[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best sounding romance language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 300px-Romance-procents.png (27 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
300px-Romance-procents.png
27 KB, 300x250
What is the best sounding romance language?
>>
>>61631043
CHI
>>
>>61631043
French by far, this is more closely related to latin, in fact french are the direct descendants of the romans, and when the germans invaded Rome, the roman nobility fled to Gaul.
>>
>>61631043
church latin>french=italian>spanish>portugese
>>
>>61631124
not being funny but why does literally the entirety of continental europe since the fall of rome claim to some how be the descendents/successors of the romans? also wtf has that got to do with how well your language sounds.

i think everyone is in agreement that italian and french sound great, and spanish sounds shit
>>
>>61631124
>this is more closely related to latin
Except it isn't.

Italian is the major romance language that's the closest to latin.
>>
Idk, but Portuguese and romanian are utter shit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzNUueNidA
>>
>>61631342
What's happening here?
>>
>>61631124
>French is actually one of the most distant from latin. And no, portuguese/spanish/italian all sound way better than your guttural language.
>>
French and Italian, I prefer Italian with a northern accent though, it's more genuinely Latin derived.
>>
File: Sardo master race.png (15 KB, 1063x273) Image search: [Google]
Sardo master race.png
15 KB, 1063x273
>>61631675
Sardinian is the closest language to Latin.
>>
>>61631723
yeah but sounds like shit honestly
t. Sardinian
>>
>>61631124
except that sardinian is the closest language to roman and venetians are literally roman citizens who fled from the huns and formed a colony and never bred with any outsiders
>>
>>61631758
It sounds like European Spanish without the gayass lisp. Not bad.

t. Piemontese
>>
Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, French in order.
Never really heard anything in other Romance languages.
>>
Italian and Portuguese.
>>
>>61631313
>>61631569
>>61632002

Here is an example :
Latin : Mors
French : Mort
Italian : Morte
Portuguese : Morte
Spanish : Muerte
>>
>>61631124
It's not the most closely related but I do agree it sounds the best
I also like Portuguese for some reason, I know I'm in the minority there though
>>
>>61631043
>Romanian, Catalan
No idea
>Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
They sound poor and brown.
>French
Effeminate.
>>
>>61631043
French. DESU I've never heard Catalan.
>>
>>61631124
>the roman nobility fled to Gaul.
Could have sworn it was to Venice but sure whatever.
>>
Catalan and French
>>
>>61632942
Catalan is a meme language like Galician
>>
>>61632869
Patrician was just a title by the late Roman Empire. By then nobility had more to do with wealth or favor of the emperor than blood. None of them had roots to the Roman Kingdom and they probably weren't even Italian.
>>
>>61632652
Surely you jest, frog. Romance languages got their noun forms from the Latin accusative, so all those nouns come from Latin morte, not mors.
>>
>>61632869
The roman nobility fled to Venetia wich mean the Land of the Veneti in Gaul, not Venetia(Venice) in italy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veneti_(Gaul)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.