[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are American roads so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 900x600
Why are American roads so shit?
>>
>>61819427
Nice cherry picking.
>>
>>61819427
the are build by lebertarians
>>
Too much money spent on tanks not enough spent on infrastructure.
>>
>>61819459
>but muh tanks!
>>
File: image.png (34 KB, 427x416) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34 KB, 427x416
They have to bear extremely heavy loads
>>
>>61819483
>t. Never lived in a city outside of his six figure median income bubble in commiefornia
Need to take about 300b of that 700b military budget and devote it ALL to infrastructure.

We need more trains and better roads.
>>
>>61819427
I think state roads it's up to the state so some states dont't fix roads because lack of taxes to pay for repairs (whether do to weak tax base or "lel, no taxes").
>>
Infrastructure is handled by state, so the quality of the roads is going to vary between states. Here in Florida the roads are great, but up in Minnesota, Illinois, and whatnot, the roads are god awful.
>>
It's actually the division of power since the interstate are all pretty well maintained
>>
>>61819519
>We need more trains and better roads.

That's where you'll have to deal with the brain killing aspect of infrastructure planning. IT's batshit insane some of the peoples demands are
>>
>>61819427
They're only really bad in rural areas, poor areas, and places that get really fucking cold in the winter. Water will freeze expand in smaller cracks in concrete during a deep freeze, making them that much bigger. I lived in a small town in Iowa that had next to no money, it probably would have been better just to have gravel roads there.

I don't know what roads are like in Canada and Siberia, or if they do a better job than we do.
>>
>>61819427
This is coming from Dirtroadsstralia?
>>
>>61819519
>Need to take about 300b of that 700b military budget and devote it ALL to infrastructure.
Do you not remember that massive fucking stimulus that Obongo passed that was pissed away on cost plus contracts?
>>
File: 1451757110398.png (522 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1451757110398.png
522 KB, 500x737
>tfw Pennsylvanian roads
>tfw doing the pothole slalom
>tfw road salts kill even the most durable vehicles in as little as 10 years
>tfw PennDOT in general
>>
We drive everywhere and we are very heavy.
>>
Road maintenance comes from the state budget. Some states like to steal money from DOT budget and "reallocate" it to things that suit big money interests better, or just use it to increase their salaries. Some states are better than others, obviously.
The same thing happens on the federal level. See USPS.
>>
File: 1407937550155.jpg (93 KB, 1280x409) Image search: [Google]
1407937550155.jpg
93 KB, 1280x409
>Live in midwest
>Summers are intensely hot
>Winters are absurdly cold

Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>61819427
temperature repeatedly climbing/dropping around freezing point every spring/autumn really fucks up the roads, southerners don't get this
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.