[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Living_Index.png (1 MB, 1600x754) Image search: [Google]
Living_Index.png
1 MB, 1600x754
Discuss.
>>
>>61916391
WTF i hate australia now
>>
>>61916391
Only 91%? That has to be wrong, prices here are considerably cheaper than there.
What are they basing these numbers on?
>>
>>61916511
America being expensive is a meme though
>>
>>61916547
Oh no, that's not what I mean, I mean Spain is pretty cheap.
>>
>>61916622
Your average spaniard doesn't have any more buying power than your average american when adjusted is what it means, so a spaniard can get maybe 10% more food than an american if it was a competition.
>>
>>61916511
>normalized to USA
says on the image. everyone that is not orange or darker is cheaper
>>
>>61916391
>Germany on the same level as Sweden
Good joke map
>>
>>61916511

It's not only about the prices, but the taxes and the cost of actually living there, so if you own a car you will spend money, if you live in rented apartment, if you get hurt how much you will have about healthcare.
>>
>>61916668
I doubt that quite a lot, I'm pretty sure the US has considerably bigger purchasing power than us, I'm not buying this image.
>>61916674
I know that, I just don't see it actually being true fro Spain.
>>
>>61916738
It's all relative. If half of your income goes into living expenses it's irrelevant if you're living in sudan or luxembourg. The cost of living is the same when adjusted.

Of course nominally the sudanese guy will make maybe one millionth of what the luxembourgish guy makes but still.
>>
>>61916850
>The cost of living is the same when adjusted.
And this is my problem with this image, it's comparing situations that are too different.
This isn't like adjusted HDI, which gives a clear image of the country, but a quite disingenuous view on what someone form X country can afford compared to Y country without taking into consideration that good.
2 countries may be at 100% according to that image, but when one can afford 2 cars and a flat while the other can barely pay his appartment the comparison because rather silly.
>>
File: kr23.jpg (47 KB, 840x840) Image search: [Google]
kr23.jpg
47 KB, 840x840
>>61916391
feels gud, it is illegal for people to sell you bread for more than 200 millims of a dinar, the equivalent of 10 cents of a dollar
>>
Indonesia's cheap? rofl

Also, in the more expensive places people earn more money anyway so pretty useless list
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.