[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Bosnia and Albania convert to Islam under the Ottomans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Why did Bosnia and Albania convert to Islam under the Ottomans while the rest of the Balkans didn't?
>>
>>61708668
>while the rest didn't
american educaiton
>>
>>61708688
>Serbia
>Croatia
>Bulgaria
>Macedonia
>Muslim
>>
>>61708837
not now but they were in the past, muslims didn't had to pay as much tax as non muslims. after the balkan wars most muslims were either killed, converted or fled
>>
>>61709020
No we weren't.
>>
>>61708837
Bulgaria has 10%of muslim population.
Serbia has an entire region inhabited by muslims.(Sandžak)
Macedonia is 30% muslim.
Croatia has like 2% muslims, because ottomans rulesd only over some parts of Croatia.
>>
>>61709140

you were 40% muslim just like 110 years ago

>>61708668

weak willed people.

>>61709419

In sandzak the mudslimes are imported and in Fyrom the 30% are shiptar refugees.
>>
"I Sultan Mehmed Han, All the people from lower and upper classes should know that, I order this to the Bosnian priests who are carrying this firman that: No one shall disturb or interfere with those priests or their churches. All the people who are unaware of this order or all the people who run away from my country can come to our lands and to their churches. Neither me nor my viziers shall disturb those people. I sware on the name of Allah, on the name of Mohammed, on the names of seven holy books, on the names of 124.000 prophets and on sword I wore, no one shall oppose those priests who will obbey my authority and who will serve my country." As it is seen in the pertinant firman, all the minorities living under Ottoman rule had enjoyed freedom equally."

Bogomilist landowners turn to Islam after that then their workers, then others move into the cities from Asia Minor and inner marriages begin.

Rest? They were just peasants. Litereally cannonfodder for the army.
>>
>>61708668
Can't speak for Bosnia but in our case it wasn't such a big deal because we don't give a fuck about religion.
>>61709685
Albanians in Macedonia aren't refugees, gypsy.
>>
>>61709685
I was talking about the bulgarian population not the turks that used to live in Bulgaria.
>>
>>61709777

Most of you are refugees settled by ottomans and later by the wars.

From 1948 to 1971 you were around 14% of Fyrom.

Population of Macedonia according to ethnic group 1948-2002[15]

>>61709917

aren't the "turks" in Bulgary just muslim Bulgarians?
>>
>>61709961
I sincerely hope you're not the eldest son in your family, otherwise I pity your father.
>>
>>61710051

It is not my fault that your kind ate Hoxha made history.Except Albania, you were helped by ottomans, and later by Tito to proliferate in the near regions.
>>
>>61709961
Some are but not all of them.
>>
It's estimated that over the total course of the occupation (500 years or so) 1 in 2 people converted to islam, became turks and eventually moved on to anatolia during the balkan wars. Turks are literally european whites because they're all balkan blood descendants.
>>
>>61710155

I'm pretty sure that almost all of them are just muslim Bulgarians.Is there any document attesting that ottomans collonised Bulgaria?As far as I know, only the nobility were turks.
>>
>>61710265
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Turks
Bulgarian Turks are the descendants of Turkish settlers who entered the region after the Ottoman conquest of the Balkans in the late 14th and early 15th centuries, as well as Bulgarian converts to Islam who became Turkified during the centuries of Ottoman rule.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.