[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I rifled through a bunch of the "quality of life" types
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: NoI.jpg (32 KB, 471x213) Image search: [Google]
NoI.jpg
32 KB, 471x213
I rifled through a bunch of the "quality of life" types indices on wikipedia the other night.

Using the following rubrics, Netherlands and Ireland kept coming up:

1) beats the US on whichever chart I'm using, because why would I move from what I'm used to for something that's not an improvement?
2) not fucking freezing winters, but I'm not a flower, I can take _some_ cold (however, lived in Florida, Texas, Arizona ... lots of time in Iraq)
3) European Union, since I am an EU citizen

Netherlands pros:
>I have friends in Flanders and Netherlands
>I like Rotterdam and Antwerp
>yes, sorry to say it, but ... weed (hear me thru: it's an antiepileptic, I'm not trying to be all "hurr durr smoke weed errday")
>I'm a bicycle mechanic
>slightly milder weather(?)
>better mass trans

I think Ireland is cheaper, especially to fly back to the States, but mostly, they speak English. I don't mean that as an Americlap who refused to learn other languages. I'm deaf in one ear, though, so I don't know how realistic a goal learning Dutch is, and out of respect, I view speaking the local language as vitally important

what does /int/ suggest
>>
>I view speaking the local language as vitally important
Hi the official national language here is Irish. Don't come here if you have no intention of learning it, grma.
>>
>>61775461

The only reason the US is so low on development charts is because niggers and other degenerates drag ye down. The average American lives like a king of old.
>>
>>61775569
here I was planning to learn Shelta
>>61775876
I was wondering how we did so /well/ given Alabama -- imagining that California and Oregon cancel them out. maybe the trick is moving to places like that
>>
I suggest to stay in US
>>
>>61775569
yet you all speak english, because you're cucked by England and always have been

GG
>>
>>61775461
holy fuck you're autistic, if you're not retarded you can make so much more dough in the us
>>
>>61776088
hitler dubs checked, but TLDR, I retired on my 24th birthday and make 50k taxfree, I'm free to move to Europe. no reason to be an asshole and call me autistic

> don't get blown up in Iraq
>>
>>61776151
ok, enjoy paying more for shit
>>
>>61776151
But will that income be taxfree in europe?
What do you do?
>>
>>61776151

Aren't Americans liable for tax even when abroad?
>>
>>61776227
so, in the least retarded sense, if life isn't all about money -- is living in Europe just simply not worth paying more? or ... is living in the States that much better?

>>61776268
it will be

it is from the VA

>>61776312
we are, but it's non taxable income, wherever I live
>>
>>61776361
it's the same shit you just pretty much pay more for everything besides groceries
>>
>>61776677
triple dubs, very nice

yeah I'd like to not need a car, but I could just move to (insert the usual suspects: Boston, Portland, blah blah ... used to live in DC)
>>
>>61775876

Nah- maybe you are thinking that cus alot of Irish go out to America and do well , but there is a heap of white trash in America who live like shit

Id take a council house over living in a trailer anyday
>>
>>61776790
the whole point of Europe is that it's nicer to grow up in but once you've grown up there's more stuff to do in 'murrica
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.