with Solomon).

Is the idea of demon a bit harder to grasp for them, or are they of the belief that angels can only tempt humans, rather than the whole fallen angels turned into monsters who oppose God thing? Basically God's been the enemy in stuff a lot more than I've seen a devil enemy, to the point I can only thing of things that were symbolic rather than literal God vs devil. They seem to be more about a demon world with demons as a completely seperate thing.
>>
>>14359574
Read up the history of Christianity in Japan is it will clear up why symbolism, mysticism and secret knowledge play a huge role in the Japanese understanding of Christianity.

See
>>14359526

>The most you ever hear of Buddhism is maybe a perverted monk or someone talking about reincarnation occasionally,
Because Buddhism is either genuinely 2deep4u or boring pleb shit. It comes up a lot in historical anime because of the power structures, and off the top of my head, Anime for adults like Hyougemono (and I mean for adults, not edgemaster tweens) does tackle Buddhism in some context.

> shinto stuff only shows up if they want a theme involving gods/youkai interacting(such as touhou) or dwell on the miko type character as anything more than a fetish outfit, which is still usually reduced to mikos throwing talisman at evil spirits.
There are lots of Shinto themes. They're just not in chuuni anime you like to watch. Shinto is generally not an extremely deep religion, but it's a common theme in comedies, or for say, the best known anime director in the west, with Spirited Away, Monoke, and Totoro. If you get the feeling there's no doctrine or deeper meaning, it's because there really isn't one. Totoro best explains the feelings of awe, veneration and closeness to kami.

>It's not just random words and concepts either, A Judeo-Christian-esque god almost seems like the default. Do the Christians control otaku media in Japan like people think Jewish control media in America? I can't imagine they'd be that influenced by it to have it show up that much.
Just stop watching chuuni shit. And to make things easier, yes, they sometimes use a generic all powerful creator. Christianity isn't the only religion with an all powerful creator. If a Japanese person prays to god, that's because it's easier to pray to a singular all powerful god than it is to figure out which kami does what.

>For that matter why is it relatively rare to have anything but memedemons(either succubi or bishounen with the generic names from the ones associated with Solomon).
Because they're tropes, and memedemons had the same following in the west when the occult was a hobby. Japan also likes the western fantasy setting just as much as the west, which is obviously influenced by such things.

>Is the idea of demon a bit harder to grasp for them, or are they of the belief that angels can only tempt humans, rather than the whole fallen angels turned into monsters who oppose God thing? Basically God's been the enemy in stuff a lot more than I've seen a devil enemy, to the point I can only thing of things that were symbolic rather than literal God vs devil. They seem to be more about a demon world with demons as a completely separate thing.
Because they think it's cool. It's rule of cool for your chuuni this. It's not some sort of theological conspiracy.
>>
>>14359440
>Jesus was crucified for being a weeaboo
>>
Buddhism looks pretty cool, but I'm not interested in this whole giving up on desires things. Can we still make this work?
>>
>>14359574
It's more dramatic and fresh to them, they've already got thousands of years of Shinto related material. That being said most Japanese writers don't actually sit down and read the bible so they only go off of shit they've seen in other stuff. There's also the western influence in their entertainment in general to consider, which as we know has the same deity you're referring to as the default too.

It's actually pretty common for them to do a shinto wedding and a western style one (complete with some random foreigner they pay to dress up like a priest), for a lot of the same reasons i outlined above.

Don't have any insight on the last bit. Maybe that's the result of looking at the Christian idea of demons through a Shinto lens?

The memedemons (i'm assuming you're only referring to stuff that isn't explicitly based on Shinto) is are because if you took away the black lipstick or pointy ears or whatever tiny change they made, they'd basically just be normal people, and that's really easy to draw.
>>
>>14359641
No, it's just army of demons thing is cool. See Hellboy, etc.

Many western media publications were legitimately scared to publish things with demonology because of Christian backlash, so they resorted to generic army of skeletons or army of zombies.

