[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wiki: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_W iki Previous threa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26
File: 1437741763972.jpg (7 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1437741763972.jpg
7 KB, 250x201
Wiki: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
Previous threads: Archive is a fucking dead! Dead!
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/T2RCwdh8
>>
>>14265471
I was thinking of starting another Elona thread myself but I was too busy playing the game and decided that someone else would do it.
>>
>>14265471
Stop putting edition on every thread edition
>>
>>14265705
Anon is mad edition.
>>
I've been Rubbing my ranch pets. This gives messages like "You think you can get some milk from this creature". "leather" and "meat" are straightforward, but how do I get the milk and eggs from them? Does that just mean they'll drop them normally if I wait a bit longer?
>>
How can I get blessed water into an empty bottle
?
>>
>>14265931
You need a "Bottle of Water". It's a specific potion. Sadly, you can't just take a empty bottle and put water in it.

Once you have the bottle of water, drop it on a altar of your god. If you don't believe in god (Eyth of Infidel), an unaligned altar will work.
>>
>>14265959
So afterwards I mix it with a cursed potion and the resulting potion, say cure corruption, becomes uncursed?
>>
>>14266048
Becomes blessed. Blessing with water ignores the current state of the item, so it'll also clear Doomed equipment and make it blessed in a single step as well.
>>
>>14266057
Awesome. Thanks mate.
>>
Is there still a way to cheese big daddies ? I used to make them vomit to death a long time ago.

Also i'm on an inferno run so it's best if it doesnt include dying.
>>
Is there a good way to acquire junk items for Pot of Fusion recipes?

There's two wood pieces in Yowyn, and an empty basket. Any others? I think Derphy has plenty of garbage. What about healthy leaves?
>>
File: superbpotential.png (911 KB, 971x753) Image search: [Google]
superbpotential.png
911 KB, 971x753
Just drank my first blessed potions of potential (7 of them).
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (348 KB, 816x638) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
348 KB, 816x638
I'm having major troubles punching through Amurdad's *Super Regene*. I don't have the damage to burst and my poor pets don't have the intellect. Can I just grind away at him until he has no more stamina for it? Does he still get the bonus regen from Kumi? Do NPCs even keep track of stamina?

Last question, do the Astral Sickle or Grandel compare favorably at all with the Pile Driver?
>>
>>14266978
I'm not sure what his stamina looks like but I'll tell you right now that he can keep casting super regene for a very long time. I'm not sure if its viable to actually whittle away at him. You may need to come back when you can do a lot more damage to overpower super regene. Also, neither of those weapons come close damage of the Pile Driver. However, I would still hold onto the Grendel since it does an ok amount of damage for a weapon that has remote attack.
>>
File: VSNeheltad.png (456 KB, 811x633) Image search: [Google]
VSNeheltad.png
456 KB, 811x633
>>14266978
A rampage'd special attack might help you.
>>
>>14267197
Wow, great idea. I didn't know I was supposed to save tomatoes.
>>
File: interlock2.jpg (612 KB, 1286x797) Image search: [Google]
interlock2.jpg
612 KB, 1286x797
Zero shoot, fury, and critical hits all affect interlock mechanism damage.

Pretty nice damage, since my normal shots do about 800.
>>
>>14265761
You have to leave for a while, I think eggs/milk/shit/animal bone only drop if you've been long enough for the map to "reset" like a town would.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (353 KB, 816x638) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
353 KB, 816x638
>>14267197
I can't believe that actually worked. It's just too bad that this was a dry-run I did in Wizard Mode. I don't think I'll be able to make it happen again.
>>
File: Corpse Pleasure.png (191 KB, 442x394) Image search: [Google]
Corpse Pleasure.png
191 KB, 442x394
This helmet seems pretty good.

I already have an amulet that negates confusion but I have been confused before while wearing it and ended up overcasting myself to death. Will having two "negates confusion" equips increase the effect?
>>
>>14267862
No, any negates is as good as it gets.

There are just specific things that bypass any status protection like sanity which gives you any status effect just because. Heavy Rain pierces status protection as well. There's a few other things maybe, but those are the two obvious ones.
>>
How do I progress to other stages of the game? I always feel like I'm very early game no matter how long I play. Even in Overdose I feel like I'm not really going anywhere. At lv 20 I feel like the same items from lv 1 are still dropping.

Also, is there anywhere I can find good PCCs for Elona+? All the ones I find are for vanilla Elona.
>>
>>

Read the pastebin, there is a link to the Elona Uploader and sprite generator.
>>
>>14267862
Was this confusion caused by insanity? There's no way to protect against the various status effect that inflicts on you.

Alternatively, was it actually Dim, not confusion? That also prevents proper casting and can result in mana drain. And there's no way to fully protect against that, except restarting as a Golem.
>>
It's been years, across every update, and every time I exit the game, it still crashes upon exit. Still saves and everything, and it's still playable, but always annoying.

Running Win8. I have tried running in every sort of compatibility settings from WinXP to Win7, and as Administrator. Nothing works with it. No idea what to do. Any ideas /jp/?
>>
>>14269187
Crashes upon exit? Are you sure the game isn't just exiting? I don't quite understand what you mean.

If it saves what is the actual problem even? You could simply just close the game by hitting the X on the window after saving in game, F1 I think. F2 is load I think as well.
>>
>>14269399
Yeah, crash on exit. I just bring the menu up, choose exit, it saves, all is good, but instead of closing the window and shutting down normally, I get a Windows message that says "program did not close correctly". I have to wait a bit, then click the usual 'close program'.

