[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is being white really that good on China and Southeast Asia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 4554.jpg (45 KB, 811x419) Image search: [Google]
4554.jpg
45 KB, 811x419
Is being white really that good on China and Southeast Asia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VomwWBVhdKw
>>
quite LITERALLY white privilege
>>
>>62062471
Pretty much this.
Unless you're ugly then you're fucked
>>
>>62061628
SEA merpeople here. White symbolize pure and the power of good. While black is evil and bad power. Usually fair skin is prefered for ladies womenhood and delicate works while darker skin for men manliness and labour works. Skin whitening products is quite popular here. I don't know about East Asian though.
>>
I can understand why girls might do it, but why guys? It just makes them look like faggots.
>>
Yea it's really that good but I am not into it
For those that worry about aesthetics to get a heads up for job/career sure, that would be the point
>>
>>62062504
sorry anon had to correct my post i'm >>62062471

White skin is the top beauty standard in china and means your not poor and not living in the street,
you don't live on a farm and come from a well off family

you rich and white skin mean you are not underclass this means you don't have to compete for work or anything your the top dog.

Girls like white because it means you bring in money for your family and you will not waste it
as many Chinese family are really stirct on their wallets and their moral.

having the white skin gets the girls for that purpose.
\you are their toy and trophy husband and her family will be proud of you instead of being ashamed.

China has alot more social standards because everyone is always competing for everything.

>inb4 chinks have no soul
>>
Tanned skin was the beauty standard 10 years ago in my country. Lots of people wasted money in the tanning salons for the tanned skin. The beauty standard is changed because of the influence of k-pop.
>>
>>62061628
Yes very true i would say. But what i mean by white is the white race, not just skin.
>>
>>62061628
When I was in Taiwan a lot of women used whitening creams and walked with umbrelass which nearly led to me loosing an eye because I'm much taller than an average asian.
Anyway, they do it to be white, when I tanned a bit a guy I knew asked me why do I do it if I have such pretty white skin. Was funy, the taiwaneese are nice people, robots when it comes to learning but nice.
>>
>>62061628
Dunno. the only thing I know is that when we played out too long in the sun we get yelled at by parents.
>>
>>62061628
Depends where.
It's seen positively in costal China, in south Viet Nam and in Cambodia.
Old folks in northern Viet Nam will want to insult you a lot, especially if you speak english. In thailand, you're mostly considered a walking talking bag full of money and everyone will try to get some of it by selling you shit you don't want or need. In central China, you'll get ome weird looks.
>>
File: lol david.jpg (102 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
lol david.jpg
102 KB, 682x600
Right about now is normally when I'd post the Youtube video titled something like "Beta Asian Faggot Blah Blah Blah Something Something," but enough beta Asian faggots complained about it that it's since been taken down. Which I find hilarious.
>>
>>62061628
still asia has nigger face
>>
I saw a lot of skin whitening ads in South-East Asia while travelling there. It definitely is a thing
>>
>>62062694
it's funny that you mention morals, because all the white chinese girls i seen in brisbane are prostitutes who don't give a shit about college.
>>
>>62068845
they try to look rich, hoping that would be enough
>>
>>62064460
What? Seriously? I don't believe that Asians would actually appreciate tanned skin
>>
File: farhad2.jpg (151 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
farhad2.jpg
151 KB, 800x533
>>62061777
Even the best-looking Indians are the light-skinned ones.
>>
>>62069396
That's Hong Kong though, the brit influence might have had something to do with it, as well as the niche fashion revolving arround overly tanned skin in japan in the 90s and 2000s aka ganguro
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.