Remember the meme that D&D causes children to be violent murdering godless wickan satanists?
>>
>>14359630
You use chuuni a lot and then promote comedies. I would like to say that comedies are largely tripe. I don't really watch "chuuni" stuff in particular anyway.(although with the way you throw that word around, "chuuni anime" is probably any anime you don't watch.) Mostly what I prefer to watch is 2deep4u stuff leaning on artsy-fartsy. Honestly I'd probably watch an anime that went about Buddhism in detail.
>>
>>14359719
>You use chuuni a lot and then promote comedies. I would like to say that comedies are largely tripe. I don't really watch "chuuni" stuff in particular anyway.(although with the way you throw that word around, "chuuni anime" is probably any anime you don't watch.)
I didn't say comedies are superior to chuuni shit. Stop getting offended I called your anime chuuni. The kind of anime you are describing with Christian symbolism without Christian content are almost by definition chuuni. I don't know what else you want me to call them. You basically described what chuuni means, don't get offended when it's called chuuni. If you got offended because I said shit, it's like saying faggot instead of guy. It's synonymous with stuff on 4chan.

I clearly explained the different roles the different religions play in the psyche of the Japanese.

Shinto is more closely associated with day to day life, it's not taken extremely seriously, and it's more whimsical and plays to Japanese spirituality.

The history of hidden Christians in Japan very much explains some of the esoteric perception of Christianity as deep, foreign and mystical. And much of the stuff you think "Christianity" is actually occult writings and kabbalah, which both have a similar sense of mysticism surrounding them in the west.

>Honestly I'd probably watch an anime that went about Buddhism in detail.
That's because you're guilty of the same foreign=cool mentality of the Japanese. You wouldn't watch a Christian Cartoon would you? Or do you have a VHS shelf full of Veggie Tales?
>>
>>14356428
That field has cute Valkyries?
>>
I would like to believe on the animalistic part of the religion, having shrines for animals and their spirits walking around is too comfy.
>>
>>14359850
You're either projecting a lot or making a lot of assumptions.

Also I didn't mean Christian -symbolism-, I mean outright, the personal belief of characters or the setup of their universe seems to be Christianish at a rate higher than I'd expect. Although Japs would probably accept a universe where there were angels and kami and not care.

Also I used to watch Superbook sometimes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superbook This too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flying_House_%28TV_series%29 so fuck you.
>>
>>14359640
Be nice to others.

The alternative route to being free from harmful desires
>>
>>14360328
Dude, you were just talking about armies of memedemons and shit. Get your act together. Now you're projecting your Christian values on everything. Go watch some Veggie Tales.
>>
>>14358136
"Hedonist buddhism" is sort of a joke for me, because the appropriation of some buddhist though into western hedonistic capitalist ideology is sort of...perfect.

Participate in capitalism and consumerism, but keep a mental distance because caring too much leads to suffering and so on. Be as hedonist as you wish to, but don't get too attached to it. It is not real buddhism, yes, but rather a perfect combination to keep from going insane.
>>
>>14360328
>Good Riddance - The death of King Herod.
Hahah.
>>
>>14359630
>Anime for adults like Hyougemono
>laughingdaimyo.jpg
>>
>>14361676
You could have picked any hyougemono.jpg for this. Any. but you didn't.
>>
bump for more hilarious japan discussion xd
>>
>>14360710
>I'm a hedonist, but I'm not attatched to it
Only you are. You cant be a hedonist and then pretend you arent attatched to it. If you werent, you wouldnt be a hedonist as you would be just as happy without it.

Honestly, you fit the western hipster buddhist circle pretty well. Personally I just cant stand people who claim things that are untrue. Buddhism is elimination of desire, hedonism is persuit of that desire. You cant be both. I wouldnt care if you just picked a side and admitted it, but the attempts at hiding it are what bothers me (probably because it reminds me of OWS communists with ipads).
>>
>/jp/ autistic permavirgins trying to have a 'deep' discussion about 'philosophy' and shit

I'm quoting this thread and you're all pathetic. I'm gonna blow my boyfriend Tyrone while laughing at you.
>>
>>14367703
>OWS communists with ipads)
That ain't too bad to be frank. You don't need to avoid every capitalist product just because you're anti-capitalist (that isn't even possible in a capitalist world, really). Of course, slightly depending on your exact ideology - but many just advocate for a new system, that is precisely the point, the point is not avoiding "bad products" inside capitalism.

And I'm not truly calling myself a hedonist buddhist, I tried to make it clear by calling it a joke. I'm quite critical of that kind of thinking, but it is funny how perfectly fitting it is to cherrypick parts of buddhism to do better in a consumerist capitalist society.

