[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lynx
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: lynx_stor.jpg (1011 KB, 1487x1377) Image search: [Google]
lynx_stor.jpg
1011 KB, 1487x1377
Have you even encountered a lynx in the wild?
>>
>>61897941
no but I heard we are reintroducing them to the wild
>>
Lynx sightings are fairly rare as they are not hostile to humans and keep to themselves. When you get to see one it's either because it's sunbathing on a rock or it's stuck in a trap.

To answer your question, as someone who spends a lot of time in the bush, no, I've never seen a lynx but I wish I do. I see lots of porcupines though.
>>
>>61897952
Is it true that you're reintroducing wolves as well?
>>
>>61897941
One of the best felines tbqhf (to be quite honest familia)
>>
>>61898005
not sure but it seems unlikely
>>
>>61897941
Nope, they're very rare here. I'm not sure, but they are also kinda ninja style animals, no?
>>
>>61898005
we already did
>>
is it dangerous?

I have already met a Giant Anteater, Maned Wolf, armadillos, snakes, aligators and some other shit I can't even remember, my dad's a farmer

I'm yet to meet a jaguar, I suppose I would shit my pants and stand still if I ever saw one but I'd really like to, they're dangerous when with their kids
>>
>>61898022
Yep, there's supposedly a lot of them where I live but I've only seen them once.

Old people say that early mornings in summer time is the best time to spot lynxes.
>>
>>61897941
>$ pacman -Q lynx
>error: package 'lynx' was not found
nope
>>
File: lynx.jpg (75 KB, 1044x766) Image search: [Google]
lynx.jpg
75 KB, 1044x766
No, only in my fantasies.
>>
>>61898046
No, they're very scared of people.

Where did you meet a giant anteater and what happened?
>>
>>61898046
>is it dangerous?
No.
When it comes to felines, cougar is much more of a threat. As >>61898022 lynxes are total ninjas. They can get large as shit but they will literally avoid humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8h747Oobcw
>>
>>61898130
What about bobcats, do you have them in Canada or is it USA exclusive?
>>
File: enhanced-14991-1401984583-20.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-14991-1401984583-20.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
No.

This is the most dangerous wild animal I run into every god damn morning.

At least 6 of them run past in front of me every time I leave for work and walk over to my car or metro station.
>>
File: giant-anteater.jpg (143 KB, 960x388) Image search: [Google]
giant-anteater.jpg
143 KB, 960x388
>>61898102
dad's farm

I was riding a bike back to home then I suddenly see it crossing the fucking road as I froze up, but he just walked away while I waited
>>61898130
Is there any cougar attacks news around there?
>>
>>61898243
Do they commonly attack people?
>>
File: Untitled.png (124 KB, 704x800) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
124 KB, 704x800
No but as a kid there was a couple freakouts whenever a bobcat was spotted near here for some reason. They're pretty much extinct in this range so it was odd. This happened a couple of times years apart. I guess they were worried the bobcat would eat students or something but I can't imagine that happening
>>
>>61898193
Bobcat is another name for a subspecies of lynx. I think they have them more down south in the US, like in Arizona or around that place.

>>61898243
>Is there any cougar attacks news around there?
They probably have a few attacks per year on the west coast and in the rockies. Joggers and bicyclists are more prone to attacks. There have been sightings of eastern cougars here on the east coast but they are rare. The eastern cougar has been thought to be extinct for several decades now.
>>
>>61898302
What kind of wild animals would you encounter if you'd take a rural road trip from Los Angeles to Austin for example?
>>
>>61898243
The most 'dangerous' wild animal I've seen in person was a maned wolf.
It was basically a big scared fox, you're more likely to be attack by a house cat than by one of these.

I would like to see a jaguar in the wild, but we don't have them in my state.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBNYwxDZ_pA
>>
>>61898381
Mostly mountain lions and coyotes, maybe an armadillo in west texas
>>
>>61898381
Mainly Coyotes, turtles, lizards, vultures and Condors. You might see a cougar or a bobcat too at night, but they'd be hard to spot. I don't live in that area and have only visited Arizona but it's not exactly teeming with lots of big animal life.
>>
>>61898243
Yes if they feel threatened, people say he pushes his claws into people's throats

http://www.livescience.com/47113-anteaters-can-kill-people.html
>>61898390
Yes maned wolves are pretty harmless

In my new dad's farm there was a jaguar attack, a father and son decided to enter a cave which had a female jaguar and its children, she attacked the guy's son and he had to shoot it, the bones are still there, pretty crazy shit
>>
>>61898390
How common is it to meet wild animals in Brazil if you're not near the rain forests?

I mean we have a big population of bears and wolves in European standards but you'd have to very lucky (or unlucky) to meet one.
>>
>>61898472
>>61898275
>>
>>61898130
holy fuck why haven't people domesticated them and made them like dogs?

they seem pretty cool.
>>
>>61898525
In the southern states wild animals that pose a threat exist but are very rare.
In the north region (rain forest) and in the central-west Region (mostly swamps) they are extremely common, jaguars and anacondas are not a rare sight in there.
>>
File: iberian_lynx.jpg (134 KB, 324x420) Image search: [Google]
iberian_lynx.jpg
134 KB, 324x420
>>61897941
>in the wild
No, but I've seen one of the few Iberian Lynxes that were introduced to the wild in a nearby natural reserve.

Cunts are smaller than I expected. Only less than a thousand left though.
>>
>>61897941
No, hey're cuck-tier animals and we genocided them all, like the muslims really.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.