[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How closely related are the italian and Romanian languages? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1468101755764.png (1 MB, 1800x2000) Image search: [Google]
1468101755764.png
1 MB, 1800x2000
How closely related are the italian and Romanian languages? I know only a decent amount of Italian but I was surprised by how much Romanian I could understand with it.

Are the languages mutually intelligible?
>>
>>61916524
Completely unintelligible, can't even get the gist of the argument
>>
>>61916524
>Are the languages mutually intelligible?
no, I think it's because the vocabularies are ultimately different enough and grammar is also different, while languages like Italian and Spanish are closer on that
not to mention the pronunciation
>>
I can understand some italian by ear, and it's really easy even for peasants to learn italian. But the opposite doesn't apply. Italians can't understand it immediately, because it's phonetically different.
>>
File: naurista.png (42 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
naurista.png
42 KB, 365x365
>>61916524
>that pic
>>
File: lol.png (636 KB, 544x542) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
636 KB, 544x542
>>61916524
dayum, 75% !!!!
>>
>>61916739
South Slavic languages, Italian and Romanian are pretty much one and the same when it comes to phonetics. I'd say it's more of a case of Italians not understand the wealth of Slavic and Turkish borrowings in Romanian.
>>
>>61916524
They're not at all, but I think that once someone understands how the sound of the words typically evolved from Latin to Romanians he can understand more
>>
>>61916788
The fuck you're laughing at?
>>
Italians bitch they cant understand us but I know a couple of Italians living here and they learn the language very fast.

No true Romanian is blond desu: Romanians are ,and
have always been, brown haired and brown eyed with light skin. Period.

Also top kek map.
>>
>>61917428

No.An Italian would have a hard time understanding Romanian even if spoken with 100% romance origin words.
>>
Hey romanians, write out a few phrases and let's see if I understand you.
>>
>>61922728
Acest text are rolul de a verifica abilitatea italienilor de a înțelege limba română:

Limba română este o limbă indo-europeană, din grupul italic și din subgrupul oriental al limbilor romanice. Printre limbile romanice, româna este a cincea după numărul de vorbitori, în urma spaniolei, portughezei, francezei și italienei.
>>
>>61922728
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXO2QtjixaM
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.