Like I said, game saves normally regardless. I just think it's annoying. But I'll be trying out the F1 save then X button to close from now on, though. Thanks.
>>
>>14269399
>>14269481
>F1 save then X button to close from now on

Eh, unfortunately, that didn't work either. Oh well. Guess I'm stuck with it.
>>
Can anyone confirm that equipping more than one of each proximity assist/interlocking shooting won't let you trigger more than once?
>>
>>14269187
Have you tried disabling your anti-virus?
>>
>>14270150
Yeah, just now. Nothing. :(
>>
Is there an easy way to get scrolls of gain attribute?
>>
>>14270853
the only winning move is to play
>>
I'm not too familiar with the workings of pet evolution and especially AP. Would it be viable to take a low level dog, gene engineer it some good stats, then double evolve it to Siva Inu, for +70 str and +60 speed? It looks like AP is gained based solely on initial stats, so maximum gains would be to start small and evolve.

Or would all that just be a complete waste of time investment and a <God Heart>?
>>
>>14271187
If all you care about is AP gain there are lots of easier pets than something like a dog, and if all you care about is +70 STR / +60 SPD there are lots of easier ways to do that as well. I suspect most people use pet evolution as a way to give favorite pets interesting or unique sprites without just giving them a custom portrait.
>>
>>14271221
It's more an issue of "I don't know what to do with this stuff". I've seen talk about pets that are difficult to obtain AP for for various reasons, typically an overinflated speed stats (i.e. bells). I don't know how important it is to be able to get AP for pets, or if I should just ignore it entirely, grab the highest level monster ball I can, and get a monster pet that won't ever be able to gain AP.
>>
>>14271249
You'll want to just use dominate. When you can buy a rod of dominate for a couple small medals there's really no reason to ever muck about with monster balls, they're pretty much obsolete.
>>
>>14271187
If you're new to pets I would highly suggest you choose a pet with a relatively low ini score, usually found on low level pets, with normal equipment slots. Equipment slots are to be noted because more slots leads to easier resist solutions. A dog fills the first objective but does not have normal equipment slots which will make it more difficult to raise. You might be better off raising a different pet.

I find AP generation very important for a pet if you have long terms plans to develop the pet. While gene engineering handles giving your pet new skills, levels, hp, and mp, AP gives pets speed, special abilities, and most importantly, a way to increase their skill fast through bonus skill points. Pet attributes can be managed through herbs.

I would try raising an easier pet to get a feel for what you need to do to create a powerful pet. You can then branch out to more exotic pets once you know what you're doing and have the means to do so.
>>
>>14271669
no, I'm not new to pets. I'm new to AP. I played a ton of vanilla Elona and tended to have a bunch of Yiths around me. When I first started playing Elona+ I managed to get a demon's lord, vishnu, and kali, all of which are obscenely powerful but won't ever get AP. Neither would I, since my INI was based off my level ~30 stats, not my starting stats. So AP wasn't something I could ever use, since I literally never got any.

I made a new character for this after hearing about Elona+ Custom. I've evolved my little girl into a valkyrie, and she's pretty strong and still gains AP. My <Isca> does not gain any AP, at least not from the monsters that I'm fighting (dragons, for example). Hence me asking, "should I avoid getting obscenely strong pets that will have trouble gaining AP?"

Oh, and a related question, what about evolutions that give new abilities? E.g. Little girl->Littler girl->Witch? (+10 chr, +10 spd, +60 magic, Rain of Sanity special action, Crystal Spear spell). I do want a decent magic pet, and not one that will spam teleport constantly. But I don't know if that'd be worth it over just taming a demon. A demon would have trouble getting AP, but would start off much stronger.
>>
>>14272003
Lower level pets that you step through evolutions with will always be easier to gain AP for than a pet that starts out at higher level as you pointed out.

I personally find pets with lower INI values easier to train, and in general, they tend to eclipse pets that start out stronger pretty quickly despite their improved stats and such. In other words, lower level and low ini value pets catch up pretty easily to their stronger peers and can end up becoming stronger because the ease of which they gain AP boosts their growth considerably. As such I would favor the witch over the demon.

I acknowledge that other people's experiences may be different though and I respect that.
>>
Is there a dungeon level sweet spot? Something that going higher yields no actual profit?
>>
>>14272804
Gold reward cap at 359, so there's that.
>>
File: yay.png (700 KB, 1296x806) Image search: [Google]
yay.png
700 KB, 1296x806
Huh, that was less difficult than I thought it would be. Super regene kicked in but it didn't seem to do much at all before she got decapitated.

Onward to Lost Irva!
>>
File: sevenleague.png (578 KB, 976x757) Image search: [Google]
sevenleague.png
578 KB, 976x757
Just got these from a party time quest. I also got a happy bed from a cupid earlier.
>>
At what skill level do we start getting free attacks for martial arts? I'm getting tired of waiting!
>>
>Clearing the first dungeon on my new game
>Not even done puppy cave
>Get to last floor of lvl2 dungeon
>mfw pack of lightning hound shows up with the boss
>mfw a second boss appears
>>
File: 1387319154313[1].jpg (234 KB, 528x800) Image search: [Google]
1387319154313[1].jpg
234 KB, 528x800
Elona has made me completely lose interest in video games as a whole. no other game has ever given me the same sense of wonder and freedom as Elona and the expansions.
i just wish it was more popular and had a bigger mod-community. i would love to see more custom races and content.

by the way, some years ago, some guy called jdestroy or something decided to port the game into Java. does anyone know how the project is going?
>>
>>14279050
He learned that java is bad for videogames the really really really hard way.
>>
>>14279050
The game just feels really comfy.
>>
>>14279415
>>14279050
In which city would you live in if you got the chance?

