[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this shit so popular in every country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: yT86DSe_Cbk.jpg (65 KB, 718x666) Image search: [Google]
yT86DSe_Cbk.jpg
65 KB, 718x666
Why is this shit so popular in every country?
>>
>>62269414
its peaked, and fading now
>>
>>62269414
Nostalgia.
>>
>>62269434
Its not even fully released
>>
>>62269480
it is in all places that matters
>>
Pokemon is the second-best selling video game series of all time (only behind Mario), even my mum would be able to recognise Pikachu and she's never played any of the games or watched any episodes of the cartoons. If you release a free-to-play Pokemon game on mobile devices, people will lap it up (especially since it's a 20 year old series so it has nostalgia credit).
>>
>>62269434
>everything released ever
>>
>>62269414
not here

only reggaeton babe :)
>>
>>62270033
Wtf I love Chile now
>>
I always see a bunch of man-children playing it while driving to work, and of course the younger kids who want to be like everyone else.
>>
File: pokemon gone too far nosound.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pokemon gone too far nosound.webm
2 MB, 640x360
That feel when downloaded it to try it out, but I literally... LITERALLY have to walk outside to catch any. Fuck that.

I thought I could catch a couple in my home, at least.
>>
>>62271492
log out and in again, at some point one might appear
>>
genwunners
>>
>>62271578
I'll try that. Gracias.
>>
What team should I join?
>>
I caught 8 pokemons today while riding on a bus.
>>
>>62269518
>Japan
>Canada
>France

thats a shitton of people
>>
I really do not know.
>>
Pokemon Go in Auschwitz ‘offends memory of victims’

A spokesman for the museum at the former German Nazi death camp in Auschwitz, southern Poland, has called the use of the site in the game Pokemon Go “inappropriate”.

http://www.thenews.pl/1/11/Artykul/262002,Pokemon-Go-in-Auschwitz-%E2%80%98offends-memory-of-victims%E2%80%99
>>
>>62275077
>weebland
>cuckland
>muslimland

>matters
>>
>>62275147
>Finland

literally what
>>
Played for about a week, then got bored with it and haven't played since. It's kinda overrated and honestly kinda boring because all you will ever find are rattatas and pidgeys
>>
>>62275224
>all you will ever find are rattatas and pidgeys
Literally might as well just play Red/Blue.
>>
>>62269414
I play it so I don't sit inside all day, but I will deny it if anyone ask :3
>>
>>62271492
Sometimes the GPS glitches, and pokemon will appear. That is what usually happens to me.
>>
File: carlos.png (163 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
163 KB, 350x350
>>62275138
>Pokemon Go keeps directing people to Auschwitz
>It's only ever to get fire and poison types
>>
>>62278804
Koffing and Wheezing are very common there.
>>
File: 1468618309496.png (50 KB, 216x200) Image search: [Google]
1468618309496.png
50 KB, 216x200
>>62279179
>>
>>62271492
caught 3 in my house
going for a walk tonight to hunt for more
my issue is I have a 4S so my phone has a hard time and crashes a lot

honestly though I think Go has a lot of potential if they handle it well. they could turn it into basically a real world pokemon game if they expand the barebones stuff they have now
>>
I fucking love this game. I've learned so much about where I live. Never knew there were so many monuments and cool pieces of graffiti.
>>
>>62284078
first would be making it more stable of course, its clunky as fuck and crashes especially on older phones.

second would be improving the leveling process, make it so you don't need to catch a billion zubat to level up but actually involve battling and leveling your pokemon as a way to level;
maybe a team level and a trainer level, trainer level limits how high lvl Pokemon will listen to you (similar to the games with badges) and team level is the collective level of your team of 6 pokemon, all others are send to your poke-bank (basically you can star 6 pokemon and these are the only ones you can battle and interact with at a time)

third would be just a better spread of pokemon in general
a rural trail or a park should have lots of grass/rock types or whatever you would expect to find in a regular pokemon game
an urban area should have different types and so forth

lastly would be battling, this is desperately needed, gyms can be expanded a bit but battles outside would improve this game immensely, especially if you can set your game to some sort of "pvp" mode where if you remain in one area you will automatically battle anyone who comes around.

I can imagine neckbeards camping their local park like hotshot trainers battling all the kids and normies who come by until he gets taken down or tires himself out
would be great laughs

all the basics are already there, both in the game and in the mainline pokemon series, they just need to implement them fully in this and it could be fantastic.

eventually they can add latter gen pokemon and improve the algorithm for pokemon spawning.
>>
pokemon go will die in winter for obvious reasons
>>
>>62271666
Wow Satan, I never knew you were autistic.
>>
>>62284257
it wont die, but it will thin down to a sizable playerbase

I hope by then they add some updates to make it a deeper experience than just a walking simulator
>>
File: double_facepalm.jpg (31 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
double_facepalm.jpg
31 KB, 500x314
>>62284132
>>
>>62278804
I would have expected Ghastly
>>
File: 1453337152450.png (304 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
1453337152450.png
304 KB, 480x854
>still not enabled here
Fuck you Nintendo
Fuck you Niantic
>>
>>62284348
try not being from a shithole next time lad
>>
its what normies have been asking for years now
>>
>>62284348
Probably for the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ztLtpuwkM
>>
>>62284443
its like watching a video of monkeys harassing people ion India
>>
>>62269414
I can't walk down the street without strangers asking me which team I'm on
it's turning me into a normie
>>
I'd be done with it but my normie friends and coworkers are obsessed with it so I'm being dragged along
>>
>tfw no buddies in town and so am not into it at all

Checkmate normalfags
>>
>taking pictures of public spaces is now considered catching pokemon

what a time to be alive
I never thought one day pokemon would exist!!!!
>>
>>62284777
i wish you could gain XP for taking pictures of pokemon like in Pokemon Snap
>>
File: 1468883847158.jpg (56 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1468883847158.jpg
56 KB, 500x385
>>62284845
I wish you weren't playing this shit and instead were banging hot canadian girls
>>
>>62269434
Wait some months, we are now making dating and erotic anime AR game now.
>>
>>62284443
Whyis Brazil such a criminal hellhole?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.