[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
living in places with large spiders etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: giant-huntsman-spider_toilet.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
giant-huntsman-spider_toilet.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
my friend is in Australia for the second time, and she apparently has had her first huntsman spider sighting.

I'm in the Midwest and I've seen cockroaches, house centipedes, ants, and small spiders indoors, among other things, but not gigantic spiders (inside at least). What do people in countries/areas with HUGE critters do? Any clever inventions or methods? With the relatively small size of bugs I get, I usually just have to squash with toilet paper or let it go.
>>
>>61708811
I check all over, but since it's winter there's nothing around. They only ever come out during summer
>>
>>61709051
Do you kill 'em ?
>>
>>61708811
Looks fake.
>>
I can't even imagine what to do. The cup/bowl trick just isn't fathomable with that large of a spider.
>>
>>61709185
Even if that picture is fake (just got from google), there are still huge spiders, etc. out there that would seem terrible to just squash.
>>
>>61708811
Only casuals kill huntsman. They are harmless and eat other insects.

Most of our lethal spiders are small except funnel webs. Generally you just leave spiders alone unless you're a total pussy.
>>
>>61709226
For really large spiders I use a schooner glass or a flower vase to relocate them from the house.

It's hard not to accidentally take the legs off when they're really big.
>>
>>61709337
you're the pussy here mate, spiders all deserve to die just like almost every other dirty insect does.

any fucking spider wanna get at me I'll squash the shit out of em you get me.
>>
I always put my finger up close the spider and let it crawl up my hand, then walk it out of the house.
I don't see the issue here, I would let that spider also crawl up my arm so I can just walk it out of the house.
>>
official grim as fuck insects that i'll never have to deal with power rankings

1. that massive fucking centipede with the red head that you get in texas + other similar disgusting specimens
2. huntsman spider flying at you from under the sun visor in your car and unable to escape
3. house centipede falling on you while you sleep and getting under the covers at supersonic speed
4. turning the light on in the kitchen and all the big hairy cockroaches run into the crevices and under skirting boards
5. giant japanese samurai kamikaze arisaka hornets
6. m o s q u i t o s
7. M O S Q U I T O S
8. swarm of terrifying humming locusts coming to destroy your crops and starve your family for at least 3 seasons
9. overgrown red ants imbued with the power of fire that bite you when you sit down on a nice piece of grass on a sunny day
10. tiny spiders with super powerful almight venom that can literally kill you just because you didn't see it there
>>
Spiders are literally fucking harmless fuck off. They do so much good and so little bad and are not aggressive. Hate bugs? They'll take care of em. You could even say spiders are bro tier. Sick of this spiders are evil meme when it is just untrue and forced by hollywood having movies with giant spiders being evil.
>>
>>61709090
Sometimes I just pick them up with a dust and pan and release them out. But if they're really scary or aggressive I just squash em
>>
>>61710532
blah blah anger anger bro bro bro bro. let's say we don't wanna kill the huntsman in your living room. you're comfortable just letting it walk around the place freely?

i don't like to kill spiders. they kill the other bugs, where I live, their small size doesn't cause a lot of concern. this is asking people who have dealt with very large insects in the home what they tend to do.
>>
>>61710717
Yes. They get a place to live and they keep other things out
>>
>>61710532
SIDF DETECTED

FUCK OFF DADDY LONG LEGS
>>
File: 2425.png (2 MB, 2328x1058) Image search: [Google]
2425.png
2 MB, 2328x1058
>>61710876
trillion hours in Paint
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.