It wasn't even started by westerners, the Japs had "buddhism for salarymen" type of courses etc long before.
>>
>>14358283
>I havent seen Asians mutilate Christianity
太平天国
T A I P I N G
I
A
N
G
U
O
>>
>>14367898
HOT
>>
>>14369182
>You don't need to avoid every capitalist product just because you're anti-capitalist
Yes, but buying the product which is the epitome of everything that is wrong with capitalism really sends a message of maximum hypocrisy.

Every iPad you buy supports international Zionism, slavery and making the rich richer. Same goes for anything else from Apple.
>>
>>14372341
>Zionism
Oy vey.

Time to shut the thread down. Notifying the right authorities now.
>>
File: 1447194531395.jpg (183 KB, 1260x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447194531395.jpg
183 KB, 1260x1024
>>14352653
Shinto is an ethnic religion. If you aren't Japanese you can't be a Shintoist, it's as simple as that.

Buddhism is not an ethnic religion but Western Buddhists are generally trendy white kid pop orientalist pseudo religious hipsters who know as much about Buddhism as Madonna knows about the Kabbalah.
>>
>>14352653
Is it a religion of peace though?
>>
File: CULv_fRU8AA5QJy.jpg (87 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
CULv_fRU8AA5QJy.jpg
87 KB, 571x800
>>14378948
I would hardly call it a proper religion, as it is almost in its entirety shamanism.

It has no dogma, no rules of behavior, no teachings for self improvement. It is almost entirely rites and mysticism.
>>
>>14378959
I'd love to bring peace to that anime's shamanistic titties.
>>
>>14379043
A beta kekold like you?
>>
>>14379051
>kekold
Please go back to /b/, onegay.
>>
I'm neither gay nor retarded.
>>
>>14379251
I think you're all three.
>>
because if I converted from my religion I would be killed
>>
>>14352653
all hail Amaterasu, patron diety of the NEETS!
>>
Shintoism is the closest thing you will get to the los tribes of isrial's hebrewism combined with the pagan rituals. To that extent there is no doubt that some shinto tradtions and beleifs have or shed light of truth on things, but it is without grace of God nor do they hold holy power. One of the reasons why the tribes were sent out away from isreial is because they betrayed God in adobting paganism.

After studying deeply on shintoism I'm convinced from a Catholic theologin's perspective that a lost tribe settled in the heart of Jomon settlments in Japan combining Jomon relgious systems and their own paganistic Hebrewism.

I find that Shintoism's concept of anything being able to become a god a strong backdrop to Japan's tradtional nighlism.
>>
File: Profile(1)_original.jpg (2 MB, 3600x2700) Image search: [Google]
Profile(1)_original.jpg
2 MB, 3600x2700
Shintoism the best religion.
Any religion where a cup can be a god is awesome.
>>
File: 1431156943378.png (127 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1431156943378.png
127 KB, 800x600
>tfw I only started this thread hoping it would derail into Buddhist 2hu's being posted, maybe a few taoist girls posted too.
>>
>>14386448
I just think Shintoism is what happens when an animistic shamanist religion evolves to a more complex state. Animistic religions are substituted by a different religion but in Japan it coexisted with Buddhism instead of disappearing.
>>
>>14386009
What religion is that?
>>
>>14352708
But he is. Jesus' body was actually cheese, not bread, which is the popular misconception.
>>
>>14387249
Yes, Budhism is simoly part of Shintoism now. Shintoism takes in other relgions and makes it conform by molding it into their own japanese verssion. I just met a Japanese woman ehose sister is part of that "christian" cult that thinks its Christian, but obviously it has taken on diety form that resembles more shintoism than Christianity now. Even then though that cult is hated in Japan.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few statues of Jesus in Japan, but he's at or for Shinto practice and revrance. As a Christian its frustrating to see this, because they obviously have never read the bible nor understand what jesus said in the gospel. They people worship him because he's a world religious figure, irony levels over 9000, and the shinto leaders put him on a pedistal to the followers to demote him to just being another God. Controlled opposition to some extent.
>>
>>14387340
>As a Christian its frustrating to see this, because they obviously have never read the bible nor understand what jesus said in the gospel.
Welcome to 99% of the Christian of the world. Seriously, there are tons of literally illiterate Christians who only follow a dumb priest that knows batshit about what he talks about or just use it as a tool to take money from them.

