[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are weebs so obsessed with Tokyo? Why don't they care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: saitama.jpg (34 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
saitama.jpg
34 KB, 350x263
Why are weebs so obsessed with Tokyo?

Why don't they care about Saitama or Yokohama?
>>
because saitama is dasaitama
>>
> care about Saitama or Yokohama
nothing interesting to see/do
>>
File: 1446571303179.jpg (253 KB, 1350x833) Image search: [Google]
1446571303179.jpg
253 KB, 1350x833
more stuff to see in kanagawa
>>
File: reds_wallpaper[1].jpg (323 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
reds_wallpaper[1].jpg
323 KB, 1366x768
>>14309590
I get it!
>>
>>14309581
What weebs are you talking about?
>>
I'm more interested in Enoshima.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmKyBZNJGA
>>
I'm more interested in Kyoto and Hokkaido.
>>
Quality thread,
>>
Capital cities in general tend to be the most popular cities of any country. This doesn't apply to countries like Brazil and Australia, though.
>>
>>14312305
Or the U.S.
>>
>>14312240
I'm with you - Hokkaido seems cool.
>>
>>14312464
>Hokkaido seems cool.
:3
>>
>>14309581
The chief thing to remember is that Narita Airport is in Chiba prefecture.
>>
>>14312207
I don't get it.
>>
>>14312331
>>14312305
So it doesn't apply to big countries, is what you guys mean.
>>
File: Tashirojima.jpg (112 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Tashirojima.jpg
112 KB, 960x640
Wouldn't mind seeing Cat Island (Tashirojima) once in my life.
>>
>>14309581
That's like asking why tourists only want to go see New York, not Jersey City or Newark.
Stupid fucking question
>>
Because Akihabara is in Tokyo.
>>
>>14309581
Yokohama is a factory town, they make shit, Osaka is what I want to do after Tokyo just for the food.
>>
earlier this year i met my dad's side of the family for the first time in yokohama. cant remember where exactly but it was pretty awesome. went to this small shopping street with a big pachinko area and had the best ramen ive ever had in japan at one of the ramen shops.

went to kyoto to see a couple of the temples, went to osaka to see osaka temple and doutanboori, and went to nagano to see the snow monkeys. the owner of the hotel we were staying at was super nice, he drove us from yudanaka station to the hotel where his cute grandma and some other guy were like the only staff and they were just doing busy work.
>>
>>14309581
Tokyo doesn't seem that attractive to me. It just seems super commercialized and superficial. If I ever go to Japan I would want to see Kyoto, Osaka, and maybe some rural areas, and just go to Tokyo for Comiket.
>>
>>14314850
Yes, please go to Kyoo, the area that is overrun by fucking gaijin. Seriously, there are pretty much more gaijin than actual Japanese there now
>>
>>14313788
In the case of Brazil the capital was built in the middle of nowhere to promote de development of an area that had none and to make things harder for the angry peasants to protest against the government.
>>
>>14312240
Sapporo is pretty nice. It is currently my in first place among cities I would like to live permanently. Shizuoka is second.
>>
>>14309581
Why is the most famous and most focused on internationally the most popular you ask?

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
Any Sendai Otaku here? I was watching WUG and it looked really comfy.
>>
because Tokyo is in my animes
>>
why don't people visit columbus, ohio when they come to america?
>>
Literally nobody, including Japanese people, cares about Saitama and/or Yokohama.
>>
>>14314850
Kyoto and Osaka were much more boring than Tokyo. But then again i spent most of my time drinking and theres more people that speak english in tokyo than there are in kyoto/Osaka (specially Osaka)
>>
File: Abraço.png (218 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Abraço.png
218 KB, 450x450
Where should I go to live a slow-paced life, such as seen in Yotsubato or Okuribito?

Small city, peaceful neighborhood, while still keeping stuff like power and Internet... it's sad to know these places are getting abandoned for the big city.
>>
>>14318031
Japs probably don't want dumb gaijin invading their peaceful villages
>>
>>14318057
Don't worry, it's just a supposition.

Besides, even if it wasn't, I'm quiet and civil, and I have always hated inconsiderate, loud and otherwise impolite neighbors who don't understand respecting a community.
>>
>>14318075
Okay, but you're still not Japanese, so it doesn't matter
>>
>>14312207
http://inmhosg208.web.fc2.com/html/swf/numsaitama.html
http://inmhosg208.web.fc2.com/html/swf/numsaitama.html
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9813310
I'm too lazy for find last one.
>>
Who is Nagi?
>>
>>14309625
This.
>>
I'm only interested in Nagasaki or Okinawa.
>>
>>14314850
Haha, yeah go to Kyoto and Osaka for the authentic Japan you'll never find in Tokyo.
>>
>>14318031
In Tokyo, out in the Okutama/Ome area. There's plenty of boring countryside in Tokyo for you to enjoy.
>>
>>14315202

This is quite wrong. Saitama gets made fun of constantly but Yokohama, specifically the main Naka Ward, is both pretty nice and pretty popular. It has nice scenery as it's on the coast, plenty of culture (e.g. the Pikachu summer event, also some art/music), nice parks, Japan's most famous Chinatown, etc.

