[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Texas the best state in the Union?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: download.png (3 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 227x222
Why is Texas the best state in the Union?
>>
File: 4032.jpg (72 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
4032.jpg
72 KB, 620x372
Texit when?
>>
>>61928170
Soon desu, so long as they take my state with them
>>
>>61928170
Texas would survive for about a month as an independent nation desu
>>
>>61928133
Your states are all the same and all shit.
>>
>>61928133
>be Texan cop
>get shot
>>
>>61928653
Texas is one of like three states that could survive as its own country.
>>
>>61928653
>surplus in oil, natural gas, water, food, etc
>tech and banking sectors are doing well, oil ofc, there's a spaceport in Midland that will contribute jobs
>one of the largest National Guard divisions of all the states
>not reliant on federal funding
OK m8
>>
>>61928797
California has tons of oil in SoCal as well, but all the agriculture all up the state, even in the North where cities like San Fran have their own fresh water, depends on Colorado water diverted through New Mexico. Nothing preventing the Pacific Northwest from being a much poorer, but self-sufficient country though. Some tech (aerospace), lots of agriculture, good ports, mineral deposits, timber, coastal trade access and a land border with a friendly trading nation (Canada).
>>
>>61931981
They have no water and when they're not part of the union they probably can't just siphon it off from other states like they do now. But you're right they could probably survive on their own if they could continue siphoning water.
>>
>>61928797
It's also got its own electrical grid separate from the rest of America. Pretty based desu

BUT if you unironically think Midland is a place to brag about, your heart is in the wrong place
>>
>>61932417
>if you unironically think Midland is a place to brag about, your heart is in the wrong place
Midland is shit, but it is a spaceport

The private space industry is taking off right now, so that spaceport is going to be used
>>
>>61931981
>California has tons of oil in SoCal as well
Aren't they having problems exploiting it because the state won't give the oil companies the permits for it?
>>
>>61928170
Texas secession would only happen if the US got truly fucked though. I can't see us actually doing it in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>61928170
>>61933472
Didn't the Supreme Court deem state Succession Illegal anyways?
>>
>>61933550
Secession*

Fucking phone keyboards
>>
>>61928133
>>61928133
>Hot
>Boring landscapes
>Annoying accents
>Mexicans
>Only existed as independent nation in first place because of dumb slaveowners who got bamboozled by Mexico
>Worst barbecue

Nah, bro.

>>61933550
I don't think the SCOTUS ever made an official definition. That and the fact that there was nothing elucidated in the Constitution was one of the big issues leading up to the Civil War (which ended up being all the proof and precedent needed to establish the de facto illegality of it).
>>
File: 734574356835674.jpg (15 KB, 636x445) Image search: [Google]
734574356835674.jpg
15 KB, 636x445
>>61933895
And here's the picture that should've gone with that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.