The Bible is not easy to read and I know Christians that think children comics are hard to read.
>>
>>14352782
Man I feel bad for all the /jp/sies who went to live in Japan just to work like such slaves. I bet they don't even admit it to themselves and instead live in a fantasy world where they're not an English teacher but a well paid computer-stuff magician.
>>
>>14387376
True that. Lately it seems that its noncleregy men leading the church. The church would be better today if we gave the role of cardinal to cqtholic theologins rather than some bishops. A lot of bishops aren't catholic anymore. A lot of catholic bishops don't know what the church really is or who corrupting the Church.

Japanese catholics, rare, seem to be so limited in numbers that all loose and ignorent beleivers are cut out, like, theres no fat to trim within the japanese catholic church. As for their bishops, I can probabbly name 2 that oppose vatican 2. The others I just don't know.
>>
Why do white people say Buddhism is not a religion?
>>
>>14388574
Who ever said that?
>>
>>14352692
My mom has a butsudan, she doesn't leave food on it. She just lights incense on it.
>>
>>14388574
>>14389904

Not him but my understanding is that because it doesn't have a God (Budda is not a God) and religions must have a God.

So I've heard.
>>
>>14367898
>blow my boyfriend Tyrone
>while laughing at you
Your blowjob game is weak as fuck.
>>
File: 1441688305312.png (537 KB, 960x827) Image search: [Google]
1441688305312.png
537 KB, 960x827
How can I become zen and calm 24/7, jeipi?
>>
>>14391108
Meditate. Try at least to meditate one hour every day, you'll reach the Zen soon enough.

This isn't rocket science.
>>
Is taking it easy part of a japanese religion? I'm pretty sure I'd be a priest of that one
>>
Japan is so silly and it's "religion" is just a capitalist product made to get money outo f the Japs. It's like McDonald's to Christianity/Islam's foie grass.
>>
>>14387376
>who only follow a dumb priest that knows batshit about what he talks about
>priest

blame catholics. bible says do not make, let alone worship graven images, but "jesus statue" is all over the world. irony.
>>
Why are the Japanese such Uncle Toms to the cis white male patriarchy?

http://www.japantoday.com/category/opinions/view/racist-in-the-west-cool-in-japan

It's just embarrassing. Must be something about their religion.
>>
File: Shunryu Suzuki.jpg (66 KB, 681x679) Image search: [Google]
Shunryu Suzuki.jpg
66 KB, 681x679
>>14391108
>read
>>
File: yare yare daze.jpg (37 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
yare yare daze.jpg
37 KB, 479x492
>>14352782
>no one acknowledges my existence

Did he stop, and maybe think that he was boring?
>>
>>14396927
I own this book.
2deep4me trash.
>>
>>14352782
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6__kcuU-qto

ALL THAT JAPANESE LEARNING = FOR NOTHING

THERE'S LITERALLY NO REASON TO LEARN JAPANESE (unless you have japan gf)

THANK YOU FOR THE ENLIGHTENING, LIAN!!!!!
>>
>>14356476
>gave him a weakness to smoke
This is video games levels of bullshit balancing.
>>
Why not just pick and choose arbitrarily or go with some weird "everything is cliches and tropes". Like those wiccan or new age pagan fags, but hopefully less retarded.
>>
>>14397451
Why does this cunt keep making these videos?
>>
>>14397680
To make fun of and trigger weaboo losers like you who think that they will ever be accepted in Japan. Living in Japan as a white man is an absolute torture. T o r t u r e .
>>
>>14397736
That is so rude... he hurts my feeligns!
>>
>>14352653
>2015
>religion
i wish but you know...
>>
>>14401483
I can hear your fedora tipping from way over here.
>>
>>14401823
STILL TIPPIN ON 44S...
T
I
L
L

T
I
P
P
I
N

O
N

S
>>
>>14401832
Alright.
>>
>>14397736
I wonder why so many of them stay in Japan instead of returning if it is so bad. Maybe the ones complaining are the dumbasses who act like spoiler kids and them complain that people will treat them like the dumbasses they are.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.