Lumiest seems really great if you like rain.
>>
>>14279574
Cyber Dome is not technically a city, but it's full of interesting thingies, guns, junk food and lolis.
>>
>>14275292
>lowest stat is above 200
>pet does 85k on a crit
>that sure was easy~

Thankfully the third act is where things really ramp up.
>>
>>14279698
Not him, but that 85k damage was decapitation.
>>
>>14275292
Is that skill potential you tracking? How do I do that?
>>
>>14279800
Press * on the skill you want to track on your character skill page.
>>
>>14279800
>>14279823
Only with elona custom mod
>>
>>14279698
I put this off for a long time since I had no idea what damage output I needed, mostly I was surprised because I remembered people having trouble powering through the super regene and were doing stuff like rampage+gauge release+charge attack. I guess since super regene kicks in at low health, that having a pet capable of decapitation pretty much negates a lot of the issue as long as it's fast enough to get the decapitation hit in.

Definitely looking forward to the third act, my pets and I are nowhere near the damage output that the guy above fighting Amurdad has.

>>14277250
Silly anon, would anyone ever trust a dungeon to advertise its true danger level?
>>
>>14279574
I actually like Lumiest the most in terms of actual city design but I do like snowy areas. The little sister house is nice and quiet. I kinda made my home sort of like it, big snowy area with a house in the middle. Couldn't think of a better way to fill the huge amount of space in the palace deed.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (342 KB, 802x633) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
342 KB, 802x633
>>14280035
>The little sister house is nice and quiet.
I didn't even want this to happen. I just pop a couple beers in the air, spreading joy and happiness, and then they're popping molotovs back at me.
>>
>>14280580
How's that magic device skill coming along?
>>
>>14280580
you need to eat something oniichan
it's good for your strength
>>
File: crithelm.png (118 KB, 519x250) Image search: [Google]
crithelm.png
118 KB, 519x250
How should I get this off of the adventurer in my home? He won't even accept 8 cure corruptions.

Is killing him and getting lucky my best option?
>>
>>14280813
Duel gloves assure you get all the equipment of the one you challenge, with no karma penalty as bonus.
Aside from that, there's only getting lucky ( or "lucky" ).
>>
>>14280813
Kill him and force your luck
Bless your pots
Hire him, love him, recruit him, almost marry him then take all his things and leave him alone and naked at the chapel in Noyel
>>
>>14280815
I didn't know what duel gloves were for but I happened to have one in my storehouse next door. Too bad he was already gone when I got back.

I remembered his name so I can just find him again I guess.
>>
>>14280815
In 1.46 when fighting someone via duel glove my black cat had lick garanted on one item.
Not sure if it was a bug or if it still works.
>>
Does getting NPCs sick ever lower their stats? I tried it on Loyter in wizard mode, then ran around the wilderness for a week or so, and his stats didn't change at all.
>>
>>14283387
Stats are lost upon puking. Try a stack of cursed alcohol or bakuretsuken+healing.
>>
>>14281824
I've literally never seen the black cat lick an item, even when I would deliberately set the cat up for kills to see if I could get it to happen. Is there a message displayed when it happens or is checking each item after the fact the only way to find out?
>>
>>14283414
I think the cat only licks items that are guaranteed to drop, like artifacts or godly items. Miracle level equipment are difficult to get the black cat to lick afaik
>>
>>14269971

Why don't you do it yourself? That no damage god weapon from Jure along with three prox assist gloves/weaps/shields could do the trick.
>>
>>14269187

This is exactly why I always clean my computer to the point of autism.
>>
>>14283524
I did, I was fishing for a second opinion. I threw on the Machine Arms and the Saber tonfa on my dw pet and set it to smacking away at a sandbag.

The behavior I think I saw was that the back slot would roll first, followed by the shoot slot if it failed. The Saber tonfa seemed to proc less often with the Machine Arms equipped.
>>
>>14283888

If you can't proc it more than once then we can't too. PA and IS can't activate at the same time also.
>>
Having never used the sprite generator before, when I got around to using it I noticed that it's based off the old sprites - trying to forcibly use one anyway via pcc_body causes the game to instantly crash. Is there an Elona+ variation of the sprite generator?
>>
>>14284896
what did you do exactly ? added a pcc_body_xxx after the refular ones ?
did you make that pcc or is it something you dl'd ?
>>
>>14284896

You can still use the old sprite. It crashed because of incorrect format.

Make sure it is 24bit and Do Not Save Color Space Info.

Open it in MS Paint and Save As BMP again should solve this issue.

If the PCC is too big for your taste using the old PCC, there is an in game option to Shrink your sprite. That automatically converts old PCC to new PCC size ingame. However, it will affect all PCCs. If your pet uses new PCC for example, the game will shrink them even smaller.

Also, you can manually convert old PCC to new PCC by using Resize tool with "Cubic Shrink" algorithm to 108x163 pixels with relative accuracy to the original. You still need to line the sprites up again though.
>>
>>14285357

Oh I forgot, the Old PCC use a different background color too. Just open in MS Paint and use the paint bucket to change the old BG color to the new BG color.
>>
What's the best food to use for the Herb In recipe? Or what's the strategy for using that, in general?
>>
>>14286630
Herbs in herbs. Specifically, Curaria as a base.
>>
>>14283407
Just tried spamming Body Blow (I assume that's bakuretsuken) on Loyter in wizard mode. Vomiting did an extra 300 or so damage each hit, but it never lowered his stats any according to Inspect.
>>
>>14287144
Bakuretsuken is a different skill. It adds a grenade invoke to your attack.
>>
>>14286630
The best stats numerically would be herbed rare herbs, however, in terms of the most stat per rare herb you should herb something else, and curaria's decent base stat increase makes herbed curaria probably the best overall.
>>
>>14287366
>>14286940
Am I misunderstanding how the Herb In works, then? From reading the wiki it sounds like it's purely additive, meaning eating a curaria and a Cyber Snack(herb) would be the same as eating Curaria (Herb) and Cyber snack.
>>
>>14287389
Get educated.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Food/Technical#Food_Statistics
>>
>>14287436
Yes, that is exactly what I was reading. Am I understanding it correctly?
>>
>>14287461
That's correct. Herb In is like an added superfood onto what you're already eating.

