[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Westerners only care about terrorist attacks when it happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1435605941476.jpg (24 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1435605941476.jpg
24 KB, 288x499
Why do Westerners only care about terrorist attacks when it happens to white people?
If this attack was in Africa or the ME you guys wouldn't care at all.
>>
Poop in toilet, poop on dinner table etc
>>
maybe because both uncalled for, yet the terrorized countries keep asking for it

really makes you think huh?
>>
Because when it happens to the West then the West gets/is involved?? Fuck off and suck shit. It hits closer to home for us. Think critically for once in your stupid, sad, miserable life.

Also poop in toilet, poop on dinner table etc
>>
>>62104764
>People should care what happens on the other side of the world as much as what happens to their friends and family

Newsflash for you, people care way wayore when it happens to those who they feel close to, especially when harm was done by an outside group.
>>
>>62104764
Nonsense.
Our biggest news site even frequently posts about terrorist attacks in fucking Nigeria which nobody knows our cares about otherwise. And people do care.
However, it's natural to be more concerned about people you are geographically/culturally/economically close with.
Sorry for replying to bait, I just felt like it.
>>
holistic distance
>>
File: url1361330649728.png (523 KB, 463x608) Image search: [Google]
url1361330649728.png
523 KB, 463x608
>>62104764
Let us suppose that the great empire of China, with all its myriads of inhabitants, was suddenly swallowed up by an earthquake, and let us consider how a man of humanity in Europe, who had no sort of connection with that part of the world, would be affected upon receiving intelligence of this dreadful calamity. He would, I imagine, first of all, express very strongly his sorrow for the misfortune of that unhappy people, he would make many melancholy reflections upon the precariousness of human life, and the vanity of all the labours of man, which could thus be annihilated in a moment. He would too, perhaps, if he was a man of speculation, enter into many reasonings concerning the effects which this disaster might produce upon the commerce of Europe, and the trade and business of the world in general. And when all this fine philosophy was over, when all these humane sentiments had been once fairly expressed, he would pursue his business or his pleasure, take his repose or his diversion, with the same ease and tranquillity, as if no such accident had happened. The most frivolous disaster which could befall himself would occasion a more real disturbance. If he was to lose his little finger to-morrow, he would not sleep to-night; but, provided he never saw them, he will snore with the most profound security over the ruin of a hundred millions of his brethren, and the destruction of that immense multitude seems plainly an object less interesting to him, than this paltry misfortune of his own.
>>
>>62104764
>If this attack was in Africa or the ME you guys wouldn't care at all
I don't know, Boko Haram and a bunch of other foreign terrorists get a lot of coverage, even when they're never gonna be a problem for the west.
>>
>>62104994
Pretty much this.
Also,even if it is france,people will still forget it in a month,like charlie hebdo,bataclan and many other attacks,either past or future ones.Life goes on
>>
starting to not even care when it happens in the west now 2bh
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.