People 'care' about it quite a lot. In my experience, it's just people who live out in Saitama, Chiba, or the northern parts of Tokyo that seem to 'dislike' Yokohama because of its distance (and relative high proportion of yankee-types).

>>14309581
Stuff like the Cup Noodle Museum leads many a weeb to Yokohama.
>>
>>14309581
well, initialD-fag still goes to saitama, karuizawa etc to check out the course

Also, ppl go to saitama super arena for animelo n whatever events using the venue. other than that, nothing much.

Kanazawa and Takayama seems to be a hit too since few anime scenes are from those places
>>
I am weeb but I am obsessed with Hokkaido!
>>
>>14328458
I'm enjoying Sapporo. I want to travel around Hokkaido when I have time and money.
>>
>>14328940
I have cousins in Sapporo!
>>
I'd much rather visit Osaka and surrounding places like Toyonaka
>>
>>14314947
Holy shit is this true
>>
File: DSC_7187.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1201) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7187.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1201
I was in Saga-ken and didn't see a single gaijin there. It was nice getting away from you fuckers.
>>
>>14329932
Cool, do they speak English?
>>
>>14312240
I have relatives in both of those places so I get to see those places a fair bit.

When I go to Hokkaido I usually go to Otaru since that is where my mom grew up and the Sapporo area. Otaru is a port town and my mom told me a fun story about how Russians used to come by, steal bikes, and take them back to Russia on boats to sell. Kind of sad about Otaru though, I feel almost as though I got to see its decline since I remember it being much livelier and full of people when I was a kid but now it almost seems like a ghost town with many businesses being shut down. Apparently it's because all the young people moved to Sapporo or something.
>>
>>14313788
Canada est gros
>pour vous
>>
>>14332878
Why would it be?
>>
>>14332949
Very little! They grew up in there and only spend a couple of years in the Philippines while we were growing up.
>>
>>14340023
Flips have invaded Japan? That's grody!
>>
>>14340094

Flips are welcome in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zguwtrptZ9g
>>
>>14309581
>Saitama

You mean dasaitama

>Yokohama

City-wannable who dream that they are able to compete with Tokyo

>Tokyo

Are you refer to tonkin, another chinkapital?
>>
>>14318031

1) Tondabayashi Jinaimachi (few minutes south of Osaka) 34.500317, 135.602744
2) Omihachiman (few minutes north of Kyoto) 35.139855, 136.090591
3) Mount Yoshino (45 Km south of Nara) 34.364841, 135.862362
>>
>>14309581
It's the same thing with people who are obsessed with Paris or NYC or Rome or London but don't care about any other of the phenomenal cities in those countries. These places are familiar from mass media--they're safe. You know what you are going to get. People don't want adventure, they want the illusion of adventure. Add in to the mix that your average weeaboo probably knows little about japanese cities outside of some scenes in my little sister can't be this much of a slut. Very few weebs watch japanese cinema or read material that covers other parts of the country. Why do that when you can be masturbating to forest fairies?

My next visit I dearly want to spend time traveling around and getting a feel for 北海道. If I decide to do a graduate degree in my field I will hopefully do it at 京都大学, living there would be a dream. Probably the coolest city I've ever been to.
>>
>>14353901
>people who are obsessed with Paris ... they're safe.
Haha topical irony
>>
File: Flag_of_Koriyama,_Fukushima.png (25 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Koriyama,_Fukushima.png
25 KB, 900x600
When I'm in Japan I'll be staying in Saitama. What weeb/normal things are there to do there? I'll be with a local if that broadens my options.
Also going to Koriyama in Fukushima prefecture. Shot in the dark but has anyone been there before?
>>
>>14354242
>When I'm in Japan I'll be staying in Saitama. What weeb/normal things are there to do there?
Go to Tokyo. Specifically Ikebukuro/Ueno/Akihabara.

Or go to Chichibu. It's a small city, but depending on the time of year, there's often something seasonal going on. It might be far from where you'll be staying though.
>>
>>14355059
Well, I'll be in Tokyo too at some point.
Chichibu seems like a good idea though, it's not too far from where I am. Cheers.
>>
>>14335201
Toronto and Vancouver are more popular than Ottawa by virtue of nearness to the American border and I would assume Quebec City and Montreal are more popular destinations as well. Their post applies.
>>
>>14354242
Koriyama is extremely radioactive. It was pretty much Ground Zero for the fukushima nuclear accident. Do not go there, do not eat the food.
>>
>>14315598
Osaka boring!??

Where the fuck were you drinking, HUB with the English teachers?

Osaka is a blast
>>
there are some dope-ass record stores in tokyo. five, six story tall shops.
it's like the mecca for vinyl enthusiasts, i'm saving up to make my pilgrimage some time soon.
>>
>>14309581
Why are the weebs I've only heard of obsessed with Tokyo?
Why aren't any I've heard of obsessed with Saitama or Yokohama?
>>
>>14357076
Quebec City is popular if you want your head caved in by SAQ because you spoke filthy pig dog Hanglish
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.