Technically it doesn't matter what you add it onto, you're still getting that superfood bonus. It's just that curaria are what you're going to have a lot of excess of when it comes to herbs.

A curaria(herb) plus a cybersnack is going to give you the exact same stats as cybersnack(herb) plus curaria.
>>
>>14266942
>Komari
>Dwarf
P-Pls don't bully!
>>
>>14287483
Alright, thanks. That's what I was thinking the reasoning behind it was. I might actually just try using a stomafillia instead; according to the source, it overwrites the satiation from 20000 to 15000 and I'll still get the (small) stat bonus from that. I think I have more stoma than cura as well.
>>
Given enough speed, you have no hope of keeping herbs around before the next harvest anyway.
Which is a good thing, as hunger demon shenanigans are boring.
>>
>The dealer's hand is 21.
Do they have lucky/cheat days or something? This never happened before.
>>
Are the effects on the wiki for Large picnic basket accurate? I just wished for 30 of them and ate them all at once, and I still had several stat potentials at Hopeless. Wiki says there's a minimum of 2% increase to every stat potential, and hopeless is < 50% potential.
>>
Truly a dead edition.
>>
>>14292103
RNG is a cruel mistress.
Grind up your luck.
Alternatively, grind up dexterity.
Cheating was buffed to be not complete shit, but it's still risky.
>>
ElonaPlus 1.51 is out. Download here:
http://www1.axfc.net/u/3559045.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rjtmd247d6c6uma/ZCkmq9DI6J

ElonaPlus 1.51 Changelog:

[Additions and Changes]
-Updated the main quest.
-Added one unique NPC for act 3.
-Added one precious artifact for act 3.
-Updated the map image to the newer one. It'll change slightly after act 1 and act 2.
-Added a map tile that plays piano keys when stepped on. Has 24 variations.
-It's now possible to mute BGM by using the jukebox.
-Added 6 more higher class types for dragonkin race.
-Added a new evolution to one pet.
-Added 2 new types of rods (zap-type).
-Removed regeneration of material gather spots from instant regeneration type maps.
-NPCs will now be able to use offensive zap-type rods without consuming its charges depending on their alchemy skill (About 80% chance at level 1). Trains alchemy skill. It will also have lower power than normal.
-Added an action that lets you use offensive zap-type rods without consuming charges for player characters. Zap rods used with this action will also have lower power than normal.
-Added a new enchant that raises the effects of breath-type actions.
-Changed the name of the <Child Zeder> and its enchant structure.
-Ammunition currently equipped on a character will now be impossible to pickpocket. You can still pickpocket unequipped ones, though.
-Earthquakes done by the Opatos Statue will now affect the levels of Nefias.
-Boosted Yacatect Statue's gold generation. Also, if you're worshiping Yacatect, you will also receive more gold depending on your faith skill. Platinum coins and small medal drop rates remain unchanged.
-The remains of nefias will now stay on the map instead of being removed. After some time, a new nefia will get generated on the same place. (This does not include those that already exist.)
-The breakfast/handmade food event will now be able to choose one of your allies as its subject at a certain rate. Allies that don't have skill for it will be excluded.
-Added a hold-item that prevents breakfast/handmade food events from occurring on that character. This item is meant to be randomly generated, but for the sake of testing, if you updated to this version, 10 pieces of it will be generated under your feet.
-Added an action that lets you team up with your allies to break locked chests. Can also be used alone if you want to.
-Allies that are tagged will now be able to share half of their earned money from selling jewels.

[Fixes]
-Fixed a bug with character portraits.
-Fixed untitled red books being generated.
-Fixed a bug in the Dark Cage of Amur concerning the new unique NPC added on 1.50.
-Fixed a bug with precious artifacts displayed when using oracle.
-Fixed a bug with Body Blow making dead NPCs puke.
-Fixed a bug with the ragnarok event summoning unrelated monsters.
-Randomly generated high-level mutants will now be limited to 20 body parts at max.
-Fixed a bug with gene transfer cancellation.
-Fixed a bug with the command ring being off when window height is changed.
-Fixed a bug with faith-related gift flags.
-Fixed reward calculations for bodyguard requests.
-Fixed a bug where the text becomes smaller when the ripple effect on the main screen is off.
-Fixed a bug with time stop enchant display.
-Fixed a bug with light sources being off by one tile.
-Fixed a bug with allies not using their talk files properly.
-Fixed a bug with random events being generated on some events like chocolate creation, act 3 warp, etc.
-Fixed a bug with events and some flags being triggered after fighting certain characters on the EX Arena.
-Fixed a bug on item processing when entering the Cyber Dome.
>>
>>14296107

Magic Device just got a buff it seems like. Just went I thought of making a magic device character. Perfect.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (224 KB, 802x633) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
224 KB, 802x633
Why does this game come up with fucking warnings for ever single little piece of shit thing except for the things that I actually need to know about.
>>
>>14296981
It makes a noise every time you move while starving.
>>
File: VSBuildupOpatos2.png (462 KB, 811x633) Image search: [Google]
VSBuildupOpatos2.png
462 KB, 811x633
Well, that was unexpected.
>>
>>14296107
Earthquakes done by the Opatos Statue will now affect the levels of Nefias.

