[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hinduism thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: SIpU3.jpg (213 KB, 1600x1178) Image search: [Google]
SIpU3.jpg
213 KB, 1600x1178
I am that anon who was planning to convert into hinduism and to delete ethnicity from passport and menthally become ethnicityless. Is it true that you cant convert into hinduism you can just be born?
I came to it through stoicism and taoism and hinduism is the most logical religion to me at least at my knowledge level.
But I dont care if its not possible to convert I am doing it only for my own profits.
So hinduism q/a thread go!
Muslims are not welcomed
>>
>>61716222
fuck you
>>
>>61716222
all hail tripvaya, goddess of trips and bringer of the 1,000 lamps of vishnu
>>
>>61716222
Normally you can only really be a Hindu if your mother is a Hindu (similar to Judaism). Although I think there may be some more recent branches of Hinduism that allow converts. Also Buddhism is practically the same as Hinduism when you ignore the whole deity aspect of Hinduism.
>>
>>61716882
Hmmm, I see but just like all other religions buddhism was "traditionolised" by plough people and became part of their tradition.
I think it even helps I will be more inner oriented
Thanks
>>
Why become ethnicity-less?
For what purpose?
Fellow khazaks will still identifie you as a khazak and call you such, indians still see themselves as tamils, indians etc..
Why?

>>61716257
>yfw you cannot behead apostates through the screen
>>
>>61716882
>when you ignore the whole deity aspect of Hinduism.

They syncretize the shit out of everything so some branches have gods too.
>>
>>61717538
I dont want to become an indian or whatever else
Nationless, ethnicityless
I didnt choose to be born a kazakh or at least i cant remember it
Eventhough there is no nations in my philosophy, and no I am not a communist

There is one 70 y.o. ukrainian guy from my village but he was adopted after ww2 or something but since he was adopted he cant see himself as an ukrainian
He identifies himself after his adopter fathers tribe
>>
>>61718768
>>61717538
Nation isjust collection of traditions, fashion, collective mind etc
I think in school you had parallel classes and you would identify yourself only with your class
Nations are not different
>>
>>61716222
Why do you see Hinduism as ''the most logical'' religion?

Also, why do you feel the need to join anything. Just because you like the ideas?
>>
>>61722628
Its not the only idea
Since hinduism has roadmap on how to transform yourself just like stoicism
Its good for me because I dont like abrahamic religions and abrahamic God
First stoics (pre socratics who taught Socrates)were non greeks from modern day turkey so most probably they were influenced by hinduism
>>
>>61722820
>First stoics (pre socratics who taught Socrates)were non greeks from modern day turkey so most probably they were influenced by hinduism

Their ethnicity is disputed iirc, namely Zeno being a Phonetician or having Phonetician ancestry. I doubt the early stoics were directly influenced by Hinduism. You haven't answered me though. Why do you think Hinduism is the most logical religion?
>>
>>61716222
wtf why are you all gay & shit inside your midn?
>>
>>61723179
From my experience cute transsexuals are better than nowadays women, but Dont worry I plan to have a normal family
>>
>>61723091
Stoicism was incomplete man made philosophy with bugs
But the idea of piece of God in yourself and protecting it from being irritated from humans and situations was the only thing that hold me
And I found out a lot of answers for myself on these questions in himduism
Id est we are not body, not even mind( brain, software or whatever you call it)
>>
You don't have to convert. Our Supreme Court has said that Hinduism isn't a religion, it's a way of life.

So just do yoga, eat vegan food, and learn more about the ancient vedas.
>>
Anyone can be Hindu. Don't listen to faggots. There's no one way to be Hindu either. Choose your path and stick to it. If anyone asks, just say you were born Hindu.
>>
Technically Hinduism is a way of life and you do not simply 'convert'. You start living it. All the numerous deities are representations of nature in humanised form, so Hindus worship things in nature like the wind, sun, moon, earth, rivers, sea, etc. This also includes sources of food like the medicinal tulsi plant and the cow which produces milk. Other sources of provision, like books and wealth are also respected. The philosophy promotes a constant strive for self fulfilment and finding god in oneself. So the goal of the religion is to create a society that is intellectually mature and living in harmony with each other and nature.
>>
>>61723740
And then you get to the crazy shit which is way beyond your soft western impression:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hl9KM_7EAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DymoGRkXBrQ

Not judging it as bad btw, I just cant stand the mellow hippie descriptions of hinduism.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.