[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freaking german genders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 220px-Schwarz_Rot_Gold.svg.png (501 B, 220x132) Image search: [Google]
220px-Schwarz_Rot_Gold.svg.png
501 B, 220x132
Hi! I am trying to learn german and so far so good! I've got the pronunciation down, cases don't seem difficult at all... BUT I can't, for the life of me, remember the genders of the words. I've tried learning the word with the article, but it's still not working... I always confuse them. Can someone give me a tip? Will I always struggle or is there a point where you just don't think about the gender anymore and just comes out naturally, without even thinking about it? Thank you so much :3
>>
>>62088756
>is there a point where you just don't think about the gender anymore and just comes out naturally, without even thinking about it?
I guess yes.
>>
Sei einfach du selbst
>>
>>62088980
You're german, that doesn't count xD

>>62089030
I am. Am I?
>>
it's all about repetition
>>
>""""""languages"""""" with genders
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 768x1024
>>62088756
>>
same thing with spanish
it seems genders are random until you repeat it
after a while stars are female just because
same thing with german
>>
>>62091002
>it seems genders are random until you repeat it
no it's not random, it's actually pretty easy
>>
>>62090945
>Das Bier
>>
>>62090945
are those ending always true?
>>
>>62091312
no
>>
>>62088756
as somebody who had to learn german, I wouldnt worry too much about it.
You will remember the correct gender with enough practice.
>>
>>62091312
Those kind of shortcuts might not cover everything but it's a lot packed in a tight formula.
I'd try to memorize those a bit... and keep them in the back of my mind.
>>
>>62088756
It's a practice thing. The more you practice the words you learn the better. With native if possible. I lived in Germoney for a year and even though when I'm not sure I usually guess correctly, I believe mostly because I got used to hearing the words being said in their proper gender and stuff. Of course it can be confusing depending on the case but I think most of the times it will get easier.
>>
>>62088756
Read alot of german, for example news sites, or krautchan. Eventually it comes naturally.
>>
File: 1400741333491.png (357 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
1400741333491.png
357 KB, 397x402
>>62091845
>as somebody who had to learn german
>>
>>62092418
i am ivan, not ahmed
>>
>>62092539
same trash desu
>>
>>62092539
You need to go back
>>
>>62092539
welcome to stay as long as you like
>>
>>62092539
paschou ti na hui cyka blat xaxaxaxaxaxa
haroschie tavarisch xaxaxaxaxa
>>
>>62092577
>>62092963
wtf why are you guys so rude?
>>
You just keep seeing the same stuff again and again and it builds up over time. This is basically what the entire process feels like outside of book study, good luck. Don't worry too much if you get stuck, it happens and then whatever you're stuck on randomly makes sense out of nowhere. The key to success is to keep persisting and practicing despite how frustrating it can feel sometimes or even if you don't feel like you're making progress.
>>
>>62090945
What course is this?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.