[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best books or resources to learn about the Soviet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Konstantin-Log-lift.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Konstantin-Log-lift.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
What are the best books or resources to learn about the Soviet Union? Like how it came together, the culture of the countries in it and how they became independent, etc. Basically I want to know the real deal about it and understand.

Also, the same for Georgia in Europe.

Thank you.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag
>>
It's a long history. It begins with Marx, pass by Lenin and Stalin and finish with Gorbatchev.
>>
Start with Wikipedia
>>
It didn't came together, lol, it came apart. You need to read about how the Empire was formed. Start with Ivan IV I guess.
>>
>>61941614
This.

It was just conquest and imperialism under the guise of a '''''Union''''''. Lasted longer than most thanks to propaganda, secret police, and >>61941453
>>
>>61941638
What did they conquer?
>>
>>61941750
Arguably every state that later sought independence, plus Siberia.
>>
>>61941298
Read State and Revolution, April Thesis to understand the ideology that brought it together.

Actual indepth research on the USSR is actually quite hard to find.

Sheila Fitzpatrick's works are probably the best out there.

S. Fitzpatrick - The Russian Revolution is a good place to start.
>>
>>61941810
Are you talking about USSR? They didn't conquer shit except some super-tiny lands and micro-islands.
>>
>>61941453
this
>>
>>61941883
I am talking about Russia the civilization.

Soviet Union was a continuation of the Russian Empire, they kept and attempted to hold what others had conquered.
>>
>>61941905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T65SwzHAbes
Here is a non-biased brief history, all true every last word.
>>
>>61941905
Russian Empire didn't have any guise of a union and it conquered lands like everyonce else.

>they kept
No, they gave independence to Baltics and Finland who were allies of Bolsheviks.
>>
File: Kursk_wreck.jpg (92 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
Kursk_wreck.jpg
92 KB, 600x386
>>61941974
Russians are funny.

America can blow up their nuclear submarine and kill hundreds of Russians, and Putin didn't do shit but kiss Obama's ass.

So much for the 'mighty occupiers'.
>>
>>61942097
>No, they gave independence to Baltics and Finland who were allies of Bolsheviks

You mean setup puppet 'Peoples Governments' and then attempted a failed invasion of Finland in the Winter War? How generous.
>>
>>61942184
Those were two different goverments. Lenin's intentions were different from Stalin's. Lenin wanted to Give everything Germany asked for. Stalin wanted to kill the rest of the Russian nobility in Europe and bite as much as he can hold in his jaws.
>>
>>61942130
sure you did

lel, maybe after collapse your guys thought you can anything with us, but times changed. Today you can handle the fact that world becoming polycentric with several major powers and that now you have to accept manlet's stategy on ME. Things are going natural way, good for us.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.