[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TELL ME ABOUT THE MAYANS!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Tikal Year 482 A.D..gif (359 KB, 1074x387) Image search: [Google]
Tikal Year 482 A.D..gif
359 KB, 1074x387
TELL ME ABOUT THE MAYANS!
>>
File: apocalypto iby4zo67JYGhcd.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
apocalypto iby4zo67JYGhcd.jpg
587 KB, 1920x1080
They really like eating corn, and new age retards tend to misinterpret every posible aspect of their culture, especially calendar (remember the 2012 meme). also watch Apocalypto, top tier movie.
>>
>>62161279
They live in Yucatán, read Popol Vuh

Don't watch apocalipto
>>
They're a great example of what happens when a population outgrows environmental carrying capacity.
>>
People like taking credit for their culture and achievements but spit on the natives that created it
>>
They wuz ayyliums and shit
>>
>>62161279
What do you want to know?

>>62161419
This; Apocalypto as shite, but it looked pretty.

>>62161452
This too. As of late we've got pretty good at shitting on them in return though. Tourism revenue goes a long way.
>>
>>62161452
>the natives that created it
they are long gone
>>
>>62161548
Teotihuacanos & Aztecs are gone. There are still plenty of Nahuas & Mayas around.
>>
>>62161548
I live in Yucatan. They're still here. They're pretty much indigenous and ALL of them are brown like the Aztecs. The social classes are pretty much separated by the following:

>Mestizo - Medium to very high class
>Indigenous - Low class
>>
>>62161581
The difference is they were conquered and assimilated, they're no longer the same people who developed those impressive civilizations, colonization changed them
>>
>>62161618
A lot of them aren't assimilated at all especially in places like Yucatan & QR. Like >>62161613 says theyre still there in pretty big numbers existing pretty much the same as 100 years ago in rural zones. Most of my extended family was from Yucatan and they couldn't even speak Spanish.
>>
they wuz kangs until the evul white spaniards killed them all by breathing on them.
>>
how did they go from that to modern mexicans
>>
>>62162017
A Caste system, corrupt criollos and a general anti-intellectual policies and apathy all reinforced by the Catholic church at the time. Basically they wanted the people from lower castes to be as dumb and malleable as possible, but that mindset also ended up transferring to mestizos and eventually to all sectors of Mexican society. Apathy and the belief that most Mexicans are genetically inferior is what holds the country back the most.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.