[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Brit currently on holiday in New York anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (359 KB, 2048x1150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
359 KB, 2048x1150
Ask a Brit currently on holiday in New York anything
>>
no questions but i will leave a comment, brits dont tip so its likely your food has gotten spit in on your trip
>>
File: image.jpg (471 KB, 2048x1150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
471 KB, 2048x1150
>>62197315
I'm hoping the 'they'll spit in your food' stuff is just a meme. Most of the waiters have been pretty nice to me though, so I don't think they have. I've tipped pretty generously as well.
>>
>>62197419
If you've tipped you're fine. Really they probably wouldn't spit in your food anyway but I don't know new-yorkers.
>>
Which "tourists spots" were below your expectations? Which were above?

I though Times Square was rather boring. But the Empire State building and Ellis Island were bretty good.
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 665x1184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 665x1184
>>62197506
I thought the Rockefeller building was pretty bad ass - better views than the Empire State and less crowded too. I liked The Statue of Liberty and Ellis island as well, however I haven't really found that any attraction is below my expectations. The only con I can think of is the crazy homeless people on the streets.
>>
Banged any American girls yet? They are complete pushovers for an English accent.
>>
>>62198090
I've talked to a few girls on a few of the tour boats/ busses, also in some clothes shops. Most responses have been 'oh wow, I love your accent!' And stuff like that. I also completely charmed some tourist family from Florida on one of the tours who had a really cute daughter - I've gotten some kik usernames and numbers from girls so I'll probably end up seeing if any of them can go out in the coming days. Hopefully I'll score.
>>
Do you plan to apologize for stealing New Amsterdam from the Dutch?

>inb4 will you apologize for stealing land from the Native Americans?
No
>>
>>62197961
>The only con I can think of is the crazy homeless people on the streets.
That's part of the charm t.bh
>>
>>62198437
To a certain extend you're actually right. Most of them stick to themselves and don't bother too many people - they're like wildlife here.
>>
>>62198433
It's actually amazing how similar Amsterdam and NY are - especially when it comes to having lazy blacks smoking weed.
>>
>>62197268
Oi you, where you from wanker?
>>
>>62198621

When I visited San Francisco a year or so ago I was very surprised how aggressive the homeless are at trying to force you to give them money

t. manhattanite
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.