[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that Russians traditionally viewed Poles are aristocratic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: polski.jpg (66 KB, 800x583) Image search: [Google]
polski.jpg
66 KB, 800x583
Is it true that Russians traditionally viewed Poles are aristocratic and snooty?
>>
Never heard nor tought of that.
Got me a bit curious.
Where did You come up with this?
>>
>>62111497
Poles are mentioned as furious butthurt people in some of our classic literature. That's the only significant and unequal example I can remember. They were our Irish or something like that. Not posting it as an insult.
>>
>>62111809
>>62111913
I like you both.
>>
>>62111809
Dostoevsky
>>
>>62111497
Russian grandma and grandpa always told me the opposite, like Poles are uncivilized rude drunks. Meanwhile Russians are serious people who can behave themselves.
Well thats what they told me anyways not sure how much truth there is to it
>>
>>62112614
>Russian
>Civilised people
Choose one
>>
>>62112563
Old Dosty loathed Europe and felt we lacked soul and spirit
>>
>>62111497
hm... actually i would say it's true, but it's probably because most of the poles with whom russians dealt it were polish aristocrats
>>
>>62112651
Really? Wasn't he a big fan of German philosophy?
>>
File: typicalrussian.webm (2 MB, 1024x720) Image search: [Google]
typicalrussian.webm
2 MB, 1024x720
>>62112614
>meanwhile Russians are serious people who can behave themselves
>>
>>62113126
But not the German (European) spirit.
Essentially slavs have this thing where they're moody as fuck all of the time but also, in the end, has a spirit of hope and faith and shit like that. He thought Europeans lacked this quality.

Seeing how every other European seem to interpret Dostoyevski's books as being "depressing", and not seeing them for the stories of hope they actually are - maybe he was right.
>>
>>62111497
>aristocratic
no
>snooty
same bydlo like here
>>
>>62111497
>Is it true that Russians traditionally viewed Poles are aristocratic and snooty?

Thats ukranians.
They were polish niggers.
>>
Is it true that all Russians with named ~ski are of polish heritage?
>>
>>62115043
No. -sk- is a common Slavic suffix.
>>
>>62111497
Yes.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.