[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really true murricans or non-Swedes don't keep tr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: FtZ8gg1.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
FtZ8gg1.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
Is it really true murricans or non-Swedes don't keep track on what week number it is?
How do you schedule anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyAgZDlWYaw
>>
>>61834452
I've never heard of 'week numbers.' If I wanted to schedule something, I'd just use the date.
>>
File: CalendarWeek.png (3 KB, 186x144) Image search: [Google]
CalendarWeek.png
3 KB, 186x144
>>61834504
There's not even week numbers in your calendars?
I can't even imagine making it without week numbers.

What about name days, do you not have name days? I never see it mentioned in Hollywood movies. Is it not celebrated?
>>
>>61834634
>There's not even week numbers in your calendars?
Nope, I just looked in my computer clock's settings and there's not even an option to add it.

>What about name days, do you not have name days?
I don't know what that is, so probably not.
>>
>>61834801
You strange
>>
>>61834801
I hate that windows doesn't include it by default. There's a page called
https://hvilkenukeerdet.no

(literally: whichweekisit)

that I visit periodically to find out where we're at.

We use week numbers for like, everything. "we'll be out in vacation from week 26 to week 28" "the results should come in during week 34 sometime" "easter is week 13 this year" etc.
>>
>>61835061
Sorry, that site is apparently not run anymore.

This works.

http://ukenr.no
>>
>>61834999
From my perspective, it seems like unnecessary complication when the month and day are perfectly fine.
>>
>>61835153
But you use months before days before years, anyways, so what do you know about practical date systems...
>>
>>61835153
But sometimes you cant be as specific as a certain date, or it's just overly specific. See >>61835061
It also helps get your head around how long ago/until a certain day.

Germans must do this too at least right, it can't only be nords? Ordnung, etc.
>>
TIL all Swedes have autism...
>>
>>61835264
Month first gives info on what season and a general time of year instead of day first, only thing you get from day first is how far away from payday you are
>>
We don't use week numbers but we have name days (we don't really celebrate them though)
>>
>>61835264
The order of written dates is irrelevant to what I'm talking about, week numbers are redundant information.

>>61835339
You don't have to use the specific date all the time. In that vacation example, I could tell my boss 'I'm taking the first two weeks of July off' or something.
>>
>>61835350
>til
this has always been common knowledge
>>
>>61835350
It's not autism, you're just lazy and disorganized as fuck
>>
>>61835879
Chill Karl, I just like to live relaxed without racing with time
>>
File: 1370310110091.jpg (51 KB, 494x367) Image search: [Google]
1370310110091.jpg
51 KB, 494x367
>week numbers
What's the point of months, then?
>>
Nice autism nodicks
>>
>>61834634

What is the point of week numbers? If you have the month/date (ex. 28 March) why do you need to know what week it is?
>>
>>61835978

Week numbers are a further refinement
12 months
52 weeks
365 days

I can understand the logic but I've survived all of my life without using week numbers and don't intend to start
>>
>>61835350
>ordnung is autism
REEEE

Society will not function if there is no ordnung.
>>
http://www.thelocal.se/20130812/49598

This can't be right. Do non-swedes not keep track of air and water temperatures either?
>>
>>61835993
THIS
>>
>>61835993
Nice economy eastshits
>>
File: 143502156986.jpg (114 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
143502156986.jpg
114 KB, 640x628
>>61836335
>go to spain
>miss bus because it comes "some time around 6 o clock" and not 06:03 precisely
>want to do business errand - no it's siesta now, come back after we have rested for a few hours
>"how warm is the pool?" - "warm"

REEEEEE-
>>
>>61836208
ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!!!
>>
>>61836548
Siesta is a lie.
Maybe construction worker's do it when is to hot to work but everyone else works regular hours .

Why lie on the internet?
>>
>Go to Spain
>See old lady getting robbedand beaten by a gypsy
>Two policement sees the whole thing, but they refuse to step in and stop it.
>Siesta
>>
>>61834634
Are weeks starting on Sundays in Sweden?
>>
>>61844940
No, Mondays.
That's an american example. And another thing worth insulting murricans over. How does it make ANY sense sundays are the first day?
they're literally part of the "week-end"
>>
>>61845017
I never got that - hate it when a piece of software has this and is not changeable - also 12hr time system.
>>
>>61845127
Yeah, then it's automatically into the trash.
>>
>>61845127
I dislike 12 hr time also, week numbers are a bit pointless though.
I agree the week starts Monday but on calendar I lke Sunday first, so Wednesday is in the middle.
>>
>>61845376
Why should Wednesday be in the middle of the week? It would make more sense in a German speaking country because we say Mittwoch (mid-week). (But it's still OK since it is understood that this is the mid of the working week; Mon-Fri.)
>>
>>61845606
interesting factoid: in Irish they say simply an MhĂ­ for Wednesday which just means middle or the middle
>>
>>61845017
in Portuguese, mondays are called segunda-feira (second fair?), so it makes sense that Sunday is the first day. I thought the week started on Mondays in the USA, or is it only the case in the UK? I remember seeing calendars in English that start in Monday
>>
>>61834452
We use them, too. Mostly for deadlines in business related stuff
>>
Weeknumbers are the work of the devil. Everyone uses them. And I have trouble enough remembering what month it is, let alone what day it is. And week numbers aren't included in any of the often used electronic calendars which is just plain idiotic in our society.

t. Dane
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.