I hope it lowers them, for all our sake's.
>>
File: inferno chapter 1 score 1 year.png (2 MB, 894x717) Image search: [Google]
inferno chapter 1 score 1 year.png
2 MB, 894x717
Inferno chapter 1 winrar in 1 year.
>>
>>14300888
Congrats. And by the way, does inferno have that stupid dog killing karma penalty on it? If I remember correctly, no future mode had that. It was annoying as hell.
>>
>>14300926

Nope, inferno doesn't have that.
>>
File: qqaqhjgfhjqf.png (564 KB, 1285x800) Image search: [Google]
qqaqhjgfhjqf.png
564 KB, 1285x800
>>
>>14300888
>Slaughter Soldier
That is the most metal alias I've seen all day.
Props, man. NOW HEAD SOUTH.
>>
>>14303898
HOW
>>
>>14304345
9968 miles
>>
>>14304345
Also running around with near 400% potential on everything, including (hopefully) stats. Also I think buffing learning to 2k helps improve exp gains. Mind numbingly boring though.

interesting part is that you can get several level ups per trip, so I wonder if you can gain the exp before the potential drops between levels.
>>
>>14303898
each tile walked is 1 mile, right? well that's a LOT of miles.

how do you people do it? How do you keep motivated after you've finished the game and collected all the inner god weapons? I've basically stopped playing. It feels like all the additions Ano's made has zero relevance to us ultra-lategame people.
>>
File: the journey continues.png (2 MB, 894x717) Image search: [Google]
the journey continues.png
2 MB, 894x717
>>14306757

Never understood you completetionist that doesn't play on inferno. Nothing risked, nothing gained. I suppose everyone find enjoyment differently.

As for me? I wonder how and when I am going to die. What will I leave behind for my allies? A palace with all the riches they will ever need? Or will my little girl starve to death at the beggar's cave if I die too soon? What is their happiness? If possible, I would like to grant it to them. To face every meeting and every farewells with a smile. I tread carefully with every step.

The journey continues until death do us apart. Just like life.
>>
>>14306886
I've had so many pets. So many... so many lives. Deaths. Those that I loved, once. Those that claimed they loved me, once. So many, abandoned like old toys. Their faces blur together.

There was... there was a... a Roran, I think? Roughly a century ago. Back when I was a clueless newbie, barely stronger than a snail. I gave her a ring. A cheap ring with a cheap jewel. I didn't know what it meant, back then, but she did. She blushed, and then she gave me this big stupid grin. Probably she was happy.

I can't remember her face.
>>
Being able to end harvest time quests as soon as the quota is filled is so awesome. Praise be for Elona Custom.
>>
>>14306886
>>14307109
You are some grim motherfuckers.
>>
>>14307418
You get more rewards if you go over but its nice when you are just looking for plat or seeds.
>>
>>14307483
Doesn't the reward cap out at 3x the quota? At least the gold.
>>
>>14308731
Yeah it seems to be capped at x3 from my experience.
>>
Are the minor god characters in general superior to their evolved servant counterparts? Sophia has a bunch of great skills, but also likes to waste time with that mist skill. Sinaha gets browbeat like the evolved black cat, but also shadow step and that luck skill. Garziem and the defender are dudes, so we don't care about them.
>>
>>14310831
>Garziem and the defender are dudes, so we don't care about them.
OVER THE LINE
GARZIEM IS BEST GIRL
>>
>>14310831
there's always that recipe to sex change
>>
>>14311927
you'd have to manually change the sprite and then you might as well pick whatever monster you like as a pet and give it a cute girl sprite instead
>>
File: this little dog.jpg (517 KB, 1292x801) Image search: [Google]
this little dog.jpg
517 KB, 1292x801
Follow me! Why you dont follow me?
>>
>>14315969
Did you start the quest for him yet?
>>
>>14296991

I wish they could add a more reliable image warning when you're starving. All my deaths came here because I always turn my sounds off to keep my eardrums healthy.
>>
Do you guys start new characters every once in a while or do you play the same forever?
>>
>>14316322
The same one forever. With the possibility of learning all the skills in the game on one character and training them up, I've never felt compelled to make a new character. Didn't want to play a new race either as the racial quirks and feats, good or not, don't really matter much later in the game.
>>
>>14316322
Mostly play with the same character, but once in a while I will start a new character and do some kind of themed challenge until I beat North Tyris.
>>
>>14316322
I just started a new gunner because im at a point in the game on my wizard where I can enter Rehmido but I'm regularly finding monsters "at least twice as strong" as me. So the only thing I can do on that wizard anymore is check on my shop/farms/ranch, job boards, and dungeons
>>
>>14316890
So... the only thing you can do on the wizard is the rest of the game besides Rehmido? Why not grind some spell levels and level up some more before trying it again?
>>
>>14316322

I've been playing the same one, but took a break. I'm not sure what to aim for right now. The only thing I'm missing is inner god killing.
>>
>>14316167

Yeah, apparently i needed more charisma to take the dog.
>>
File: 1442434446951.jpg (44 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
1442434446951.jpg
44 KB, 750x422
>mfw the latest version of the re-compiled patch was released alongside the latest update
>>
>>14316605
Wait, so you can eventually get everything? That takes some weight off my back.
>>
>>14319262
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>14319608
The only thing you can't get is racial feats or abilities but those mean less and less the higher your other skills and stats get.
>>
>>14319899
stop it
>>
I've run into a problem where my pets are too weak. I'm was deliberately avoiding getting extremely strong pets and trying to raise up my starting little girl, the Exile, etc into solid fighters. They're not bad, but they just aren't nearly as powerful as I am.

Should I give up on having pets entirely except for stuff like Ensemble, or should I give up on not having powerful pets and just capture a Vishnu and watch him solo the act 2 boss?
>>
>>14321499
Can they survive if you don't do anything?
If yes just walk around and let them do the shit.
>>
>>14321516
If I were to fight in significantly weaker dungeons, yes, they certainly could. I just unlocked Rehmido recently and found level ~100 monsters. I can beat them - not with ease, but I can - while my pets tend to get 3-4 shotted. I can use healing hands to help them a little, but they aren't going to survive for very long against those enemies.

