[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everything looks way more happier in 90's? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: bsb-spice-400x273.jpg (40 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
bsb-spice-400x273.jpg
40 KB, 400x273
Why is everything looks way more happier in 90's?

I'm only 18 years old and I'm start to watch 90's movies, series and music videos.

Everyone looks so happy. It's weird. What happened?
>>
>>62077699
>What happened?
Cold war ended
>>
>>62077699
90's was much better.

Modern technology ruined everything.
>>
>>62077830

The fashion is shit tier desu.

I'm watching MMM Bop from Hanson now.

Most music looks happy as fuck.
>>
>>62077766
>>62077830

Please, tell me good music or movies from 90's. I'm liking the music.
>>
We were whiter in the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPnHDYp53wk
>>
It was before the internet and vidya became huge and people turned autistic
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (217 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
217 KB, 3000x1688
>>62077830
>M-muh modern teknologee
>>
>>62078437

Look at this Xuxa's comercial. My sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TCiQbWJ6u8
>>
big economic crisis in the the 2000's
and war and terrorism
and unemployment
>>
>>62078544
What the hell.

Those were white though.
>>
>>62077699

You see NOTHING, OP. NOTHING!!!

Turn on your TV and put on Cartoon Network.

Now search for Cartoon Network's animations from 90's. Also Fox Kids.

There is no compasrsion.
>>
>>62077699
only the cool kids were happy, the "generation Y" was dark and depressing enough to give birth to Kurt Cobain fags, emo and gothic/vampiric bullshit

I love muh 90's tho
>>
Holy shit, i remember these times, my friends used to have 2 houses, more than 2 cars, we had a resort membership, my dad had a bike + 2 cars, then the crisis came.
>>
>>62078939

>only the cool kids were happy

I'm watching 90's pop music compilation and it looks 1000 times happier than nowadays. Metal is old.
>>
The 90s were pretty much a softer version of the 80s, so it makes sense, plus internet was this new and misterious thing so people in general was a lot more naive.
>>
>>62077965
>The fashion is shit tier desu.

Give it a few years and the 90s will be back in fashion. We've nearly gone past the 80's were great and everything was awesome back then phase.
>>
>>62078544
This made me cringe
>>
>>62077699
pre-9/11

Once 9/11 happened news companies realized how much money there was in constantly terrifying everybody. Now, despite the fact that crime has been consistently falling for decades, all you hear about is every crime committed within 5000 miles of you all the time.
>>
>>62078506
As you can see from your own post, everything consists of memes now. Every social interaction consists of memes.

There is no free will or free thought anymore. Everyone thinks, eats and listens to the same shit. It's like a dystopian sci-fi movie but with no cool mechanical body parts, futuristic buildings or neon lights.
>>
>>62082865
Do people exist in your world that don't use facebook/twitter/instagram/whatever else?
>>
>>62077699
Try to watch the tv-series ''Daria''. It's not very happy. But yeah I agree with some of the things you say, I think people were more free in the 90s
>>
>>62078438
Yeah you already had gagdets like computers in every household and decent internet in some, but no social media smartphone zombies yet.
>>
>>62077699
From someone who actually remembers the 90s they were shit
>>
Dunno about you guys, but since the 90s things have gotten a lot better here.
Perhaps some sort of moral decay is visible and enhanced by the development of technology, but i think that has more to do with the soviet demoralization kicking in
>>
>'90s retro
Fuck me I feel old
>>
>>62077699
being happy wasn't cringy back then.
>>
>>62077699
>What happened?
Homicide rates went rapidly down
>>
>>62086679
I remember lots of opportunities to despise people for being happy back then
But normie pop had become more manufactured and commercial enterprises have a tendency to quantify things in terms of being happy or making people happy.
>>
File: 1430099200655.jpg (27 KB, 430x419) Image search: [Google]
1430099200655.jpg
27 KB, 430x419
>>62077699

No. The '90s were also shit. Millenials are hyping it up because they were kids and don't remember the bad parts of it.

>>62082437

Kek, no. The news were full of crime stories in the '90s too. Bill Clinton ran on 'curbing crime' and proudly flaunting that he would put much more cops on the street. That was also Giuliani's big talking point in New York.

As for terrorism, the durkas were slowly coming to the forefront ('93 WTC attack, Khobar Towers, US embassies), but the fearmongering was all about right-wing militias back then.
>>
>>62087076

Oh, almost forgot

t. French guy that lived in the US in the '90s
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.