[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is rural US/Canada looked down upon and the people are seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: rural-canada.jpg (52 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
rural-canada.jpg
52 KB, 620x349
Why is rural US/Canada looked down upon and the people are seen as uneducated and of a lower social class whereas in Europe rural life is pretty much the best life there can be?
>>
Because there is no rural Europe, not in the sense that there is rural North America. "Rural" Europe is still always organized into towns and are within commuting distance of decent size cities, and are therefore susceptible to the propaganda spewed at the city folk. Rural NA is far from cities and has next to no access to internet or TV (for more reasons than I care to list but it's the providers' fault), so it does not get the propaganda spewed at cities so city folk are taught to look down upon these unenlightened hicks and not to become one of them.
>>
>>62109743

>has next to no access to internet or TV

Last century, maybe, even then you could still get TV pretty god damn far out there. Nowadays, unless you live in the arctic circle, pretty sure you can get internet and TV.
>>
>>62109847
Not totally sure about TV but I've looked into getting internet outside a major city. You pretty much get dial-up or bust.
>>
Rural Canada/USA is pretty much the best life there is though.
>>
>>62110507
this
>>
>>62109743
Is that for real, even over here i think most small towns have tv
>>
>>62110600
Of course not, this ain't the 40's. Even bumfuck nowhere areas here have high speed (Although still shit) internet.
>>
>>62109444
Because you're a poof that cares about what Euros think
>>
>>62109444
>Why is rural US/Canada looked down upon and the people are seen as uneducated and of a lower social class

The leftist Jews are statist city dwellers and hate unapproved of individualism so their media constantly bashes anyone who doesn't live in one of their cities.
Also every heterosexual white male is an ignorant redneck to be tamed in their version of the world, which is what you watch on tv from childhood and become ingrained with.
>>
>>62109444
rural america is basically meth farms n sheeit. suburban american is where everyone else lives.

same with canada. it basically means you aren't doing anything non-agricultural.

problem is, farm-owners and land-owners here are sitting on millions. farmlands are great fucking investments here in canada.
>>
>>62109444
More diversity in Europe. You jusmp in a car, go through 5 countries, every city is different. You're in a modern megapolis, village, medieval town, etc. Education, medical care and safety are everywhere.
>>
File: 1467417764008.jpg (63 KB, 674x673) Image search: [Google]
1467417764008.jpg
63 KB, 674x673
>>62110723
>The leftist Jews are statist city dwellers
stopped reading there
>>
>>62110723
>leftist jews
>statist city dwellers
>herding people into cities

this is legitimately crazy and believable. there are maybe a million americans who think like this and are read to wage gorilla warfare against big gubmint.
>>
>>62110775
He's right though you anime loving spic fuck
>>
File: 1450668199337.jpg (122 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
1450668199337.jpg
122 KB, 1000x850
>>62110818
>>
>>62110645
>even bumfuck nowhere areas here have high speed internet
Well that's Canada. Clearly you haven't researched the States.
>>
>>62110695
This
>>
>>62110806
>gorilla warfare
>>
File: 1442195088202.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1442195088202.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
I blame the American south.
>>
>>62109444
aside from PA, I haven't heard looking down on the rural areas in the northeast

In my state, they are the more expensive places to live, after the downtown high rise condos.
>>
>>62109847
hope you like dialup
as for tv its dish or nothing
>>
>>62109743
fairly accurate. I'd add that given our population density land is at a premium compared to the new world, even in the most undesired areas. The countryside here really does tend to be rich people and farmers -- although there are some exceptions, obviously, vid related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDtylU8ZEA
>>
>>62114267
Don't your rural areas have cell service? If you can get cell service there's no reason why you can't cell internet. That's what I use.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.