If I go into something like a level 40 random dungeon, they tend to kill shit a lot faster than me. My little girl absolutely outdamages me, since she's dual wielding ether items and using the Twin Edge. But her survivability is comparatively shit.
>>
>>14321545
How are their equipment and levels in relation to you? Do they need more dv/pv or have glaring resist holes that get them killed? You could consider gene engineering them up a bit for more survivability if their gear is already decent.
>>
File: Untitled.png (946 KB, 2412x624) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
946 KB, 2412x624
I should just post the character screens.

I'm dual wielding a miracle long sword 2d18+4(22) and the <Dynamic Saber>. Little girl is dual wielding a miracle ether sickle 2d10+22(1) Lightning damage(##) and the <Solar Cane>. She also has the <Twin Edge>, which is a lot of why she tends to do a lot more damage than me.

Her resistances are pretty shit. No resist to fire, which is notable since fire breath certain does hurt her. I could probably at least give her my <Awesome Swimwear>, since I don't need those resistances.

Exile has <Mag Abyss> and <Staff of Insanity> for his spells. His resistances are better, but he's still lower leveled so it's much more of a simple HP issue for him.
>>
>>14321699
If you're having a bit of trouble killing level 100 monsters quickly, you can expect that your pets with less than half and a quarter of your health respectively to have a really hard time staying alive since you're simply not fast enough to kill enemies before they get hits in.

I'd suggest:
1. Getting them up to around level 50 for more health. Similar to dungeons, generally you'll want to be at least half the level of the monsters you meet until later when you get better resistances and dv/pv.
2. Get at least Little## resist in everything, Strong#### if possible. Even Little## would half fire breath damage and effectively double your little girl's health, Strong#### would effectively triple her health against fire breath. Getting 6-8 shot by fire breath is a lot more manageable than 3-4 shot.
3. Enchant/bless exile's armor for more pv. Hell, enchant/bless everyone's armor for more pv/dv.
4. If you don't mind some void grinding, more speed. The more turns you and your pets get, the more you can catch/kill things before you take much damage or heal in between.
>>
>>14321887
>If you don't mind some void grinding
Is that for AP? I haven't unlocked the void yet, and spent my last chunk of medals on multiple scrolls of growth (I'm at 22 now). I don't think I've been in there since vanilla - do void monsters tend to give a ton of AP? I remember mostly seeing rats and stuff early on, and I don't think a level 51 or whatever rat has 1000 ini.

Well, I noticed my girl had ~300% potential in a bunch of weapon skills, so I'm in the middle of training her axe+two hand right now for some bonus strength. Even with a weaker weapon, she can handle stuff like a grand ent by herself, but a lot of other 75 monsters are too much for her.
>>
>>14321945
Yes for AP. They've made AP gaineasier in the later builds of Elona+, particularly for pets which now gain double AP. You'll start to gain AP fairly consistently once you breeze through the first two dozen or so floors. If you tag your pet to yourself you can help it get AP more easily since it doesn't have to land the killing blow and can still get 2/4/6/8/10 AP per kill. I was able to grind up my little girl and god reward pets to 300+ speed without passing level 50 and it's reasonably cheap since they increase 30 speed a pop.

With another 60AP your little girl could be moving at 230 speed already, ensuring that she keeps up with legion mages and the other 200+ speed monsters. Those same monsters are also occasionally double-moving relative to your exile, which may be part of why it's dying so fast.
>>
>>14322058
>tag

That seems to have been removed with 1.51, although people aren't sure if this was intentional because it isn't in the changelog.

I tried it a few times but didn't keep the tag active for long. How exactly does it work? And would riding give the same AP benefits? I just discovered that I can have my little girl ride me for a change, although I need to give her the riding skill somehow.
>>
>>14322115
I guess it's a good thing I didn't update yet... Tagging causes 2 units to move at the speed of the slower unit, and movement is controlled by the first, or left, unit. When either kills something, AP roll is made for both but the non-killing partner only gets 1/2/3/4/5 AP (double for pets).

Riding doesn't work the same way because only the one landing the killing blow gets AP and the INI is the higher of the two instead of rolling AP gain for each unit relative to their own INI.

When I was grinding AP for pets, I'd just tag it to myself and shadow step my way through the levels. After the pets got fast, I started turning the faster pets to defensive mode to prevent them from stealing kills from me moving at a slower speed with my tag partner.

Tagging also seems to disable smooth scrolling, so movement can be kind of jarring. Not much of an issue if you're just shadow step spamming though.
>>
>>14322146
>Riding doesn't work the same way because only the one landing the killing blow gets AP and the INI is the higher of the two instead of rolling AP gain for each unit relative to their own INI.
Ah, I see. Well, my girl and I have about the same INI so that isn't an issue. But not sharing would be.

> movement is controlled by the first, or left, unit.
As in, if one tag partner attacks something, the other will as well? How do spells factor in to that?

> Tagging also seems to disable smooth scrolling, so movement can be kind of jarring.
Yeah that's the main reason I didn't keep it for long.
>>
>>14321699
>and <Staff of Insanity> for his spells
I thought only casting skills count for pets, have i been wrong all this time ?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (219 KB, 802x633) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
219 KB, 802x633
I've just started trying to use wall creation. There's been a lot of "Why the fuck wasn't I doing this earlier?" It makes me feel kind of smart. It's a good feeling.
>>
>>14322210
>if one tag partner attacks something, the other will as well

As in actual movement. They will each still take their own turns attacking if in range, or casting spells, etc but the 2nd pet is "stuck on" the first pet as the first pet moves and doesn't need to spend its own turn to move.

If you tag a ranged pet onto melee pet, the melee pet will close in on enemies with ranged pet in tow while the ranged pet shoots on its own turn. Once in melee range, the melee pet will attack with its weapon and the ranged pet will probably keep shooting on their own turns.

With 2 ranged pets tagged, the first ranged pet will alternate between moving to keep appropriate distance from enemies and attacking, while the second one essentially can focus on attacking.
>>
>>14322257
Oh that sounds neat. I should try doing it more often. Thanks.

