[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I need to do and know if I want to travel from the northern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: PanAmericanHwy.png (4 MB, 1325x1828) Image search: [Google]
PanAmericanHwy.png
4 MB, 1325x1828
What do I need to do and know if I want to travel from the northern part of Alaska to the southern part of Argentina? Considering the fact that I want to go alone and riding a bike or a motorcycle, at most.
>>
>>62106351
Well you will definitely need a Adventure or Enduro Bike since you have to go through the jungle at the darian gap
>>
>>62106351
many parts of the Panamerican "Road" aren't even paved, don't be too aspie to not take boats
the other advice i give you is to make friends with the locals especially patrol officers, and just pay the bribes when asked. don't go to places without those local friends as guides. if they say "ah haha you gonna get robbed there", then don't go there, they're probably right
>>
>>62106351
>What do I need to do and know if I want to travel from the northern part of Alaska to the southern part of Argentina?

That you'll get killed in central america
>>
>>62106481
>just pay the bribes when asked

WHY?
>>
>>62106593
because why not lol? why be on the wrong side of people if you gonna end up jailed or shot for it?
>>
>>62106536
This
Mara salva truchas will skin you alive
>>
>>62106695
>because why not lol?

NO, THE APPROPRIATE QUESTION IS WHY SHOULD ONE CONCEDE TO GIVE THEM MONEY?

>why be on the wrong side of people...[?]

EXACTLY, WHY EXTORT MONEY OUT OF PERSONS?

>... if you gonna end up jailed or shot for it?

1. JAILED FOR WHAT?

2. I DOUBT THAT SOMEONE WOULD SHOOT ONE FOR JUST REFUSING TO YIELD TO EXTORTION.
>>
>>62106536
>>62106840
I don't know, I think I have similar chances of dying in Canada thanks to the extreme cold weather or in the US, mugged and killed by some gangs.
>>
>>62106940
>NO, THE APPROPRIATE QUESTION IS WHY SHOULD ONE CONCEDE TO GIVE THEM MONEY?
Because they're going to shoot you, loot your body, torch your bike and bury your mutilated corpse somewhere it won't be found for 100 years until Mexican intellectuals come through on an archaeological dig.
>>
>>62106940
well dunno how is the dynamics of bribe in other american countries but here it goes like this:
a) "sir i see you have a broken light" or some crap like "you haven't got your safety vest with you"
b) you accept this situation because if you start argueing they're gonna say "sir you'll have to come with us to the city station" and they take away your ride, or >>62107048
c) they say "ticket is like ten billion dollars but come over here we can solve this"
d) you don't make the suggestion of bribing, but you can definitely bargain "i'm on a trip, i'm a hippie and as you see i don't carry much money for me" "how much you got on you?" "only these 3.fiddy"
e) they accept it and let you go
>>
I AM PREPARED TO KILL ANY CORRUPT OFFICIAL ATTEMPTING TO EXTORT MONEY FROM ME.
>>
>>62107267
You know that will not gonna end well, right?
>>
>>62107267
Anon please, considering the actual situation in México, you literally have to bribe people to enter some towns. Como las ciudades bloqueadas por los maestros en Oaxaca y Chiapas.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dari%C3%A9n_Gap

Enjoy your brutal gory death if you really want to go on foot. Also try not to get run over by a truck on the Haul Road in Alaska, I doubt they will expect pedestrians.
>>
>>62106351

I did some of this 3 years ago

there is no road between panama and colombia, expect to pay almost a grand for a 1 way trip for you and your bike by ferry

other than that just dont be fucking stupid and you dont owe anyone shit
>>
>>62109292
How long did it take to you to do that trip?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.