[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flag How are soldiers viewed and treated in your country? Isreal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Flag
How are soldiers viewed and treated in your country?

Isreal.
We're very supportive of them, but not in the hero-worship sort of way, more like you would be supportive of a young family member. There's always random acts of kindness from strangers when you're on uniform, people randomly bringing you food and shit. It's pretty nice.
>>
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>62264727
No problem (assuming you're not being sarcastic here). It's just something you've got to do in this area of the world.
>>
Turkey.
We tie their hands, lynch them and throw them into the Bosphorus. This way we purge the kaffirs and the sultanate will rise again inshallah.
>>
File: BibleBelt.png (16 KB, 572x371) Image search: [Google]
BibleBelt.png
16 KB, 572x371
depends on where you are.
some of places the people treat soldiers like murderers, and if you have a "support our troops" sticker on your car someone might vandalize it or leave you a passive aggressive letter; while other places(red on map) the people treat them literally like jesus, and if you DONT have anything on your car supporting the troops you get everyone on the road giving you dirty looks or starting arguments with you about it... and then there is the rest of the country that could be any variation between those two extremes

in my area its pretty laid back and no one seems to give a shit one way or the other.
>>
>>62264698
This looks like something straight out of Beslan
>>
File: 1468793231985.jpg (367 KB, 1500x1811) Image search: [Google]
1468793231985.jpg
367 KB, 1500x1811
>>62264698
>>
>>62264698
The countryside is very supportive, and so are some cities.
I grew up in an area with the densest troop concentration with one in twenty being a soldier. A quarter of the people in our village got there through the military. They were often the backbone of the communities, taking responsibilites in political parties, volunteer fire brigades or our various clubs.
Since conscription ended, it got less supportive. Most soldiers are now from the east and north. So I would not recommend taking the train in uniform to go home in most major cities.

Especially Berlin is toxic. Airforce recruits from the north now have to go to basic training in a suburb of Berlin and are warned to not leave the train station in Berlin in uniform. In Munich it is totally accepted and everybody who was conscripted was extremely supportive and eager to talk.

One of my greatest expieriences during my time was when our company came back from a two day march in the Alps and we got in formation and ran singing through that bavarian small town in full combat gear. There is no military presence nearby and everybody was waiving applauding as if it was the last mile of a marathon.
>>
>>62264698
Depends on the soldiers, and depends on the people. Most people hate the Special Forces for some reason.
>>
>>62264792
americans say that to soldiers for some reason
>>
>>62264698
Here in California they either get the standard "Thank you for your service", get some free stuff depending where they are, discounts or they get the whole "Baby Killer!" sjw bullshit. A lot of the current generation of those in the military just brush it off, but the veterans usually get really pissed off.

t.San Franciscan
>>
>>62264698
Southern California.
They're treated normally or above average.
>thank you for your service, etc.
they have a hard time with women at bars outside of towns with military bases because women assume they won't stick around (which is true).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.