>>14322228
I have no idea. However, the staff does raise casting skill, so it's helping a little, even if it doesn't get the full enhance.
>>
>>14322270
>>14322228
Enhances spells and magic equip do affect spell power. Actual magic stat may have an effect but only marginal as compared to casting skill. I wonder if that Kai ass has noticed this yet while boosting his Exile.
>>
>>14322243
Beware about using door creation in towns.
They will never go away.
>>
>>14322364
Just bash them down.
>>
>>14322372
Isn't that limited to your holdings ?
>>
>>14310831
Anyone have an opinion on this/experience with the demigods? Seriously wondering whether I ought to bother with got pets now.
>>
>>14322293
I've noticed it anon. It just so happened that my exile's magic attribute has outpaced its spellcasting skill. This doesn't surprise me as I've been just grinding ball spells while letting my exile have at it with the piles of Curaria I've harvested. I'll bring myself to bring up her spellcasting skill with AP in time. I also still need to gear her and work on her speed. Also, why am I an ass? What did I do?
>>
Does the acid puddle destroy your equipment? How low can they go, -10?
>>
>>14323303
acid puddle destroy your equipement if its at -10 or lower

can go lower but any dmg at -10 and below destroy the item
>>
Are fairies good endgame? Or do their equip limitations really cripple them?
>>
>>14322483
Nope it works in towns, wilderness, dungeons, anywhere.
>>
>>14323423
In theory you could use flying scrolls to wear any equipement you want.
That said 2h dmg (or hit ?) depend on the weight of the weapon.
Also you can't use special action that requires medium / heavy armor (i only have magic equip in mind atm).
>>
>>14323651
This.
You'll be much richer as any other race, if only because you don't have to buy a million flying scrolls.
>>
>>14322293
What? I don't recall Kai ever saying that the magic stat trumped the spellcasting skill if you're implying that. All he said was that the magic stat does play a role in damage if you go by the formulas on the wiki for determining spell damage. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing with his exile anon. I'm just surprised he's still playing the game. I mean, after you've killed the gods what else is there to do?
>>
>>14322293
Just looked at the spells technical page anons have been talking about. The magic stat actually helps in the calculation of how many dice, number before the d, you'll roll for damage.
>>
File: stats.jpg (2 MB, 804x3590) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
2 MB, 804x3590
How does this character look so far? I'm new so it's Overdose.
>>
>>14329831
Doing ok so far. You're going to want to work on your fire and cold resist at the very least so keep your eyes open for stuff that raises it. Your attribute potentials seem to be on their way to hitting rock bottom but this is normal for any character starting out. By level 30 you should be making enough gold to invest into magic vendors for potions of potential. Get them to like shop rank 150 to start seeing potions of potential. Get like 10 of them and bless them. That should solve your attribute potential problems. I'm guessing you're making your rounds with all the guilds to learn skills? Just make sure the last guild you do is the mages guild then and stick with them. The mage guild will help you the most as a wizard since you can reserve spell books/buy spell books you want/need to stock up on.
>>
>>14316304
your eardrums or your character anon
...it also has a red-lettered warning on the bottom left, and the chat should read "you need to eat something"? I'm not sure how you're not aware that you're dying
>>
>>14330036
Oh and forgot to mention, I'd probably be much higher leveled by now but I have a ring that has "It disturbs your growth. [#####+]" so I occasionally lose XP, especially when traveling. Is that good to avoid things that scale with level?
>>
>>14330088
Not him, but I've missed it twice now I think, due to being in combat with hunger causing enemies. I didn't notice the sound effect because I was attacking/taking damage every turn anyway. I didn't die but I did come fairly close.
>>
>>14330184
There is very little reason to wear stuff that disturbs your growth in Elona+. Not much scales with your level but instead with other things. Dungeon danger levels are based around the highest dungeon you've cleared the dungeons that appear being a bit above or below that level. How hard Pirate/Brigand encounters are is based on fame.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (370 KB, 799x594) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
370 KB, 799x594
What is this lightning ball skill of Fron's? Seems like she'd be an excellent martial arts pet with this and attribute-enhanced fists and fist explosions.
>>
Does anybody have a screenshot of the default interior of the new house structure?
>>
got this from a japanese blog, a list of rare item drops:

dragon:
scroll of growth (green, white, nether, electric)
scroll of attribute (red, elec, chaos)
treasure chests
various spellbooks
spellbook of wish (nether)
water, potential
hermes blood (white)
potion of cure corruption (elec)
scroll of name (white, elec)
flying scroll (red, nether)
small medals
meat (heavy)

tl;dr: go trigger ragnorak lots.

drake:
chests (mostly the light version)
meat (heavy)

zombie:
flying scroll (very rare; like 1/50000 rare)
scroll of growth (same)
scroll of faith - less rare

lesser and greater mummies:
books of resurrection
potions of cure corruption

cupid:
happy bed
meat gives +cha.

imp:
scrolls of name; 1/200 to 1/500 or so
meat gives +magic

titan:
potions of potential
meat gives +constitution; also heavy

ghosts (shade, nymph, etc)
meat gives +willpower

mammoth:
meat gives +strength. surprisingly light.

quickling:
meat gives +speed

rabbit:
rabbit's tail

fairies:
kumi's secret experience
>>
I can't really understand how attributes exactly work from the wiki, how are they exactly raised and what's the most efficent method to increase them? Are food bonuses something longterm or just temporary?
>>
>>14333286
Food bonuses are permanent.

Attributes are raised by exercising them - primarily by using skills. For example, attack something while two-handing a claymore will train the long sword, tactics, and two hand skills, all of which exercise your strength.

Food works the same way, but without skills. You gain experience directly to the stat, more if it's well-cooked food.

