[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain Pakistan to me please. I hear tons of contradictory information
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Explain Pakistan to me please. I hear tons of contradictory information about them: growing economy and industry, atomic bomb joining together with poverty and islamist terrorism. Advertisement banners with qt girls in jeans with big tits, women politicians are combined with very conservative people and harsh moralist laws. Are they confederation or what? I don't get it.
>>
It's the only country in the world that doesn't recognize Armenis as an independent country.
>>
>>62254966
*Armenia
>>
>>62254865
Apparently the Brits created it as a buffer state to protect India pre-Cold War but gave them too many freedoms so they went for a Theocracy
>>
>>62254865
pakistan is a corrupt shithole with a lot of potential
>>
>>62254865
They are allied with the west because of the fact that India immediately ran to the ussr for help after independence. It is extremely corrupt and a lot of the population is Islamist but in the cities it is a little more liberal it seems
>>
>>62255251
I heard that Lahore is a nice city.
>>
>Contradictory information
The information you posted is not really contradictory though. Let's look at the facts.

>growing economy and industry
The GDP grew with 4.71% last year, which is decent but if you compare it with India, who achieved 7.9% or China (6.9%), it's not that impressive. Developing countries tend to have economies which grow at such rates.

>atomic bomb
Yes, Pakistan has atomic bombs, a decent amount of them. Not capable of delivering them by sea though.
>poverty
They're one of the poorest countries in the world, ±140th when looking at GDP per capita (nominal and PPP).
>islamic terrorism
Terrorist attacks are extremely common in Pakistan, and have massively increasing since the beginning of the century.
>women politicians
Benazir Bhutto comes to mind. She was assassinated though.

Pakistan was actually quite a promising country, ahead of India in many regards but was ruined by one man: Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, a general who became president and Islamised the country. The reason he became so powerful is because he played a massive part in beating the Soviets in Afghanistan, so the Americans liked him for a while, until they stopped liking him and shot down his plane, killing him (of course the official story is that it was an accident).

tldr; Pakistan is a shithole.
>>
Okay, lets start with just two questions.
1) How do they combine conservative attitudes of people with women politicians, hot ads etc? Are cities way more liberal than villages or what?
2) Are they becoming more progressive or less? I see often clothes made there in shops here so I guess they are improving their economy and it usually leads to the improvement of society.
>>62255675
>was actually quite a promising country, ahead of India in many regards

Give me example please.

Also how much do they differ from Indians? In brit-threads britbongs usually complain about people of Pakistani descent and rarely about Indians despite there are way more Indians than Pakistanis in Britain. But they both are pretty poor, conservative and have even similar language. I don't think Northern Indians really differ from Pakistanis, or am I wrong?
>>
>>62254865
Muslim Poo
>>
>>62256473
Well, for one thing, through big parts of the sixties and seventies they had a higher GDP per capita than India. Hell, they even produced a Nobel prize winning physicist (Abdus Salam) who in the current situation in Pakistan would never be able to do much, I guess (He's Ahmadi Muslim, which are seen as heretics by the vast majority of Muslims). They were more tolerant and less religious before Haq gained power. Terrorism has massively increased.

>how much do they differ from Indians

Meh, visually speaking Indian Punjabis and Pakistanis are quite similar. But there's a difference in mentality. Simply speaking, Islam has a negative affect. Indian students in the UK perform significantly better than British students, Bangladeshi (also Muslim) students to a lesser extent too, but Pakistanis do worse than British students. Why? I'd guess simply because Islam is too time-consuming of a religion. Ramadan for one month, pray five times a day, go to the mosque weekly, etc. It negatively affects all aspects of your life.
>>
>>62256767
Okay, but what about now? They have both excessive prison penalties inspired often by sharia and have model shows, alcohol and so. How do they combine it? Or just youth are one people, oldfags are another etc?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.