[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until every single newly made vehicle is electric? Including
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: electriccars.jpg (2 MB, 2959x2083) Image search: [Google]
electriccars.jpg
2 MB, 2959x2083
How long until every single newly made vehicle is electric? Including big trucks, ships, airplanes, everything. I bet by 2070 every type of vehicle will be electric
>>
Never
>>
Not sure about civilian vehicles, but military vehicles would always run on oil
>>
Hopefully never as we will no longer have a reason to invade middle east countries.
>>
>>62142322
>>62142323
>>62142344
You guys have no vision of the future at all. Sure gas engines are loud and cool and electric isn't seen as manly right now but obviously one day everything military or not will be electric. Especially with the newly invented graphene battery
>>
>>62142580
For the military to use it, it'd have to be just as cheap, reliable, and energy dense as oil
>>
>>62143029
It will be in the future. Besides, when oil runs out what choice will the military have?
>>
>>62143167
I doubt it'll be by 2070, also I'm sure we will find another energy dense fuel to use.
>>
>>62143229
No matter how long it is until oil runs out, with the technological advancement in the field of electric vehicles I think it's likely that it's an energy source that'll be well above good enough for the military to use by the end of the 21st century. And besides, future humans will want a permanent renewable energy source, not just another non-renewable energy source because future humans will be even more environmentally conscious than we are now.
>>
>>62142580
What do you do with your electric tanks when your country is nuked to shit and your electrical grid is in pieces?
>>
>>62143452
>implying it matters what your tanks are powered by if the Earth is consumed in nuclear war
If a nuclear war breaks out in this day and age, we're all fucked no matter what, and no tanks will save anyone
>>
It all depends on battery technology.
If they become significantly cheaper it will happen, as for the current prices, no.
About airplanes I'm not sure you can build reaction engines that run on electricity alone.
>>
>>62143891
Multiple people throughout history said people will never fly, people today may say electric powered heavier than air flight will never happen. Well I say that some crazy shit will get invented when the threat of oil running out is real and it'll happen
>>
>>62143428
Unless the inherent problems with electrical batteries are solved, I don't think fuels will be discarded.
What are you going to do when non nuclear emps are developed (or any espionage to the power grid)? What are you going to do about the heavy weight and large sizes of batteries? What are you going to do about their degradation over time and their loss of charge over time? Those problems are barely being solved for consumer use, much less military. Without a wonder battery it'd be better to even make hydrogen and use it as fuel than rely completely on electrical
>>
http://www.shell.com/media/news-and-media-releases/2015/shell-to-install-nationwide-network-hydrogen-vehicle-fuelling-pumps-germany.html

Never.
>>
>electric car crashes
>all your LiPos burst into flames
>>
>>62142257
And how will we produce and pipeline the extra power?
>>
>>62142257
early 2030
>>
>>62142257
there's not enough fossil fuels left in the world to retrofit/produce the electric revolution. we've made our beds, nearly time to sleep in em
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.