Then there's potential; you can see your skill potentials, and they go down every time that skill gains a level. Stat potentials work the same way, but you only get a general idea of what the potential is at.
>>
File: 2015-11-09_230802.png (277 KB, 816x638) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-09_230802.png
277 KB, 816x638
I haven't been playing this thing for like a year or more, I can't tell anymore which race is which pet, where can I check?
Also I'm pretty sure my character isn't supposed to look green, anyone knows what may be the cause? Just upgraded to 1.50 so I'm pretty sure it's not the character sprite since I only modified the monster sheet.
>>
>>14333974
Go to an informer and select "Investigate my ally"
>>
>>14333999
Thanks, still have no idea why my body color changed. I guess I'll have to edit it with cheats somehow.
>>
>You have saved little sister 10 times and killed 0 times.

Shouldn't that have given me a new item? It still says "You can choose 1 item", same as before turning her in.

If it isn't 1+2+3+4 anymore, how are the rewards determined?
>>
>>14334131
pretty sure it's just a yes/no, as in, "you can choose [at least one] item" or "you can not choose an item". You'll be able to keep talking to her and selecting items until you run out of little sister store credit.
>>
What are the system requirements for Elona?
You guys got me intrigued.
>>
>>14335300
You could probably run it on a digital wristwatch so i wouldn't worry about that.
>>
>>14335300
It runs on my 8-year-old shitty laptop but there's enough lag between inputs and reaction that it's not very fun to play. Even so, the requirements are not high.
>>
>>14334470
Huh, you're right. Just made a save backup and tested it. I swear it used to say "You can choose n items" in vanilla.
>>
>>14335314
Eh, it really depends on what kind of shenanigans you want to get up to.
I'm referring to >>14280580 specifically.
>>
Is there a good way to grind Mag? It's raising way too slowly for me. I tried spamming raging roar around my pets (magic spell, casting, control magic) with mag boost active and superb potential, and even that was only like 2 full points of mag.
>>
>>14339067
Create an herb in concoction that focuses on raising the stat. Spam the oracle spell because its the spamiest spell one can spam. Even with all that don't expect fast gains. It's a grind but a bit better with herbs, skill spam, potential, and boosts.
>>
>>14339067
Magic device training via >>14280580.
You'll be boosting your Mag and Lea every turn until you run out of potential pots.
>>
>>14340019
Err, I should have been a little more clear. At MD level 60 you get the Mag based skill Alchemical Rain. Using this skill is essentially the same as throwing a potion of your choice at every character on screen. Throwing a potion and hitting something with it will train MD and Alch, thus Mag and Lea (does it train throwing and tactics too?). Add in a bioball of sister and there you have it. You won't be able to rest, so bring a pet/sandbag and suck blood.
>>
So how does resetting dungeons with the statue work now that it "adjusts the dungeon level"? Does it set the DLs higher, lower, reset them to your character level?
>>
>>14339067
Another good method is just getting an oracle spellbook, and then getting it reserved at the mage's guild. Read the living shit out of them, then spam oracle all day every day till you die. It's kinda pricey on gold though, but it takes nearly no preparation and its always relevant for grinding, so long as your potentials on both the spell and stat (oracle and magic respectively).
>>
I have an INI of 202/120 but never gained any AP.
I'm only lv35 so I guess the monsters aren't AP worthy yet but I'd like to be sure if there isn't anything wrong with my character.
>>
>>14340713
Even snails don't gain AP until around lvl40 monsters, they need a minimum to trigger.
>>
>>14340718
I see, thank you.
>>
What's the best evolution? I dropped my first evolution heart but I istantly used it one my little girl just for the sake of it.
>>
>>14340036
MD is at 39, so 60 is a ways away. The problem is that I just don't ever use rods, so pretty much all of that skill is from travelling and chugging booze before bed.

But yeah, I get the feeling that's going to be the best method once I do hit 60. Thanks.
>>
How do Shades work exactly? I tried doing some expiriments with them in the ranch (breed two, kill one, breed, kill the other one, breed, repeat so I can keep switching shades) but I always end up with the same group of monsters.
>>
I had no idea that pet AI is willing to use remote blow in lieu of an actual ranged weapon. Equipping the Grandel and a bullet in the ranged slot is an excellent way to stop your idiotic melee pets from wasting time with throwing/gauge boosting.
>>
What good ranged weapons can my fairy use when she's waiting for the MP to charge up? I'm lv31 with Shena's panties but those things hardly hit anything anymore.
>>
>>14342128
a shade is whatever the base monster was, just with the name and avatar switched to shade.
>>
>>14344253
Convert to Itzpalt. Condense magic out of air.

Nonbelievers will have to use rods of mana instead, and those get crappier and crappier as your stats go up.
>>
>>14344253
>>14344550
An alternative is teleport+building a shelter.
>>
Is it normal to only see like 1/4 of the tile at the bery right and top edges of the map? I'm trying to design my house but those edges are like that and I don't know if it's normal or if it's a product of my game resolution so I'm basically losing a row and a column by ignoring them.
>>
>>14344762
1296x704 in config file.
If you got a bigger/smaller monitor you can experiment until it works.
>>
File: 2015-11-12_165444.png (188 KB, 1035x801) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-12_165444.png
188 KB, 1035x801
>>14344762
>>14344771
I mean, I see pic related on the top right, is it normal for that row and column to be seen like that or are they supposed to be full like all the others?
The house type is Palace.
>>
>>14344781
it happens with some window sizes and not others. seems to be a periodic thing, probably to do with shoddy integer rounding. experiment until you find one that doesn't cut off.
>>
>>14344834
Thanks.
>>
>>14344621
Is there a recovery boost for shelters? Otherwise, wall creation works just as well.
>>
>>14345083
Wall creation fails utterly if there's an active boss monster or burrowing monster on the floor, and is iffy at best if there's something that can cast meteor.
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.