[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is rural England like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: 1467462960778.jpg (82 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1467462960778.jpg
82 KB, 960x960
What is rural England like?
>>
>>61679458
same as eastern Europe, feels really like home
>>
the same as rural everywhere else
poor people who think they're better than everyone
take your average american redneck, give him an incomprehensible accent, make him drink 10 cups of tea a day and switch cheap whiskey for cheap gin and you have rural England / all of Wales
>>
>>61679820

Nah, rural England is the preserve of the wealthy tbqh. It's all grade 1 listed buildings aka old as fuck, fox hunting, pheasant shooting, cricket and pubs, it's basically like living in the Shire.

Poor people here live in council estates in cities.
>>
>>61679820
The poor people live in post-industrial shitholes in the north, rural England is quite well off, especially in the south outside of the London commuter belt
>>
>>61679458

its alright, some is comfy some is shite
>>
>>61679458
Boring as fuck.
>>
>drive Range Rover to a friend's
>go for a stroll on his estate
>head into the village to get lunch and a few drinks at a 500 year old pub
>Watch a spot of cricket on the village green

etc. etc.

Such is life in the green and pleasant countryside of England.
>>
>>61679820
Noone asked you cuck
>>
>>61680605
>marry your cousin

now it's complete
>>
>>61680137
You're patently incorrect.
>>
>>61679458
comfy.

>>61679820
nope. think cosy pubs and village greens where they still play cricket in the summer. people actually say hello to one another and help each other out. also typically lush nice big houses, or cosy cottages. it can be a bit unfriendly to outsiders though: walking in the pub without a local and you can expect it to go quiet and everybody to stare.

>>61687464
no u. he's bang on the money. just read his post and it says basically the same as mine.

t. english villager
>>
>>61679458
Watch the beginning of An American Werewolf in London.
>>
>>61687562
>people actually say hello to each other

Don'tsnt everyone do that?
>>
>>61679458
It's very nice

t. somerset
>>
How's North Yorkshire?

Looks awesome in pics.
>>
>>61688007
Err.. Up north is friendlier as a general rule, but no, not really. Imagine they'd still seem "cold" to American sensibilities.
>>
>>61688007
in many parts of europe saying hello or greeting someone is seen as rude and aggressive.
>>
>>61688689
Yorkshire is Gods county, and I say that objectively as a Southerner.
>>
>>61688722
t. doesn't own a passport
>>
>>61688736
meant for
>>61688617

>>61688722
I wouldn't say rude, as I said the countryside is different, but Europe is massively overpopulated & urbanised so people tend to prefer to keep themselves to themselves. Let's put it this way, I find New Yorkers friendly.
>>
>>61688761
t. owns several
>>
>>61679458
Cold, rainy, grassy, freash air yet smells like shit.

Top comfy.
>>
>>61680137
>rural England is the preserve of the wealthy tbqh
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Stop chatting shit that you have no idea about.
>>
It's grim up north, lad.
>>
>>61688736
Yorkshire is a shithole and I say that as a someone from Lancashire, could be slightly biased.
>>
>>61680137
go back to the guardian comment is free forum you fucking prick.

>>61689055
>fresh air, rain, grass, rain, manure
>smells bad

fuck off schlomo

>>61679458

last bastion of old England. Comfy as fuck, varying degrees of nationalism, stately homes for the lords, croquet lawns, village greens etc. Its why Labour wants to pave over it and build more council estates
>>
>>61679458
People panic when they hear gunshots in the distance.
>>
>>61689232
>Its why Labour wants to pave over it and build more council estates
The north votes almost exclusively labour and has by far the most countryside, apply yourself.
>>
>>61689268
negative, they're surprisingly common.
>>
>>61687562
>no u. he's bang on the money. just read his post and it says basically the same as mine.
>t. english villager
I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote >>61679820

>>61679820
You're patently incorrect.
>>
>>61689462

>north has more countryside
>must be because of labour
>not because north has a small population
>>
>>61689701
No
>North has more countryside
>North votes labour
>Labour wants to pave over countryside
>Labour paves over countryside
>North has less countryside
Your statement clearly doesn't fit what we can observe in reality, sorry about that.
>>
Used to live in Suffolk.

Rural England is pretty picturesque. The countryside is beautiful, the towns are gorgeous and quaint, the people live a much slower, simpler existence. It is great to visit.

However, it sucks to actually live there. Infrastructure (roads, schools, shops, water, etc) is terrible, everything is constantly damp and muddy, there are few jobs with awful pay, and housing is cramped, sub-standard, and extortionately expensive relative to wages.

Not that I'd rather live in British cities, as Britain is, in general, just a pretty shit place to live.
>>
>>61692256

I didn't live there, but that was pretty much my experience of rural England as well.
>>
>>61679458
I don't see any Ketamine 0/10
>>
>>61679458
rainy, cold, boring, unemployed, inbred, and opiate enslaved from what i gather
>>
Bit like Hot Fuzz desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc7dmu4G8oc
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.