[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best resource to learn Chinese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Dancing_bear.webm (3 MB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
Dancing_bear.webm
3 MB, 240x320
I don't really lurk here.
The sticky helped a little bit with some websites, but I would like to know what some of you non-native Mandarin speakers taught yourself. Any good free resources to teach myself Mandarin?
>>
Get a Chinese person to talk to
>>
>>62240002
Business needs or just learning to learn?
>>
>>62240022
Would've been easy a year ago when I lived in New York City
>>62240050
Just to learn
>>
>I want to learn the most complicated language in the world for fun

Do you create these threads because you're bored or are you really that dumb?
>>
File: 1465319413893.jpg (19 KB, 286x254) Image search: [Google]
1465319413893.jpg
19 KB, 286x254
>>62240109
Sounds like you're the type of guy to get things half done.
>>
File: 1459692782765.png (69 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1459692782765.png
69 KB, 200x240
You can't learn Chinese.
>>
File: 1455574462001.jpg (35 KB, 615x630) Image search: [Google]
1455574462001.jpg
35 KB, 615x630
>>62240257
Sounds like you're immature and don't really know your limits. First off, how many languages do you already know? I bet you just know English, which is commonly known as one of the simplest languages in the world, grammatically speaking. It's also commonly known that for that reason alone it's significantly harder for native English speakers to learn foreign languages as they tend to impose more grammatical rules, and when it comes to this peculiarity, I'd say that Chinese is at the very end of the spectrum. So by taking this into account it's pretty hard for myself and everybody else here not to notice how deluded you are for not having at least a significant reason to learn the Hànyǔ. Note that I'm not failing to acknowledge that it's pretty exciting to get up motivated and tell to yourself that you'll learn the hardest language out there, but it's very likely that you're going to quit as soon as you start if, besides not having any real reason to do so, you're not acquainted with language learning. Thereby I'm sorry to break it to you, but you should start with something easier. Way easier. Perhaps one day you'll get there, but not at anytime soon.
>>
I often encounter people recommend an app called ChineseSkill in threads like this. I've never tried it so I don't know if it's good though.
>>
credit for the list below goes to an American poster called 一路順風, who creates a East Asia thread from time to time.
Mandarin:
http://www.learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
http://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
http://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
https://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
>>
>>62243062
Thanks for the mention, familia.

In addition to those, for intermediate and advanced levels https://gloss.dliflc.edu/ is quite good as well.

>>62240061
>Would've been easy a year ago when I lived in New York City
Yeah, Flushing is an amazing place to go to if you're studying Chinese.
>>
>>62240002
ChineseSkill
>>
>>62242164
DAMnb thayt was HarRSH
>>
>>62242945
I use this app and I'd recommend it. Yeah a lot of the stuff they teach you (especially early on) are kind of irrelevant sentences that you probably won't use irl, but it has helped me either recognize or memorize plenty of words/characters, some sentence structure/grammatical stuff, and all of this in a short period of time.

It definitely doesn't hurt to use this.
>>
>>62241468
Kumar
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.