[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan, what happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Bez tytułu.png (65 KB, 1284x632) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.png
65 KB, 1284x632
Japan, what happened?
>>
Rather than desperately import immigrants in an attempt to maintain "growth", Japan decided to go through a process of managed decline, guaranteeing a decent standard of living for all Japanese at the cost of a loss of relevancy
>>
>>62018321
so all the countries which imported immigrants are going to end up even worse?
>>
>>62018321
>Rather than desperately import immigrants in an attempt to maintain "growth", Japan decided to go through a process of managed decline, guaranteeing a decent standard of living for all Japanese at the cost of a loss of relevancy
No, that's GDP PER CAPITA. That means they are losing standard of living.
>>
>>62018345
I'm not really talking about the few recent years, look 1995, Japan was so far ahead even of the Western Europe and the US, it used to be really high (even top 1 three times) in terms of HDI but then it stagnated and all the major Western economies surpassed it.

Were the Japs just fapping to hentais all these 20 years?
>>
>>62018255
foregin exchange magic + low birth rate + yakuza
>>
>>62018351
Nah Japan is gonna take a huge hit though because other Asians nations are growing to compete with it also
>>
File: working age population.png (72 KB, 1190x700) Image search: [Google]
working age population.png
72 KB, 1190x700
>>62018255
the drop since 2012 stems from the massive QE of Abenomics, which depreciated yen by 30% or so. but, yen's been recovering recently, so i think japan will be somewhere between germany and france in 2016.

as for the long decline since 1995, it's nothing but an aging population problem. japan's working age population reached the peak in the mid 90's and is declining rapidly. it's just a simple math that the more retired people the less productive a society becomes, which also deteriorate per capita.
>>
>>62018362
GDP per capita is not exactly standard of living. You can have a lower GDP per capita than others but a higher HDI; compare Australia ($47,318 PPP GDP per capita, 0.935 HDI) with Qatar ($145,894 PPP GDP per capita, 0.850 HDI).
>>
>>62018255
25% Japanese is over 65 years old.
And average of Japanese life span is the top of the world. They are not working.

It's USD chart. Chart of JP Yen base is not such up and down.
>>
>>62018827
You are miss-leading. Study more.
>>
I think all-nationz.com will translate this thread.
They pick up negative comments only, because they are not fair.
>>
>>62019555
I thought they did positive comments
>>
>>62018321
A ha ha. No. Please google 'population pyramid' and 'dependency ratio' to educate yourself.
>>
>>62018255
FUCKING HELL UK
YOUR DOOMED AF
COMPLETELY REKT BY 2008 DOWNTURN
NOW YOULL BE FINISHED

youtube.com/watch?v=_hHDxlm66dE
>>
File: hajimemashite.jpg (41 KB, 599x341) Image search: [Google]
hajimemashite.jpg
41 KB, 599x341
>>62019472

old people are cancer, oftentimes quite literally even.

like, literal old people

it dawned on me recently that they are the #1 problem in the world right now.

not cancer, obesity, immigrants, global warming, terrorism, not even fucking kikes.

OLD PEOPLE

they OBJECTIVELY hold back the world on all levels, starting from the smallest societies and ending with the entire humanity as a whole.

I'll explain really quickly and in short: after 30 (precise number doesnt matter, it's an estimate) years old people cannot pursue an idea anymore, they cannot be 'idealistic' in a way. roughly at that age people start getting people dependent on them: long-term partners, their children and their aging parents. ofcourse 99% of humans will select this sort of instant gratification - increase in quality of life of immediate close people and themselves, instead of the OBJECTIVELY greater good, for greater society and possibly the entire world, the entire humanity

ok, 30 years might be debatable, but 45-55 years is for sure.

also, their brains are literally breaking down for a few decades already. and they assume (wrongfully) that they know something, and that somehow living up to old age (wow what an achievement in an era of fucking accessible basic medicine almost everywhere in the world and in an era of super-humanitarian values, where even kids with LITERALLY NO BRAIN are nurtured and people's money is spent on them) makes them... an authority on something, anything.

they are like children, but much more dangerous. at least nobody takes children seriously, children dont have votes.

and old people also create a social bottleneck, because of that 'instant social gratification' (for the lack of a better term) I described earlier. ofcourse they wont move from their social positions to let young people take their place, young people who OBJECTIVELY are better than fucking old people at almost everything.
>>
>>62020327
this is true but nobody can't say that irl due to muh moral
>>
Why not just kill the old people?

Japanese are Honorable. Just tell them that them dying will save Japan and they'll accept it
>>
anime
>>
>>62019884
Both desu
>>
Anime killed poor Japan
>>
>>62020723
Anime was around before 1990 my dear memer.
>>
File: 1461377668113.png (422 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1461377668113.png
422 KB, 665x662
JAPAN'S DOOMED NUKE US PLEASE
>>
>>62018255
>basis on dollar
lol who cares?
>>
>>62018255
Japanese Yen was purposefully cheapened by the government and the central bank

1 us dollar = 75 yen in 2012
1 us dollar = 125 yen in 2014-15
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.